Glossybox - June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really happy with my box - got the nail polish in Hijinxs which is actually the one i wanted.

the Tarte in Light-Medium and the Philip B Light Weight Deep Conditioning Rinse! which is also what i wanted as well. GG Glossybox - cept my box came on July 5th. 

Finally got my boxes today first time ever getting a subscription from them. Both boxes were the same,  and got the Solitude (purple) so if anyon is interested let me know bc I am not into purples. Also the lip and cheek tint was not in there. This was definitely not a good first impression. Shipping was late then both boxes were the same UGGGHH!

Originally Posted by LadyK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went ahead and painted my thumbnail with the Spa Rituals polish that came in my box yesterday.  I was already wearing the Bondi "Central Park Blossom"  on my nails.  The Spa Ritual polish has already chipped but the Bondi polish underneath is fine.  I still want to give the Spa Ritual polish another chance on clean nails, but I'm a bit skeptical of its staying power. 

Overall it was a good box this month but I'm happy with my decision to cancel and sign up for Ipsy.  Now I can get Ipsy and my Birchbox for the same price of the Glossybox.  I am tired of wondering when my box will come and if I'll miss out on the hugely advertised product. 

I hope I can still come on here and stalk your boxes. 
smiletongue.gif
How did you get central park blossom not to look streaky. Mine is horribly streaky and I painted my nails 3 times in order to get rid of it.

Just a head's up. As others have mentioned, almost all the Sparitual nail colors are currently on sale at TJ Maxx for $3.99. 

Hey! i am so mad right now i just received another box, identical!! for the month of june, i did pay for the bride special edition $ 40 but i am in shock becuase it shows INACTIVE when i checked in my glossybox account, i noticed that my didn't take the monthly payment of 21$ from my bank account yet, what is going on?, i sent them an email i need an answer for this huge mistake!!, i hope they can fix it for me

i noticed that the bride special edition it says INACTIVE, why? i already pay for it, and also they haven't collect the money for july month.. strange.

I'm in the wagon of my box will likely arrive around the same time as the July box. The estimate is a joke--it finally showed up tracking today. Add a majorly delayed gift box as part of a friend's birthday present last month which is almost embarrassing, and I can say despite sticking up for glossybox, I'm a little annoyed. I can understand delays, but why are so many boxes arriving significantly later than others or with mysterious duplicates? Consistency is not present, and as someone with them from the beginning, I'm tired of feeling passed over.

Originally Posted by aleangelino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey! i am so mad right now i just received another box, identical!! for the month of june, i did pay for the bride special edition $ 40 but i am in shock becuase it shows INACTIVE when i checked in my glossybox account, i noticed that my didn't take the monthly payment of 21$ from my bank account yet, what is going on?, i sent them an email i need an answer for this huge mistake!!, i hope they can fix it for me
both of my boxes for june was identical also

Well, now that I have had time to calm down, I thought I would share the response I got to my pretty irate email I sent when we were well into July and my June boxes weren't even displaying as packed:

"My name is Tony Qamar and I am the COO of Glossybox.

I want to personally apologize for the delay of your box - it was down to an error in our shipping process that skipped over  a number of orders. I was actually processing your order this morning (along with some others) but pulled yours off the lot as soon as I saw your email.    Instead, I am FedEx-ing you both boxes and you should have them tomorrow.   You can track both boxes here via the FedEx website: [redacted for my privacy]   I also want to clarify some of the things that have gone on in the last couple weeks. When Blondi [sic] pulled out of our box, we had to scramble to get you a great box for June - that lead to some errors. But I want to let you know that no Wedding or July Boxes were even created (and of course not shipped!) until we were done with the June run.    Again, please accept our apologies for this blunder - its no excuse, but I prefer to be transparent and honest with what has been going on to try and at least let you know why things happened as they did.   I do hope you change your mind and resubscribe for Glossybox as we would love the opportunity to make it right for you. When you do, please use this code to receive 20% off whatever subscription you choose to purchase. [redacted in case it only works once, sorry pals]
All the best and please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any concerns in the future.   Thanks,   Tony"   True to his word, my two boxes showed up via fedex the very next day. I also appreciate the effort to be forthcoming and tell me that there was just a huge mistake with the shipping, but I would have really appreciated the heads up prior to my email reaching out to them. It's hard to stay ahead of problems, believe me, I know, but this month was very disappointing to a lot of us and I really hope their customer service improves. I also think it's kind of a bummer that I am sharing this with you guys instead of everyone getting her own email when the boxes were late. Hope this is informative for some still waiting on boxes.

