Glossybox January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope its better than the last two months! my nov box was missing items, was told I would receive a replacement box over a month ago, still waiting, and several dozen calls later to which there was never a live person answering and half a dozen emails later still waiting for a resolution! if I my interest wasn't piqued by the man repeller box I would have cancelled already such a bummer as sept box was awesome, June was pretty good, julu, August, and October were decent. they also have the best actual box. has anyone else made the drawers out of the boxes? I did and it came out as such a cute way to store beauty products especially since plastic drawers can be so pricy! emailed Glossybox again last night and can only hope that a real person will actually respond in a reasonable amount of time since the phone number is useless! anyone have any tips for getting thought to CS?

Originally Posted by jaclynsmusings /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just hope its better than the last two months! my nov box was missing items, was told I would receive a replacement box over a month ago, still waiting, and several dozen calls later to which there was never a live person answering and half a dozen emails later still waiting for a resolution! if I my interest wasn't piqued by the man repeller box I would have cancelled already

such a bummer as sept box was awesome, June was pretty good, julu, August, and October were decent. they also have the best actual box. has anyone else made the drawers out of the boxes? I did and it came out as such a cute way to store beauty products especially since plastic drawers can be so pricy!

emailed Glossybox again last night and can only hope that a real person will actually respond in a reasonable amount of time since the phone number is useless!

anyone have any tips for getting thought to CS?
I made a bunch of fancy chocolate covered pretzel sticks dipped in all kinds of toppings and loaded my extra Glossyboxes full of them with some tissue paper separating the layers and gave them as gifts and people loved them. The boxes are so elegant they look like they come from a high-end bakery. I definitely made sure to clean out the inside so there was no product residue or scents. They worked great!

random question - im a new subscriber so if GB ships internationally, does that mean everyone around the world receives the same thing or each box caters to their own country?

There are over 15 Glossyboxes around the world so each country that has a GB there gets different items.

It'd be cool to have a choice of a GB from another country - have a try of other stuff in other countries - but that's horrible on shipping costs

I can not trust Glossybox Canada anymore.

On Facebook they have admitted to getting  items from third parties and Avon and Revlon even commented they did not supply the items in the Dec Glossybox and in no way have sponsored their boxes.

Also a few months ago I got a Dove body wash that my friend saw at Dollar type stores and is now sold for $2 on some clearance old stock sites.

a 200ml size that is not for sale anywhere?

box

Now Glossybox Canada even sent expired makeup and is claiming it is fine??

That is the "last straw" you could say.

Also no phone number for the Canada service. no way to contact them, so did a Visa chargeback for $21.

Maybe the US service is better,but I do not want anything from the Canadian glossybox service- not after all these lies.

Heeeey, whaddaya know, they seem to have gotten the Glossydots redemption right! I have a confirmation that they are using my dots and no credit card charge -- at least so far. I was wondering if they would charge me even though I redeemed my dots.

I just cancelled.  I never received my December box even though it was marked as "delivered".  I contacted them and was told they would send me a new one. That hasn't happened.  I was charged today for the January box and, maybe I'm being petty, but I think it's just a little bit ridiculous to be charged for the next months box when I haven't even received the previous months.  I'd rather spend my money on products I know I like then on products I may or may not enjoy and may or may not actually receive.

Have you seen what they did in Canada? The box is  full of old Avon!

I was promised a December box as well after they flubbed my sub. no luck with that yet.

Originally Posted by redfox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just cancelled.  I never received my December box even though it was marked as "delivered".  I contacted them and was told they would send me a new one. That hasn't happened.  I was charged today for the January box and, maybe I'm being petty, but I think it's just a little bit ridiculous to be charged for the next months box when I haven't even received the previous months.  I'd rather spend my money on products I know I like then on products I may or may not enjoy and may or may not actually receive.

Did you guys see the spoiler about the Man Repeller box that they just tweeted? Holy cow!

Does anyone know who the parent company is for Glossybox? I'm not getting anywhere with their CS...maybe the parent compant can help if there is one?

Ooooh thanks for finding/sharing this!! I hope I get the 

Tarte Glamazon lipstick!

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooooh thanks for finding/sharing this!! I hope I get the 

Tarte Glamazon lipstick!

Too funny - I am hoping for the "other one" of the two!  

Exciting sounding box...

Quote: Originally Posted by lolitam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Too funny - I am hoping for the "other one" of the two!  

Exciting sounding box...
Ha! Well we can always trade with each other if we get the opposite! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also, maybe we'll be the two lucky ones with the

$1000 ShopBop gift cards in our boxes!

Got charged today! OMG this box sounds pretty darn amazing!  After last month I was really upset with them.

Here's to a Tarte Lipstick I have been eyeing and now praying for! 
beer.gif

Apparently I am subscribed to glossybox again? I legitimately do not remember signing back up..sort of like the sephora order that I just got a shipping email for. I need rehab.

Back