Glossybox January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't indulged in a second box but am thisclose to doing so. Totally agree this site should come with a disclaimer and/or a warning! Also, I'm hoping for the same variation as you - perhaps this is another reason I should just get a second box already.. Oh dear lol.
I'd advice you to be strong and not cave...but the products this month are just so good!! Also I looked at all the Tarte lipsticks and there's isn't one shade I don't like!

I gifted myself a box and they just charged me for a second box!!!   Arrgh.  I emailed, no response.  Frustrated.  Should have known it was too good to be true.  

Anyone here besides JessP (don't know how to tag you!) in San DIego?  I am trying to get together an in-person bb swap, might as well include glossybox. PM me if interested!!!  

Originally Posted by Tabasc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone here besides JessP (don't know how to tag you!) in San DIego?  I am trying to get together an in-person bb swap, might as well include glossybox. PM me if interested!!!  
Yay! Excellent idea to include GB! 

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd advice you to be strong and not cave...but the products this month are just so good!! Also I looked at all the Tarte lipsticks and there's isn't one shade I don't like!
You are so right! I might just bite the bullet.. my resistance is quickly caving lol!

Ha! It's okay - I think we may all have some sort of condition when it comes to beauty products lol 
smilehappyyes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha! It's okay - I think we may all have some sort of condition when it comes to beauty products lol 
smilehappyyes.gif

Agreed!  I'm trying to resist the temptation to sign up for glossybox again...

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha! Well we can always trade with each other if we get the opposite! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also, maybe we'll be the two lucky ones with the

$1000 ShopBop gift cards in our boxes!

Sounds good to me! (On both counts
smiletongue.gif
   (<----- OMG this smiley!) )  

Fingers crossed, I'm sure we will end up with great boxes this month!!!

If I get another useless hair care product I'm  canceling. I got one last month and I was so dissapointed, I don't do anything with my hair. I know its not Glossybox's fault, but I want makeup, not hair care products.

Ah, well even though I spent 2 months being seriously annoyed with GB and their crappy (and occasionally non-existent) CS, I still can't seem to leave them alone...lol  I gifted myself a 2nd box last month and once I saw someone say that we could gift a box this month as well, I started considering it.  Then I saw the spoilers and I caved, so I'm hoping to get a better variety this month than I did last month.  Why do I do this to myself?  I have no will-power!   
eusa_wall.gif
  HA!

It's a mark of how much their CS has infuriated me that I'm *not* getting a second box.  I'm planning on canceling it after I get it largely because of that.  Plus the products that I've received have hugely missed the mark for me.  I was particularly annoyed by the mark. lipstick.  It's an *Avon* brand.  This is supposed to be a luxury box  Plus the color?  Hate hate *hate* soft pinks.  I go for bold berry or hot pink/fuchsia lips.  I am usually baffled when I try to figure out why they have sent what they have sent to me.  At least they haven't sent me a product for curly hair -- yet.  It seems like it's just a matter of time before they do.  But if they send out decent products *and* turn the CS around this month, I might not cancel.  Maybe.  With all of the promotional work surrounding this particular box, though, I have a bad feeling that they won't be able to deal with the influx of customers, and the CS will be even worse than it already is, so I'm still planning on cutting the cord once I get January's box in my hands since I won't be able to do a credit card chargeback due to the fact that I redeemed points for this one.  I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to cutting my losses here.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I get another useless hair care product I'm  canceling. I got one last month and I was so dissapointed, I don't do anything with my hair. I know its not Glossybox's fault, but I want makeup, not hair care products.
None of the subs are all makeup. Ipsy is probably the closest but even they don't have ALL makeup.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

None of the subs are all makeup. Ipsy is probably the closest but even they don't have ALL makeup.
Starbox by www.starlooks.com is all colored makeup products. $15.00 a month for gorgeous, high quality makeup items. December's item was a $99 eye shadow palette.

Most months, the boxes contain 4-6 individual makeup items.

I think it's fabulous and a total steal of a deal. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by LillyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Starbox by www.starlooks.com is all colored makeup products. $15.00 a month for gorgeous, high quality makeup items. December's item was a $99 eye shadow palette.

Most months, the boxes contain 4-6 individual makeup items.

I think it's fabulous and a total steal of a deal. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I second this. As their products have become my go to!

Oh my gosh, is GB going to make the $15 gift box a monthly feature? I didn't know they were offering this again til I read here. Just bought another Man Repeller box, LOL.

In my very weak defense, I had subscribed to the Man-Repeller Lost Crates subscription box, then Lost Crate went out of business or something... so I do like her " material stuff".

I wish they lowered the price to $15...though the bf seems to be OK w the price...and well he's the one that pays XD

Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I WAS subbed to Glossybox Canada since the very first box. The last 3 or 4 boxes were all drugstore items, then now expired Avon from 2005??

items w no English or French labelling that you can get on ebay???

The US Glossybox seems so much better.

I have had a few small issues w other boxes (test tube, Beauty Cache from Skincarerx, Beautyfix), but when I did contact about a  caproduct question, missing item or whatever all the other companies were great to deal with.

but Glossybox Canada is not responding to my emails, no phone number for Canadians, not offering to replace my 2 expired products.

-not much they can do to keep me as a customer short of a free box, and not too sure I want anything from them after hearing they buy items from 3rd parties and not authorized places?? for some items.
That is incredible. It makes them seem like those scammers that buy stuff on ebay and try to resell it as "luxury" boxes. Plus, Avon shouldn't even be categorized as a "luxury brand" and having it expire since 2005 is the last straw. I would file a complaint with my credit card if they pulled that stuff over here. I don't know what options you have in Canada but you shouldn't have to pay for boxes of drugstore items and even worse, expired drugstore items and third party unauthorized products. If I see even a hint of that happening in the US, I'll cancel immediately.

Latest posts

Back