Glossybox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info!  I will make sure to put a reminder to cancel after they start shipping!

Originally Posted by Babs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When  you reactivate an account, you can opt to pay for the box with points BUTTTTTT you better remember to cancel otherwise they will charge you the following month for another box. at least I think that's what happened to me.

That gloss is cuuuuute!!!  
lovelovee.gif
  Now GB, don't go F'ing up the rest of the box...

When  you reactivate an account, you can opt to pay for the box with points BUTTTTTT you better remember to cancel otherwise they will charge you the following month for another box. at least I think that's what happened to me.
That is what I did. Reactivated my monthly sub and chose the option to pay with dots. Canceled as soon as the box shipped.

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd email them with a screen shot of the cancel confirmation and then call them asking them to reference your latest email and just be gentle but very firm.

They won't let go of their money too easily and I really don't agree with how they handle these matters, especially since they allow themselves the liberty of delivering boxes with such lateness due to sloppy business negotiations practices with their partners.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

thanks, that's what I will be doing during my lunch hour I guess.

Haha so I know I didn't cancel on the first but I cancelled before I got an e-mail that I was charged and took the advise to contact them. I e-mailed them because I like to have information in writing. I received the following e-mail back:

Thanks for writing in! I'm sorry for any confusion! It looks like you cancelled your GLOSSYBOX subscription on 07/08 after being charged for your July GLOSSYBOX. Since you have already paid for this month's box, you will still be receiving it. However, going forward you will not be charged or receive any more shipments. I hope this clarifies.

Best,
Alex From The GLOSSYBOX Team
[email protected]
1.855.6 GLOSSY   So I replied back really nicely that I really do not want a box and I am sure a refund will not be a problem since the boxes do not ship until the last week of the month anyhow. Let's see if I receive an answer back, otherwise I will go ahead and call. I just can't afford to spend money on something I am not that excited about.

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha so I know I didn't cancel on the first but I cancelled before I got an e-mail that I was charged and took the advise to contact them. I e-mailed them because I like to have information in writing. I received the following e-mail back:

Thanks for writing in! I'm sorry for any confusion! It looks like you cancelled your GLOSSYBOX subscription on 07/08 after being charged for your July GLOSSYBOX. Since you have already paid for this month's box, you will still be receiving it. However, going forward you will not be charged or receive any more shipments. I hope this clarifies.

Best,Alex From The GLOSSYBOX Team

[email protected]

1.855.6 GLOSSY   So I replied back really nicely that I really do not want a box and I am sure a refund will not be a problem since the boxes do not ship until the last week of the month anyhow.

Let's see if I receive an answer back, otherwise I will go ahead and call. I just can't afford to spend money on something I am not that excited about.
I'm going to guess that the email will politely refuse you as it did me 2 to 3 times.  Then I called and was even-handed but quite firm that I want them to reverse the charges based on XYZ and that if the CS was not able to help me process this transaction, I'd like to speak to the manager.  

I'm assuming that they probably have a script or business process as in many call centers... I've worked in one many many moons ago...  its typical that the CS are instructed to not process a refund until it's been escalated X number of times and if they personally call.  

Good luck though, I hope that you have better luck then I did :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

New spoiler!
8d4e0c55f90fc2c1a9399ced5804833a_152308.jpg
Will put this up for a trade. Loads of drying ingredients and silicones. Not good for hair. Especially blonde highlights.

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm going to guess that the email will politely refuse you as it did me 2 to 3 times.  Then I called and was even-handed but quite firm that I want them to reverse the charges based on XYZ and that if the CS was not able to help me process this transaction, I'd like to speak to the manager.  

I'm assuming that they probably have a script or business process as in many call centers... I've worked in one many many moons ago...  its typical that the CS are instructed to not process a refund until it's been escalated X number of times and if they personally call.  

Good luck though, I hope that you have better luck then I did :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Yeah they did! It was not quite as polite though. I guess they caught my sarcasm with them not shipping on time anyway. Well they stated on their website it states you have to cancel by the 1st. I was very tempted to tell them that their website also says boxes ship during the third week ... and we all know how that goes.
biggrin.gif

Anyhow. I unfortunately rather spend time on MUT than calling Glossybox so I guess I will be getting this one.

Anyone have experience with the spoiler product they just e-mailed about? On a side note, can someone give me a quick refresehr on how to post spoilers? Thank you guys!

So far neither of the 2 spoilers are interesting me, so I don't think I'll be using my glossydots this month.  Hope all of you like your boxes.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Will put this up for a trade. Loads of drying ingredients and silicones. Not good for hair. Especially blonde highlights.
yeah so I will not be using that either. That's two out of five products.

I have been meaning to switch my membership to a different credit card or cancel altogether but I didn't receive my box until the end of the first week of July. The previous few months have not been too exciting and June was really the determining box for whether I should stay or not. I ended up really liking the June box so was thought, "Okay, I'll just switch cards, no problem." I think within 24 hours of receiving the box, I was already charged for my next box. I canceled and contacted Glossybox via e-mail asking just to verify whether I will receive my box for "July" or not and I would like to resubscribe via a different credit card for the next month. I wanted to make sure I will not receive a duplicate box. Simple question that I'm sure GLOSSYBOX has received countless of times by now. What response do I get from them via e-mail?

"Please contact our office during regular business hours, and we will be able to assist you further."

People are busy during the weekday gosh damn it. I just want a freaking confirmation/reassurance. At the most basic level, CS could have just told me to wait until the first day of the next month to resubscribe. 

Not that excited either about the first two spoilers...I am holding out hope for a makeup item - not just skincare and hair items.

Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

New spoiler!

8d4e0c55f90fc2c1a9399ced5804833a_152308.jpg

Yep that'll go on the trades list. One thing a fine, thin, oily head like mine doesn't.  

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah they did! It was not quite as polite though. I guess they caught my sarcasm with them not shipping on time anyway. Well they stated on their website it states you have to cancel by the 1st. I was very tempted to tell them that their website also says boxes ship during the third week ... and we all know how that goes.
biggrin.gif

Anyhow. I unfortunately rather spend time on MUT than calling Glossybox so I guess I will be getting this one.

Anyone have experience with the spoiler product they just e-mailed about? On a side note, can someone give me a quick refresehr on how to post spoilers? Thank you guys!
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Yeah, the sacarcasm is difficult to contain when you feel like the wool's been pulled over your head... which in fact is the case.

In pure business terms, the very fact that they have not shipped during the third week constittues 'breach of contract' and is solid grounds for you to not honor your end of the bargin if iyou so choose.  They really have nothing on you.  

I mean it's just a $20 box, but it's the double standard that gets me.  I do hold my tone though as I communicate all of this and they are usually just speechless and then "iI'll check with my manager...  okay my manager has okayed a charge reversal"  I just don't think poor business practices should be rewarded.  But ya pick your battles :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

Despite my grumblings I've signed-up for an annual sub, because in the final analysis, it's a good deal for me, I stacked stuff and got each box for $15 with the annual sub.  I've set the expectations with myself that each box will have an arrival period between the last week of said month and the first week of the following month... so that my customer satisfaction is purely based on how happy I am, with what I paid $15 for, which I tell you I am thrilled.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

On posting spoilers, you can just take a screen shot and using the 'insert image' command to post the screen shot.

Back