GLOSSYBOX June 2014 - *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I had a $10 card and it essentially allowed me to have free shipping. Site is 50% off though. But pretty limited.  

Everything is 75% off now at CWonder. I had a $5, $10 & $25 giftcards. Man I wish they stacked!

I paid only shipping for two transactions.  I got two initial mugs, one for me and one for my sister, a purse/tote and a set of votives for $19 (cost to ship two orders).  I have my $5 card leftover but it's kinda not worth it with shipping for such a small discount.

Oh wow! Yes, the site should be closing any day. Use those cards ladies!  If not, feel free to mail to me (ha ha) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I want to check out the store here in NYC. Apparently the downtown one will be the last remaining one open.  Not sure how long. Most have closed already. Bummer on the $10 minimum shipping though. 

Do you want my $5 card? I can mail it to Ya!

My items arrived today, the tote is HUGE! It was $88 originally! Only cost my shipping!

My items arrived today, the tote is HUGE! It was $88 originally! Only cost my shipping!
would love any - thanks. I could go into the store (if i could catch the last one before it closes). i will PM you my address. thanks!

wow, you got a nice total!  that's great. you had enough to cover it.  Congrats!  I thought the site would have shut down before the discount went further than 50%. that's what the rumors were at the time. 

I went to the Columbus Circle NYC location, they seemed cleared out of the nicer accessories and no one wanted the safari inspired clothes.  I got a candle, 2 small decorative plates, a monogramed wine cork and an astrology necklace for $4 and my $25 card.  Not a bad haul, thank you GB!

wow, you got a nice total!  that's great. you had enough to cover it.  Congrats!  I thought the site would have shut down before the discount went further than 50%. that's what the rumors were at the time. 
Yep I had two cards, $10 and $25 

These were my orders, I paid 2 rounds of shipping but hey $19 for a huge tote, 2 mugs and a nice gift-able set of votives was worth it. They shipped fedex ground works out to less than $5 per item if I attribute the cost of shipping to each item.  

Initial Mug SIZE: NSCOLOR: MULTI

LETTER: A

In Stock 1 $12.00 $3.00 Garden Scented Votive Candle Set SIZE: S/3COLOR: BLUE/PINK

In Stock 1 $28.00 $7.00
transactional_line.gif
ITEM INFO DESCRIPTION STATUS QUANTITY PRICE SUBTOTAL Nylon Easy Tote SIZE: OSCOLOR: NAVY/BLACK

In Stock 1 $88.00 $22.00 Initial Mug SIZE: NSCOLOR: MULTI

LETTER: T

In Stock 1 $12.00 $3.00

Putting my $5 giftcard in the mail to you today!

I had a $10 giftcard but threw it out when I saw the outrageous shipping prices on their site (Amazon Prime has SO spoiled me).  Actually, most of their stuff (used to) cost more than I was willing to pay, anyway.  Apparently there is/was a C. Wonder in Atlanta, but I didn't care enough to hunt it down.

Went looking today and of course they had no more shirts in my size.  Oh well, no big loss.

Yep I had two cards, $10 and $25 

These were my orders, I paid 2 rounds of shipping but hey $19 for a huge tote, 2 mugs and a nice gift-able set of votives was worth it. They shipped fedex ground works out to less than $5 per item if I attribute the cost of shipping to each item.  

Initial Mug SIZE: NSCOLOR: MULTI

LETTER: A

In Stock 1 $12.00 $3.00 Garden Scented Votive Candle Set SIZE: S/3COLOR: BLUE/PINK

In Stock 1 $28.00 $7.00
transactional_line.gif
ITEM INFO DESCRIPTION STATUS QUANTITY PRICE SUBTOTAL Nylon Easy Tote SIZE: OSCOLOR: NAVY/BLACK

In Stock 1 $88.00 $22.00 Initial Mug SIZE: NSCOLOR: MULTI

LETTER: T

In Stock 1 $12.00 $3.00

Putting my $5 giftcard in the mail to you today!
Thank you!!!  I will go and see if the last store is still open this weekend. Think it will be closing very soon. Any leftover gift card donations appreciated since they closed the stores (unless you see something online) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I went to the Columbus Circle NYC location, they seemed cleared out of the nicer accessories and no one wanted the safari inspired clothes.  I got a candle, 2 small decorative plates, a monogramed wine cork and an astrology necklace for $4 and my $25 card.  Not a bad haul, thank you GB!
Oh, I was told by the Soho store that one closed.  Sneaky.  Guess not yet. Soho said they were going to be the last.  Hmmm

and jealous that you got a $25 one. I got a $10 one and used it online (paid $10 shipping so it evened out) on a coat that doesnt fit :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I can't return.  If anyone wanted a size large C Wonder Wax Belted Jacket at Half off, I could send at no shipping cost. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The clothes are all so hideous!  I saw them all in person and they're all safari inspired and look like they're better suited for 80 year old women!  

I took my mother with me and she didn't want any of the clothes either, we spent the money on some overpriced knick knacks.  

and jealous that you got a $25 one. I got a $10 one and used it online (paid $10 shipping so it evened out) on a coat that doesnt fit :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I can't return.  If anyone wanted a size large C Wonder Wax Belted Jacket at Half off, I could send at no shipping cost. 

The clothes are all so hideous!  I saw them all in person and they're all safari inspired and look like they're better suited for 80 year old women!  

I took my mother with me and she didn't want any of the clothes either, we spent the money on some overpriced knick knacks.  
Exactly why I ended up with a clearance dog collar.  It's a cute pink and green one and I must say Lily looks smashing in it!

Exactly why I ended up with a clearance dog collar.  It's a cute pink and green one and I must say Lily looks smashing in it!
I really can't fathom what would inspire someone to open a safari themed clothing store and it's really no wonder that it's bankrupt. 

I really can't fathom what would inspire someone to open a safari themed clothing store and it's really no wonder that it's bankrupt. 
LOL. I don't know that was exactly the theme. Maybe just leftover stock in one store. I didnt see any of that in the store I was in last weekend. 

Back