Glossybox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My one year sub with GB just ended and I didn't plan on renewing it.  However, if I use the 20% off code for a new one year membership, the cost per box will be $14.67.  I'm on the fence...

My one year sub with GB just ended and I didn't plan on renewing it.  However, if I use the 20% off code for a new one year membership, the cost per box will be $14.67.  I'm on the fence...
I saw that this morning as well! It's definitely an enabler for me to get a pre-paid sub! I don't know if I can do a year-long commitment but I can see myself doing a 3-6 month.

New to MUT. Been stalking your group long enough to have been thrilled to sign up for my first box, only to then become somewhat disillusioned with the whole Bondi "Glossygate" fiasco. Got my box today and I was actually pleased. Looking forward to July's, but a little surprised that the sneak preview item is from last month's UK box. Is that pretty normal for GB? Will they likely copy more items from that box to this one?
Welcome to GB and MUT! As a new GB subscriber, the whole Bondi fiasco has made it hard for new customers to trust the company. I don't mind getting products from the UK version, especially since I sub for this in order to try new products and brands not found widely in the U.S. The thing that annoys the crap out of me, is GB putting products from previous boxes into new boxes. For example, the may box with the modelco dual lipstick and lipgloss. It was in a fall 2012 box, then it was added to the june bridal box. While I like full sized products, it felt like they had so many on their hands and needed to offload it into as many boxes as possible.

Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Welcome to GB and MUT! As a new GB subscriber, the whole Bondi fiasco has made it hard for new customers to trust the company.

I don't mind getting products from the UK version, especially since I sub for this in order to try new products and brands not found widely in the U.S.

The thing that annoys the crap out of me, is GB putting products from previous boxes into new boxes. For example, the may box with the modelco dual lipstick and lipgloss. It was in a fall 2012 box, then it was added to the june bridal box. While I like full sized products, it felt like they had so many on their hands and needed to offload it into as many boxes as possible.
I probably would have bought the bride box if it hadn't included the cheek and lip stain since I got it in March or April's box and I didn't like it at all.

I don't mind getting older products or products from past international GB boxes though.

I wasn't going to continue my sub for July but that 20% off code has piqued my interest!

Does anyone think the item to the far right in the "sneak peek" picture looks like a Bondi polish? I know a lot of stuff has that cylindrical look, but it would be pretty cool if they were included this month.

I wasn't going to continue my sub for July but that 20% off code has piqued my interest! Does anyone think the item to the far right in the "sneak peek" picture looks like a Bondi polish? I know a lot of stuff has that cylindrical look, but it would be pretty cool if they were included this month.
i doubt it. the ceo/founder has been throwing shade at glossybox via twitter, so i don't think we'll be seeing a glossybox x bondi partnership any time soon.

Originally Posted by Kira Sanders /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's the 20% code?
 ​
ENJOY!  
HAPPY FOURTH EVERYONE!!
 ​
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

​
ENJOY!  
HAPPY FOURTH EVERYONE!!
 ​
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Thank you! My first box was the June Box, so I would have thought I would be getting their e-mails, but I didn't get this!

Thank you! My first box was the June Box, so I would have thought I would be getting their e-mails, but I didn't get this!
Are you still subscribed on the monthly plan?

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Are you still subscribed on the monthly plan?

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Yes, but since the account page allows you to switch from monthly to a sub, I was thinking about upgrading to at least 3 months, which would bring the price down from $21 to $16 for the 3 months.

I guess this e-mail only went out to those who cancelled?

Don't forget ebates! It gives you a rebate of $2.75, which brings the cost down to around $15 for three months. 

Yes, but since the account page allows you to switch from monthly to a sub, I was thinking about upgrading to at least 3 months, which would bring the price down from $21 to $16 for the 3 months.

I guess this e-mail only went out to those who cancelled?
Yup!  

I did a 3-month with their last 20% offer and when I didn't renew they sent me the July 4th special.

You can save more money by doing the monthly and then cancelling each month and resubbing when the monthly codes come out, since through eBate you save $2.75 with each order.  But really it's just too much trouble to be doing that for me.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't forget ebates! It gives you a rebate of $2.75, which brings the cost down to around $15 for three months. 
Thanks for the reminder. I actually went through shop at home,which is basically the same thing. They were also giving $3 for a sub.

So, after your 3 months are up, do they just start charging you $21 a month again?

Thanks for the reminder. I actually went through shop at home,which is basically the same thing. They were also giving $3 for a sub.

So, after your 3 months are up, do they just start charging you $21 a month again?
Nope, then you are no longer a subscriber and they will attempt to lore you back with either a bonus or a discount.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Nope, then you are no longer a subscriber and they will attempt to lore you back with either a bonus or a discount.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Oh okay! Nice! Better than the straight up $21 a month I paid for June!

Another question....I still don't have my June box. My tracking says "notice left" as of 4:07pm yesterday. There was no notice and no box left by my door. Glossybox doesn't require signature confirmation, do they? I thought this was weird, because I get my mail around 10:30am, and had already gotten my mail for the day.

I just used the July code, 30 minutes after it is supposed to expire.I am guessing it will expire at midnight Pacific time. I paid just over $15 per for a three month sub. I unsubbed in March and have not regretted it, but for $15/ month, why not?

Thanks so much for all the tips and codes! I didn't realize I was over spending on glossybox each month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Saw it just in time!

Thanks for sharing the promo! Cancelled my monthly & subbed for 3 months + used eBates. I'm a little nervous, last time I did that it was a mess for all 3 months but maybe this time it'll be smoother. By then I should have enough Glossydots for free box #2, then will decide whether to stick around or not. I'm overflowing in amazing shizz to try so a break might be good, but overall I've enjoyed most of my boxes! $21 is a tad steep some months, but I've found amazing things via Glossybox. It's my fav sub!

Back