xoxo
M

Hi Everyone,

I received my first ever Glossybox box (June) yesterday and I'm so disappointed! First of all, the reason I subscribed was because of Dallas Shaw. I just adore her illustrations, so of course wanted the box and the print. I was also excited about Tarte lipstick, nail polish and hair product. I made sure that my beauty profile was filled out before they shipped my first box, so I would get products that I could use. When I received the box, the print was not there (instead there was a black and white horrible quality cheap print out on a regular piece of paper - looks like they photocopied the color version and threw the photocopy in my box), the lipstick was for medium to tan skin (I'm super pale) and the hair product was gel (I have fine/oily hair - gel does not go well with it). The nail polish was meh (Adore shimmer, which is a pale pale beige). Basically, this box was customized for someone with a completely different beauty profile. The best part about the box is the actual box! I know that with this type of purchase, it's always a hit or miss, but isn't there a point to filling out a profile? And even their magazine says that each box comes with Dallas Shaw color print and not a cheap photocopy. I'm so disappointed! I cancelled my subscription, but I don't know if it's worth e-mailing them about this. I still want my print and want to know why they sent me lipstick and hair product that absolutely don't suit me. Oh, and the perfume leaked, so the box stinks. Any thoughts? Should I bother e-mailing them?

Hi Everyone, I received my first ever Glossybox box (June) yesterday and I'm so disappointed! First of all, the reason I subscribed was because of Dallas Shaw. I just adore her illustrations, so of course wanted the box and the print. I was also excited about Tarte lipstick, nail polish and hair product. I made sure that my beauty profile was filled out before they shipped my first box, so I would get products that I could use. When I received the box, the print was not there (instead there was a black and white horrible quality cheap print out on a regular piece of paper - looks like they photocopied the color version and threw the photocopy in my box), the lipstick was for medium to tan skin (I'm super pale) and the hair product was gel (I have fine/oily hair - gel does not go well with it). The nail polish was meh (Adore shimmer, which is a pale pale beige). Basically, this box was customized for someone with a completely different beauty profile. The best part about the box is the actual box! I know that with this type of purchase, it's always a hit or miss, but isn't there a point to filling out a profile? And even their magazine says that each box comes with Dallas Shaw color print and not a cheap photocopy. I'm so disappointed! I cancelled my subscription, but I don't know if it's worth e-mailing them about this. I still want my print and want to know why they sent me lipstick and hair product that absolutely don't suit me. Oh, and the perfume leaked, so the box stinks. Any thoughts? Should I bother e-mailing them?
Absolutely. How dumb of them that they threw in a photocopy of the card especially when they and Dallas Shaw made such a big deal over it. Sorry you have to deal with this. Hopefully, they can correct this for you.

Originally Posted by likeafether /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Everyone,

I received my first ever Glossybox box (June) yesterday and I'm so disappointed! First of all, the reason I subscribed was because of Dallas Shaw. I just adore her illustrations, so of course wanted the box and the print. I was also excited about Tarte lipstick, nail polish and hair product. I made sure that my beauty profile was filled out before they shipped my first box, so I would get products that I could use. When I received the box, the print was not there (instead there was a black and white horrible quality cheap print out on a regular piece of paper - looks like they photocopied the color version and threw the photocopy in my box), the lipstick was for medium to tan skin (I'm super pale) and the hair product was gel (I have fine/oily hair - gel does not go well with it). The nail polish was meh (Adore shimmer, which is a pale pale beige). Basically, this box was customized for someone with a completely different beauty profile. The best part about the box is the actual box! I know that with this type of purchase, it's always a hit or miss, but isn't there a point to filling out a profile? And even their magazine says that each box comes with Dallas Shaw color print and not a cheap photocopy. I'm so disappointed! I cancelled my subscription, but I don't know if it's worth e-mailing them about this. I still want my print and want to know why they sent me lipstick and hair product that absolutely don't suit me. Oh, and the perfume leaked, so the box stinks. Any thoughts? Should I bother e-mailing them?
I would email them I sure did my box was super late, I got two boxes that were totally the same no variation, the dark purple nail polish was totally not my color and my perfume leaked also. Sounds like our boxes was so off base this month! But yeah you need totally email them.

