Glossybox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hell must have started freezing over..either that or Glossy's ears were burning from me complaining, lol.  I just got my refund in my account for the Martha Stewart box.  I also just called the post office, and they said my box is in their system, and I should have it by Saturday.  She didn't understand why it was taking so long to get it to me since it is like within 10 miles of me max (and that's stretching it)...but she did say it can take up to 10 days once they receive it, double checked the dates, and was pretty confident it'll get here on or by Saturday.  Please, please, please box--arrive in tact, and in whole! 

If the universe wants to be nice, my replacements showing up by Saturday would make me feel better too... I need something to make this broken toe from Monday feel better! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
OUCH! So sorry about your toe! I hope all your Glossy goodness arrives in tact and suuuuper fast!
sdrop.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry you're going through all of this! It seems to vary from person to person...my instances for example: When they sent out the AmorePacific compact in the darkest shade to me (2 months ago), I emailed them (since obviously I am the LIGHTEST shade imaginable lol) and they asked me to pick 5 items from past boxes and they'd send one out. It took a few emails before they asked me to do that...I get the feeling they were trying to brush me off, but I held my ground. I never received a reply after I sent the 5 items list, but a week later, I received one in the mail. Now, this month I received the Evologie (which I received back in February's box) and I emailed again to let them know I had received a dupe and immediately they emailed back with the wrong generated email (saying that I'd receive my box soon, be patient, my account listed as shipping soon), I replied (a little tartly perhaps lol) and they answered within 2 minutes and apologized. They then asked for the 5 item list and this time I DID receive a nice reply saying they'd send something out shortly. I haven't received it yet but it's only been a couple of days. I've heard horror stories and I've heard fantastic customer service stories. I think they only thing that can be said that's definitely, without a doubt, unanimous is that.....they are not at all consistent.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I hope you get your replacements and your box soon!
Hell must have started freezing over..either that or Glossy's ears were burning from me complaining, lol.  I just got my refund in my account for the Martha Stewart box.  I also just called the post office, and they said my box is in their system, and I should have it by Saturday.  She didn't understand why it was taking so long to get it to me since it is like within 10 miles of me max (and that's stretching it)...but she did say it can take up to 10 days once they receive it, double checked the dates, and was pretty confident it'll get here on or by Saturday.  Please, please, please box--arrive in tact, and in whole! 

If the universe wants to be nice, my replacements showing up by Saturday would make me feel better too... I need something to make this broken toe from Monday feel better! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sorry to hear about your toe, hope you feel better & your boxes get to you soon.

Does anybody know HOW to get replacements and monthly boxes from them when they screw up??  Am I going to have to threaten to dispute the charges with my bank to get my crap? 
banghead.gif
I'm STILL waiting on my replacements from my June box...JUNE!  Five-ten days my butt, tomorrow is 10 days not including Saturdays.. there is no excuse why I don't have them already, nor why they can't send it with tracking info.  I STILL haven't received my July box.  I'm told to wait til the end of the week before they'll send a replacement for that.... judging on how well they've sent the first replacements, it'll probably be November before I got a replacement box!  Tracking on July's box still hasn't updated beyond the 22/23rd... and just today it went from new delivery date of 8/2-8/3, to 8/3-8/4!  This is farking ridiculous!  And I can't even cancel, because then I really wont get my replacements, and I am now too late to not be charged for August's box.  And I'm still waiting on a refund on the Martha Stewart box they said I'd get in 3-5 days (but Monday is technically the 5th day for that).  I remember a couple of you ladies getting a new box sent via FedEx, etc... How did you go about getting that?  Does anybody have tips for me that might actually get me somewhere?  Or am I basically s**t out of luck on getting what I paid for?  Is anybody from Southern Cali still waiting on their July box too? 
Wow. I'm in norCal and got my July box last week just right on a schedule.

Just jumping in the middle of the conversation here... I was originally going to skip July because I wasn't that impressed with my Dallas Shaw box. They tempted me in with the 15% off for life and even though it was a whopping $3 savings I just had to do it. I got my box yesterday and I was So. Freaking. Happy. For me, this was the best box they've ever done. My only issue was that the BB cream was in light/medium and I would have done better with the medium/dark. The light/medium is wearable, and I will probably use it in the winter. I emailed them anyway and they offered me the Evologie which I kindly accepted. I really wanted to give up a few boxes, but I think I might have to stick with Glossy for a little while longer! My wallet hates me right now!

Do you think if I cancel my gb and the re sign up with 15% off life code I will get the august box and not another july box?

