Glossybox - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm impressed with the fragrance level of the loofah soap! I got the peppermint (which I love) and I took it out of the wrapper and left it out for a bit...and it's scented my entire upstairs! lol. Can't wait to try it on my tired feet and legs after work.
Please post your thoughts on the loofah after you try it. I saw someone else's post (miss katie danielle, maybe?) saying something like it practically ripped off her skin. I assumed she must have really sensitive skin... until I tried it myself. Ouch! It was great for about five swipes until the soap part wore off and left too much loofah part exposed, I guess. Someone did suggest using it on feet (peppermint would be soooo great for that!!), and I tried that this morning with much more success. I will now use it exclusively on my feet unless someone can suggest a way to lessen the uncomfortable scratchy/rippy feeling of the loofah. Great idea in concept, at least...

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm impressed with the fragrance level of the loofah soap! I got the peppermint (which I love) and I took it out of the wrapper and left it out for a bit...and it's scented my entire upstairs! lol. Can't wait to try it on my tired feet and legs after work.
Please post your thoughts on the loofah after you try it. I saw someone else's post (miss katie danielle, maybe?) saying something like it practically ripped off her skin. I assumed she must have really sensitive skin... until I tried it myself. Ouch! It was great for about five swipes until the soap part wore off and left too much loofah part exposed, I guess. Someone did suggest using it on feet (peppermint would be soooo great for that!!), and I tried that this morning with much more success. I will now use it exclusively on my feet unless someone can suggest a way to lessen the uncomfortable scratchy/rippy feeling of the loofah. Great idea in concept, at least...

I will do! I haven't used loofah soap before, but I did have a natural loofah made out of the exact same thing (minus the soap) and I found it too rough on most of my body but I liked it for my feet, legs, knees, elbows...and using very little pressure. Maybe the soap will best work the same way?

Maybe you could also use the side (the narrow round part) rather than the flat front? More soap and less loofah that way, and it seems like the front and back have the scratchiest part of the loofah...

I REALLY liked the loofah soap!!! It's very exfoliating but nothing painful to me. I always use LUSH's Big Buffy everyday and it has ground rice in it. I think this soap feels very similar. I really enjoy the secret garden scent too!

I got secret garden too and was surprised how much I like the scent. I'm not usually a floral loving girl. I thought it was a little rough but not anymore so than a regular loofah. I used it mainly on my arms, legs and feet. My entire bathroom smells awesome.

Originally Posted by Shannon28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got secret garden too and was surprised how much I like the scent. I'm not usually a floral loving girl. I thought it was a little rough but not anymore so than a regular loofah. I used it mainly on my arms, legs and feet. My entire bathroom smells awesome.
yes, yes and yes.  i won't use this everyday but it's nice for a once or twice a week scrub down. in the meantime, it keep the bathroom smelling quite lovely.

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Shannon28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yes, yes and yes.  i won't use this everyday but it's nice for a once or twice a week scrub down. in the meantime, it keep the bathroom smelling quite lovely.

The scent is so strong on the peppermint one that it kind of doubles as both a soap and an air freshener! lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Kind of makes me want to buy some more and try the other scents!

I tried the loofah and I loved it. It wasn't too harsh on my skin at all and it left it feeling silky smooth. 

If anyone doesn't want their peppermint soap keep me in mind. I'll gladly trade the carol's daughter in Ecstasy for it.

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes it was me. I don't think my skin is too sensitive, but this was just way too harsh. I can't imagine people using it anywhere but their feet!

QUESTION:: What do those hearts mean under my profile pic? They look like HP and I need to get more potions to get my strength up.... *feel free to judge me for that lol*

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

QUESTION:: What do those hearts mean under my profile pic? They look like HP and I need to get more potions to get my strength up.... *feel free to judge me for that lol*
No judgement from me - I love HP! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OMIGOSH! I hope I can level up quick! I feel like I need to rack up some experience points so that I can evolve into my pokemon soulmate: Snorlax

I used the loofah today. I agree with others, it was so rough! I even tried applying super light pressure and I still couldn't do it! I had to rub my hands on the bar to get soapy then just rubbed it on my body. But it was great for the feet! lol

It smelled pretty good too! I had Secret Garden and it reminded me of this bubble bath stuff I used when I was a kid
bath.gif

Originally Posted by jesmari /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used the loofah today. I agree with others, it was so rough! I even tried applying super light pressure and I still couldn't do it! I had to rub my hands on the bar to get soapy then just rubbed it on my body. But it was great for the feet! lol

It smelled pretty good too! I had Secret Garden and it reminded me of this bubble bath stuff I used when I was a kid
bath.gif
Yes!  Unless the loofah gets softer over time, this will be a nice heel exfoliating agent, lol.  It's the only place I could possibly ever use it.  I received Secret Garden as well and do enjoy the scent.

Originally Posted by StellaSunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes!  Unless the loofah gets softer over time, this will be a nice heel exfoliating agent, lol.  It's the only place I could possibly ever use it.  I received Secret Garden as well and do enjoy the scent.
It did seem a LITTLE softer after a few uses... but I still felt like I was scraping my skin off one or two layers at a time. I do love it for feet and elbows, hehe! Also... The soap seems to dissolve/shrink fairly quickly. I guess eventually the bar will leave the loofah part behind as the soap gets used up?

I finally tried out the loofa soap and I loved it! I decided to try it all over my whole body and it didn't hurt at all, actually felt really good on my dry itchy skin.  The fact that so many others found it painful makes me feel like a freak, lol...

(I do have fairly sensitive skin, BUT my skin is sensitive to chemicals more than physical things like exfoliation.)

Glossybox is treading a fine line with me. They sent my box to my billing address when I double checked 20 times that shipping and billing are correct, they were, I have the screen cap to prove it, but they are saying they "corrected my mistake" when they need to correct their own mistake. This happened my first month when I originally signed up. So annoying. 

Don't feel like a freak. I am using like regular soap/scrubby thing, too

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally tried out the loofa soap and I loved it! I decided to try it all over my whole body and it didn't hurt at all, actually felt really good on my dry itchy skin.  The fact that so many others found it painful makes me feel like a freak, lol...

(I do have fairly sensitive skin, BUT my skin is sensitive to chemicals more than physical things like exfoliation.)

Back