I haven't seen any reviews on the hair products so far (or I may have been reading too fast) but the clarifying minty shampoo variation is actually really really nice! I was hoping for no hair gel (check) and wanted a conditioner (uncheck) but ended up with the shampoo. I tried it out this morning and it was so refreshing. It was the minty-est smell and feeling tingle ever and much needed on summer mornings to wake up to in the shower. I even looked up the prices to see if I want to invest in a bottle and realize that the size we got were travel size and retails for $8 for the 2 oz bottle. Pleasantly surprised.

I got the light colored Tart and it was too bubble gum pink BUT if I apply at an angle with more beige and less pink core, it is actually fine. It's nothing that can't be fixed with blending.

The perfumes I actually really liked and half of them spilled into a casserole of scents. The bag it came in is super cute but I really just want the whole set of Oscar scents to see which one I would blow $150 on. I wonder if I can pop into a department store for sample vials - I just feel so greedy if I have to ask a Nordstrom SA to make me 6 samples.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's nice of the coo to reach out to you like that!
Too funny! I got an email notification with this post, so when I first saw it, it was out of context. I ran over here expecting to see a picture of someone petting a hairy coo in Scoltand, lol! Now, I see what she meant by coo. Glad for the email about the late box, but kind of missing the hairy coo pic. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So, I finally got my box.

Meh.

I did get the nail polish in Home Body..

.. which was honestly what I was hoping for after seeing all of the colors.

I got the Tarte lipstick in Medium/Tan which is not even almost flattering to my pale, pale skin. I really hate that, too, as I was pretty excited about it in Fair. 
frown.gif

The perfumes are not anything I would ever wear. I got the conditioner which I'll likely use as shaving lotion, haha. Love the oil spray, however!

---

I think it's really awesome that GB is reaching to some and offering reparations. I think it kind of stinks that they are only willing to do that if you complain loudly enough. It really would've spoken volumes if they would've tried to make it good on a larger level. But.. c'est la vie! Unless next month just blows me away, I'll be cancelling.

I got the first of my two boxes in the mail today, and in an interesting turn of events, I am actually thrilled with everything I got! I'm not a huge polish fan, but I received the Sparitual in Solitude, which is maybe the most gorgeous shade of purple I've ever seen...While not exactly a summer shade, I will definitely be rocking it in the fall! I'm sort of indifferent about the perfume sprays...another poster nailed it when she described them as "powdery"... The oil smells pretty good, and I'll be interested to give it a try, as well as the conditioning rinse from Philip B...I got the Tarte in Medium to Tan, and even though I'm pretty fair, I think I'll be able to make it work.. Kind of upset that I opted for a second box, because I'm totally happy with this one... SO not expecting that!

I just got back from vacay and opened my GB. I LOOOOOVE it this month. The Tarte is a very natural color on me. I got the Philip B hair mask which is awesome since I have dry hair and always need hair masks. My nail polish is the darker burgandy/purplish shade which I think is pretty. I also got the dry hair oil mist which smells AMAZING! It will be good for my dry hair as well. I like all of the ODL scents which is pretty rare for me because I tend to stick to one or two scents always. All the samples were huge, it was packaged nicely, and I consider it a home run for me. MUCH better than last month and probably in my top 3 favorite GB's ever. I'll actually use everything.

Finally got my box today.  I got the glossybox mag, but I didn't get the product information card or any print at all.  Personally I couldn't care less if I get the print, but I may email them and ask for some extra glossy dots instead.  They promised me 300 which haven't shown up yet.  If I can get them to give me say 350 glossydots instead plus the surveys for this box, I will have the 1000 I need for a free box.

Anyways, on to the box.  I got the Spa Ritual in Kiss the Cook.  I think I'll really like that one.  I also got the deep conditioning creme rinse which I'm sure I'll use.  All my perfumes are intact, with legible names and everything.  Haven't smelled them yet, but I'll get around to it.  I also got the Tarte in Medium-to-Tan.  I am also quite pale, so if anyone wants to trade for the light one, let me know.

All in all, its a good box, I'm just still really mad about how long it took and all the drama.  On to other boxes at this point, I'm getting Lip Factory's anniversary box this month which I'm excited about plus I signed up for Ipsy, which looks really good this month as well.  I should be getting the benetint since I resubbed.

@likeafether honestly not sure if you should waste your time emailing them, I've sent several emails over the past few months and NEVER got a response. I wasn't being a "witchy customer" or anything either, mainly I was just trying to follow up on their promise to send me a replacement for an empty product from November. As you can guess, they never sent it.

Latest posts

Back