::gasp!:: you have a broken toe too?! It must be broken toe season lol I took a master ballet class last night and ANOTHER lady taking the class had a broken toe like me. WHAT is the DEAL little toesies?!
blink.gif

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you think if I cancel my gb and the re sign up with 15% off life code I will get the august box and not another july box?
I dont' think so, I used it and they shipped me a july box 2 days later lol.

Originally Posted by naturalactions /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh! When will I learn to wait for spoilers for these one off boxes?! Totally regretting the MSB purchase now...
I bought the MSB before I saw what the contents were also. I was surprised to see drugstore products in it. I just called and asked for a refund and they gladly refunded my money...phew! So glad I checked here...I was really looking forward to that box also :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry you're going through all of this! It seems to vary from person to person...my instances for example: When they sent out the AmorePacific compact in the darkest shade to me (2 months ago), I emailed them (since obviously I am the LIGHTEST shade imaginable lol) and they asked me to pick 5 items from past boxes and they'd send one out. It took a few emails before they asked me to do that...I get the feeling they were trying to brush me off, but I held my ground. I never received a reply after I sent the 5 items list, but a week later, I received one in the mail. n!
They are so random. I complained about the same thing and was immediately offered a substitute product, no questions asked.

I emailed them as well about the evologie and they asked me for a list of 5 products just like everyone else. But none of the 5 products I asked for were in stock so they refunded my account $5 and gave me a 20% off coupon code.

Originally Posted by moonbunny7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed them as well about the evologie and they asked me for a list of 5 products just like everyone else. But none of the 5 products I asked for were in stock so they refunded my account $5 and gave me a 20% off coupon code.
Were you happy with that decision?  At least they credited cash back to your account and gave you a discount code for a future box.  I would be miffed if they only gave me glossydots.  

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dont' think so, I used it and they shipped me a july box 2 days later lol.

Eep.  Yeah, I'd wait until they start advertising the August GB on their website.  Right now when you go to their website and click "the box" you get an order page for July.

Would anyone like to trade their BB cream? I have the light to medium (of course they always insist on giving me the lightest shade...) but I need a medium to dark.

Originally Posted by greenflipflops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Would anyone like to trade their BB cream? I have the light to medium (of course they always insist on giving me the lightest shade...) but I need a medium to dark.
I just received a reply from glossybox and they said that the only had light to medium this box. They didn't have medium to dark available.

Originally Posted by greenflipflops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh ok, thank you. In that case, if anyone wants an extra, just let me know! I don't plan on using it at all.
If you contact them they may offer you evologie.

Originally Posted by Boulderbon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought the MSB before I saw what the contents were also. I was surprised to see drugstore products in it. I just called and asked for a refund and they gladly refunded my money...phew! So glad I checked here...I was really looking forward to that box also :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Maybe they've had a lot of complaints about the drugstore products?  I emailed them last week about a refund, because I'm allergic to Olay facial products, and the hair stuff is crap for your hair.. and that I didn't think I'd have to worry about getting products like that, because they are known for sending luxury brands.  I told them it didn't seem right to announce the products after the fact, and they weren't even to the standards of the past special one-off boxes they've done. They should have at least let people know it'd be drugstore products/Olay products if they didn't want to say the exact product names. At least people would know what to expect more.  I know it was a cheaper box, but still, they could do a lot better options than Olay!  I learned my lesson though.  Never buy a special box again unless the products are listed when buying, lol.

Awesome!  Thanks for sharing this, I don't know why it didn't occur to me to ask for a refund.  I was so excited for the MS box, but can't use Olay at all either and was so disappointed that the box contains two Olay products.  I'll be asking for a refund now, also!!

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just resubbed today and it said I would be getting the August box.

Quote: Originally Posted by Boulderbon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe they've had a lot of complaints about the drugstore products?  I emailed them last week about a refund, because I'm allergic to Olay facial products, and the hair stuff is crap for your hair.. and that I didn't think I'd have to worry about getting products like that, because they are known for sending luxury brands.  I told them it didn't seem right to announce the products after the fact, and they weren't even to the standards of the past special one-off boxes they've done. They should have at least let people know it'd be drugstore products/Olay products if they didn't want to say the exact product names. At least people would know what to expect more.  I know it was a cheaper box, but still, they could do a lot better options than Olay!  I learned my lesson though.  Never buy a special box again unless the products are listed when buying, lol.

I think they may be trying to do the same thing they do in Germany with the US glossybox. In Germany there is a young beauty box from glossybox that cost  10euros and its drugstore items.

Back