Glossybox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Were you happy with that decision?  At least they credited cash back to your account and gave you a discount code for a future box.  I would be miffed if they only gave me glossydots.  
Yes I am because I don't do the month by month I do the 3 month subscriptions and my subscription ended this month. But also I had a discount code for when I subscribed which made it $16 a box but with the extra $5 off it made it a little over $14 a box

Originally Posted by icedone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am really happy with my box! The only thing I don't like is the nail polish - I do French gels for work so polish is pretty useless to me. Hopefully I can trade it away. I LOVE the lip balm! It is amazing. I am worried because mine is only half full, but there seems to be others with the same problem. Has anyone actually gotten a lip balm that seems full?
My balm seemed to have a lot of air in it also. It is not a color I would think of buying but I applied it to my toe nails and actually quite like it!!

My balm seemed to have a lot of air in it also. It is not a color I would think of buying but I applied it to my toe nails and actually quite like it!!
for a second, i thought you had applied the lip balm to your toes.

Got my Swedish box now! It contained

Goldwell color rich 60 sec treatment, some sort of hair mask. Two biggest ingredients is water and alcohol. Smells nice havent tried yet. 50ml (original is 200ml)

Youngblood mineral cosmetics Mineral Primer, 5ml sample size. Havent tried. Really expenisve product. 

Beautybird Fly high active foot gel. Smells like toothpaste cause of the cooling menthol. Full size 75ml

Nails inc polish in colour Brook. They call it a coral but to me it looks more on the pink side to be a coral. 4ml. Like this one. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. 

Anatomicals You need a blooming shower gel. Nice rosey/jasminey smell. I like this alot. But my beauty product budget is very small for shower gels since i use soap and spend the big bucks on hair treatments since my hair needs treatment more than my body skin. So its nice with something i wouldn't buy for myself. 

I just got my pick 5 item- the basq calming body oil in lavender pear. I wanted one so badly when it was sent out but I think I got the Carol's Daughter shea souffle instead, so I was happy with that. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my pick 5 item- the basq calming body oil in lavender pear. I wanted one so badly when it was sent out but I think I got the Carol's Daughter shea souffle instead, so I was happy with that. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Nice!  How long did it take from putting your request in for an item to it arriving?  Just curious.  I have no idea when my item will show up, but I kind of like the surprise factor of it all. 

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice!  How long did it take from putting your request in for an item to it arriving?  Just curious.  I have no idea when my item will show up, but I kind of like the surprise factor of it all. 
 my replacement arrived today too. I sent them my list on the 26th... I got a boho wave.. which I use, so it's nice to have a travel size. However something is really irritating me about this process.  They sent me this email:

JUL 26, 2013  |  03:45PM EDT

Jessie replied:

Dear Veronica, 

Please email me a list of five products from our previous or current box that you would like to try and I will ship out the one we have in stock, along with some extra samples to make up for this situation.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for being such a loyal member of the GLOSSYBOX family.

Hope to hear from you soon !

Kind Regards,
Jessie, From The GLOSSYBOX Team

When I opened my little pink envelope today there was only the Alterna product. Had they never mentioned sending other extras I would have been completely happy with the service. My major issue with them is this -why bother saying something you aren't going to do?
blabla.gif
<- my new attitude concerning GB promises! It will be interesting to see what everyone else gets.

Originally Posted by saidfreeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my replacement arrived today too. I sent them my list on the 26th... I got a boho wave.. which I use, so it's nice to have a travel size. However something is really irritating me about this process.  They sent me this email:

When I opened my little pink envelope today there was only the Alterna product. Had they never mentioned sending other extras I would have been completely happy with the service. My major issue with them is this -why bother saying something you aren't going to do?
blabla.gif
<- my new attitude concerning GB promises! It will be interesting to see what everyone else gets.

Bummer.  But what can you do?  Not a huge deal, but still slightly disappointing.  

My email only indicated that they'd send one product, but I got responses from two different CS reps.  So who knows what will show up.  

Quote: Originally Posted by saidfreeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif

blabla.gif

Bummer.  But what can you do?  Not a huge deal, but still slightly disappointing.  

My email only indicated that they'd send one product, but I got responses from two different CS reps.  So who knows what will show up.  

It doesn't hurt to email them back and ask for Glossydots!  Or an extra in your next GB.  That is, unless you're sick of emailing CS.

Bummer.  But what can you do?  Not a huge deal, but still slightly disappointing.   My email only indicated that they'd send one product, but I got responses from two different CS reps.  So who knows what will show up.  
It doesn't hurt to email them back and ask for Glossydots!  Or an extra in your next GB.  That is, unless you're sick of emailing CS.
I'm thinking I am not going to bother.. As it isn't a huge deal. I just want to like gb and their lack of attention to detail isn't helping, ya know?

I received my pick five item as well! lol they sent me the cheapest thing on the list, which was the Wash With Joe body wash, which I figured they'd do, but that's fine with me! It smells scrumptious! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My pick 5 didn't arrive today only thing in the mail was NetFlix. No biggie.  Maybe tomorrow?

It was the 26th. It was totally a surprise since I had no idea what or when it was going to head my way!

My list:

1. Burberry Lip Mist Natural Sheer Lipstick2. Basq Calming Body Oil <- what I gottttt!!!!!3. Tarte Glamazon Lipstick4. SheaTerra Whipped Butter Body Creme5. Carol's Daughter Shea Souffle

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was the 26th. It was totally a surprise since I had no idea what or when it was going to head my way!

My list:

1. Burberry Lip Mist Natural Sheer Lipstick2. Basq Calming Body Oil <- what I gottttt!!!!!3. Tarte Glamazon Lipstick4. SheaTerra Whipped Butter Body Creme5. Carol's Daughter Shea Souffle
Nice!  I put my request in on August 1st so I suspect it'll be a few days yet before my mystery item shows up.  

I don't know what's going on with my box. It was stuck in NJ for almost a week. Finally made it to my local post office and was out for delivery on 8/1...it never showed up and on monday it showed it in VA and now it's back in NJ. So frustrated.

Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know what's going on with my box. It was stuck in NJ for almost a week. Finally made it to my local post office and was out for delivery on 8/1...it never showed up and on monday it showed it in VA and now it's back in NJ. So frustrated.
Just a shot in the dark here, but have you moved recently and did you pay for this box with Paypal? I had this problem with another sub when I paid with Paypal but forgot to update my shipping address in my Paypal profile. They tried to send it to my old address, (not what I entered on their webpage) and the post office had it for over a week before they sent it back to the shipper. Then I had to wait for it to be resent to the correct address. 

For those of you that are curious these are the past few German glossyboxes I have gotten: May
June:
July:
Sorry I was not able to put them in a spoiler.

For those of you that are curious these are the past few German glossyboxes I have gotten: May
June:
July:
Jealous! The German boxes are some of the best I've seen. The U.S. GB does not measure up.

Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you that are curious these are the past few German glossyboxes I have gotten:

May

June:

July:

Jealous! The German boxes are some of the best I've seen. The U.S. GB does not measure up.

That's why I am canceling the US one and keeping the German one. Also they haven't been late on the shipping and the surveys are already up when you get your box.

That's why I am canceling the US one and keeping the German one. Also they haven't been late on the shipping and the surveys are already up when you get your box.
How do you get both?

Back