Glossybox - June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New York, NY Here...Box Just received! Can't believe I got it so late.  But I def canceled.  I will watch out for their future boxes. I prefer the collab boxes more than their monthly box.  I did however really like this box..Can't wait to play with all the Oscar scents and my tarte I got from medium to tan. Should look great on me I love tarte.

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

New York, NY Here...Box Just received! Can't believe I got it so late.  But I def canceled.  I will watch out for their future boxes. I prefer the collab boxes more than their monthly box.  I did however really like this box..Can't wait to play with all the Oscar scents and my tarte I got from medium to tan. Should look great on me I love tarte.
Yeah, I just got my box too.  I cancelled as well, but I'm tempted to get that bridal box since I'm getting married soon.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I just got my box too.  I cancelled as well, but I'm tempted to get that bridal box since I'm getting married soon.
Best wishes!

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congratulations! If I were getting married, I might get the bridal box too. But I'm fussy, so there are 2 big reasons why I won't sign up for it. #1 is the fact that they replaced the promo that included the lipstick/gloss combo with a different product. And the lipstick/gloss combo was my favorite thing about the wedding box. I'm guessing they ran out. #2 is the fact that if I had signed up earlier, I would have gotten an extra June box. I know. That was a mistake. But in the back of my mind it would bother me knowing others got that bonus box when I did not, lol!

Enjoy the wedding. It goes by fast. My advice: make sure anyone who helps you with your gown knows how to fix your bustle. I had a cathedral length train and they bustled it up wrong. As a result, it did not look as pretty as it should have in the back, plus the length was all wrong. I kept stepping on my dress all night long. Both my mom and my husband tried to convince me it was no big deal and that I would get over it. Just knowing me from being on here, do you think I ever got over it? 
laughno.gif
 Still, no matter what happens, enjoy the day. Don't let anything ruin the celebration!

The Sebastian survey for 40 glossydots today gave me the 30 I needed for my 1000 dots to get a box free.  I know you have to have an active subscription to redeem with dots but if you reactivate doesn't it charge your CC immediately?  I just want to cash in my 1000 dots and be done with them.  Any help or advice offered is appreciated!  TIA!

I have to say I've been thinking about this for a long. When I first subscribed to glossybox (in the very beginning) I thought the point system would be like birchbox and you could buy things with your points. It's a bit of a bummer...what if I don't want another box...what if I just want to run from them as far and fast as I can lol (sn: I'm locked into a one year subscription :/)  

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Sebastian survey for 40 glossydots today gave me the 30 I needed for my 1000 dots to get a box free.  I know you have to have an active subscription to redeem with dots but if you reactivate doesn't it charge your CC immediately?  I just want to cash in my 1000 dots and be done with them.  Any help or advice offered is appreciated!  TIA!
You can't order a new sub with dots but you can reactivate one of your old ones. I think it's under recurring profiles and it's one of the payment options.

I ended up getting a response to my lengthy customer service email about 24 hours after sending it. The bulk of the response was this: "Hi, I want to apologize for the delay of the JUNE boxes. I know you are waiting patiently for your purchase, and truly apologize for the inconvenience. I want to assure you that we are implementing new policies and procedures to prevent these type of delays from happening in the future." I was given my tracking number again and a dot compensation on the spot. I feel reasonably satisfied with this. It might be worth your time to express your thoughts to them as well. Allegedly my box is out for delivery after a long bout of inactivity, but I only know this from cross referencing the tracking on the USPS site, so maybe your box is very close to being delivered as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ended up getting a response to my lengthy customer service email about 24 hours after sending it. The bulk of the response was this:

"Hi,

I want to apologize for the delay of the JUNE boxes. I know you are waiting patiently for your purchase, and truly apologize for the inconvenience. I want to assure you that we are implementing new policies and procedures to prevent these type of delays from happening in the future."

I was given my tracking number again and a dot compensation on the spot. I feel reasonably satisfied with this. It might be worth your time to express your thoughts to them as well.

Allegedly my box is out for delivery after a long bout of inactivity, but I only know this from cross referencing the tracking on the USPS site, so maybe your box is very close to being delivered as well.
smile.gif
That's the same canned response I got after I called them on the carpet for telling me all June boxes would be shipped out before the end of June, but I still hadn't received a tracking number until July.

Put the tarte on today. Really really loved it. Oscar scents smell fantastic. I am pleased despite the the delay and I payed with a discount. Very worth it.

That's the same canned response I got after I called them on the carpet for telling me all June boxes would be shipped out before the end of June, but I still hadn't received a tracking number until July.
Seeing as I primarily wanted to be heard, I'd have been more agitated with the canned response if I hadn't also gotten a lot of points. I wish there were a canned set of compensations to hand out too as it sounds like that part has been a mixed bag.

Put the tarte on today. Really really loved it. Oscar scents smell fantastic. I am pleased despite the the delay and I payed with a discount. Very worth it.
If love to see how the Tarte shade looks on you. I'm anxious to get mine. I'm super anxious to smell all the perfumes as well, so I'm glad to hear they are promising!

Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If love to see how the Tarte shade looks on you. I'm anxious to get mine. I'm super anxious to smell all the perfumes as well, so I'm glad to hear they are promising!
Okay, Ill post a photo later tonight.

Woohoo! Received my box today and I love, love, love it!! The perfumes are fun to play with and I have found two scents that I like. I received the lightweight conditioner and it seems like a great product. I condition my hair regularly and I look forward to using this one soon. The dry oil is awesome! I applied it to my arms and it felt so nice and silky and I really like the light scent. I received the darker shade of the tarte lip product and it is a little dark for me but still flattering and seems moisturizing. The lighter shade probably would have suited me better but I am warming up to this shade. I received a dark red polish, I don't have anything like this color and I think it will be a great shade for my toes. I have one sparitual polish and I like it. This box took a long time to get to me but I will happily use it all. A really great box IMHO. 

Just got my box today!!!

When my son texted me to let me know I got a brown & pink box in the mail, I wanted to leave work right away! But since I need my paycheck to pay for all of these subscriptions...I waited until 5, lol.

I was worried about the three items that varied and which ones I would get but was very excited to find out I got variation for each that I liked and can use. I received the light version of the tarte, the Philip B Deep Conditioning Cream & Sparitual in Solitude (a med to drk Purple).

This box was well worth the wait!!

This is truly a nightmare box for me this month. I /finally/ get one of the two boxes I ordered (the other is still a couple of states away), the card is missing, and the polish is missing. Le sigh.

Latest posts

Back