Glossybox January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apparently I am subscribed to glossybox again? I legitimately do not remember signing back up..sort of like the sephora order that I just got a shipping email for. I need rehab.
LOL Oh man. I hope I am never that bad. I may even show my husband your post so he thinks I am a little more sane that he believes I am.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL Oh man. I hope I am never that bad. I may even show my husband your post so he thinks I am a little more sane that he believes I am.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Lol please feel free. I am a goo hoarder in the worst ways. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Box sounds great...I was already going to gift two boxes but I might have to send one to my mom now too.

Hey everyone I read on here somewhere that you can gift a glossybox for $15.00. How do you do that? Is there a special code?

I cancelled in december because I wasn't happy with my items (it was my first box). And, surprise!! I just got an email for order confirmation (January box). When I logged into my account, it's still active. 

How on earth did I get scammed like that? Anyone had this issue?

Originally Posted by o0jeany0o /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have to be an active subscriber and then you can gift a box for $15 

http://www.glossybox.com/gifts-old/
To piggyback off this, I helped out a MUTer last month for the December box. It was a relatively painless process if you're not an active subscriber already. PM if that's something you want to do.

Yes I am an active subscriber and thank you for the link!

Are they always $15.00? Or is it just this month they are doing the $15.00? 

Does anyone know if they will receive the January box? 

I think last month was the first time they had the gift option, it was $15 then also. And the gift order page says it will ship between 15th and 19th, so yep, should be the January box. And it said on their fb page there was still time to order one.

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes I am an active subscriber and thank you for the link!

Are they always $15.00? Or is it just this month they are doing the $15.00? 

Does anyone know if they will receive the January box? 
I recall in Dec that they were still allowing you to order the box past the 9th, however, those would not be guaranteed for delivery in time for Christmas. It might be something like that. If in doubt, probably shoot them an email, twitter or call them.

They did it last month too, so I don't know if it's temporary or permanent. I don't mind it being a lower price because then I can either gift or send another to myself. haha

I had ordered two gift boxes for january but then canceled because of the issues I'm having. I was charged for the boxes. I wonder if I'll still get them.

The Man Repeller collaboration and the spoilers on the People site made me take the plunge and sign back up.

I signed up for a 3 month subscription. I hope, since there will be more media attention and new subscribers, that the boxes are better than in the past!

Glossybox said that they'll be sending me a January Box for free.. i really hope that they do ;] I'm pretty sure that Nicole will since she's AWESOME!!

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glossybox said that they'll be sending me a January Box for free.. i really hope that they do ;] I'm pretty sure that Nicole will since she's AWESOME!!
If they said it, they will :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I had some issues last month and was given a free box. I didn't get a shipping email but it just showed up on my doorstep and I was soooo happy especially because I liked everything inside!

ETA: I just read about the Glossybox Canada stuff and was shocked. I may have sounded like I thought glossybox was perfection because I had a great experience with them last month and no issues with my previous boxes but now I'm a bit worried that something like what happened in Canada could happen in the US. Are the boxes extremely different in Canada and the US? The brands given out in the US has always seemed good but if I got stuff like what was mentioned in the Canadian boxes, I'd cancel in a second. 

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If they said it, they will :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I had some issues last month and was given a free box. I didn't get a shipping email but it just showed up on my doorstep and I was soooo happy especially because I liked everything inside!

ETA: I just read about the Glossybox Canada stuff and was shocked. I may have sounded like I thought glossybox was perfection because I had a great experience with them last month and no issues with my previous boxes but now I'm a bit worried that something like what happened in Canada could happen in the US. Are the boxes extremely different in Canada and the US? The brands given out in the US has always seemed good but if I got stuff like what was mentioned in the Canadian boxes, I'd cancel in a second. 
i really hope that Nicole does <3 she's truly so nice and understanding.. =)

i heard what happened to Glossybox Canada too but the boxes are different.. so I don't think that it would be happening to the US.. it COULD happen.. but nothing not I know of yet and I've been subscribed since the beginning.

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i really hope that Nicole does <3 she's truly so nice and understanding.. =)

i heard what happened to Glossybox Canada too but the boxes are different.. so I don't think that it would be happening to the US.. it COULD happen.. but nothing not I know of yet and I've been subscribed since the beginning.
I agree. GB US's products and other countries I have seen have been amazing. It's the CS that is lacking. I guess. I've never actually had a problem with them, but I know others have.

Back