Glossybox - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally tried out the loofa soap and I loved it! I decided to try it all over my whole body and it didn't hurt at all, actually felt really good on my dry itchy skin.  The fact that so many others found it painful makes me feel like a freak, lol...

(I do have fairly sensitive skin, BUT my skin is sensitive to chemicals more than physical things like exfoliation.)
I'm a freak too because I thought it felt awesome!

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want my October box!  Is anyone else still waiting?
Yes. I'm still waiting. I don't even know if it has shipped. They won't respond to my emails or tweets. I think I'm just gonna charge back. I hate to do it but I paid them 65.00 and they won't even respond to me.

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It did seem a LITTLE softer after a few uses... but I still felt like I was scraping my skin off one or two layers at a time. I do love it for feet and elbows, hehe! Also... The soap seems to dissolve/shrink fairly quickly. I guess eventually the bar will leave the loofah part behind as the soap gets used up?
Okay, I'm not the only one who was thinking this. It seemed like the soap dissolved quicker than the other handmade soap I have in my bathroom. Eventually, the loofah will remain after the soap is gone, but it seems to be going away quicker than I expected it to.

How does one cancel a subscription? Call them? Email them?

Next month will be my first month trying them but not sure if I want to do it every single month. Maybe once in awhile, the main reason I am doing it for November its because its my birthday. I have thinking of trying BeautyFix as well, but I don't think I can have Glossybox, Beautyfix, Birchbox, Ipsy, & Beauty Army.

I went to my account last night but couldn't find it anywhere. 

Normally I would say call them but their offices are located in NY so there most likely isn't anyone in the offices working right now. Send them an email instead but please expect delays due to situation in NY right now.

Originally Posted by kat46 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want my October box!  Is anyone else still waiting?
Yes. I'm still waiting. I don't even know if it has shipped. They won't respond to my emails or tweets. I think I'm just gonna charge back. I hate to do it but I paid them 65.00 and they won't even respond to me.

I know it's frustrating (I too am waiting to hear from them, mine is about a missing product) but remember that they are located on the east coast and their offices are currently closed because of hurricane damage. It's going to take longer than usual for all customer service right now!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know it's frustrating (I too am waiting to hear from them, mine is about a missing product) but remember that they are located on the east coast and their offices are currently closed because of hurricane damage. It's going to take longer than usual for all customer service right now!
Well, I ordered on the 16th of October.... way before the hurricane. I just heard back from them and I am pretty angry.

I paid with Paypal. It was an option at checkout. No where did it say that they don't Paypal as a payment. The money was deducted from my account on the 16th and my invoice says I paid.  They tell me in the email that they don't accept Paypal as a form of Payment! and that they "encourage" to go to their website and "change my form of payment? Well I'm not paying for it twice.

I asked for a refund for the 65.00 I already paid.

I finally got my boxes. My babmoo shine mist leaked all over the package. Everything is greasy, but the bottle is nearly empty and the lip gloss duo is totally contaminated and unusable. I emailed them, but I doubt it can be replaced so late after shipment. Sucks, since 2 out of 5 items are totally useless. I'm hoping they can do SOMETHING.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally got my boxes. My babmoo shine mist leaked all over the package. Everything is greasy, but the bottle is nearly empty and the lip gloss duo is totally contaminated and unusable. I emailed them, but I doubt it can be replaced so late after shipment. Sucks, since 2 out of 5 items are totally useless. I'm hoping they can do SOMETHING.
I emailed them the day after I got my shipment, this was before Sandy. My mist leaked all over too. I emailed them again last week and I am still waiting to hear back.

Originally Posted by jamiestarlynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed them the day after I got my shipment, this was before Sandy. My mist leaked all over too. I emailed them again last week and I am still waiting to hear back.

I had an issue with a missing product, and I also contacted them before Sandy...it took over two weeks, 3 emails, and 3 tweets to get a response. Then, I got two responses: one from someone basically saying "We have box variations. You didn't get the blush because you got a different box variation. You weren't supposed to get that item.." (which is not the case, the blush was listed on my card and I got only 4 items) and one from another saying they'd send a replacement. So, I guess we'll see...

I love the products but their customer service definitely needs help. It took everything in me not to respond to the condescending "You didn't get it because you weren't supposed to" with a snotty retort...I hate companies that treat me like I'm stupid and/or don't read what you actually wrote. I sent pictures of the card and what I received and they obviously didn't read anything in the email other than "I didn't get a blush". Ugh.

I received the "leave us feedback" email this morning, but when I checked my surveys, the only one that showed up was for the mist. Does anyone know if they're playing with feedback again, or are they in the process of uploading all the surveys?

Edit: it looks like they're showing one at a time this month. Weird.

I just got an email to give feedback. So far I can leave feedback for the shine mist, the loofah, carol's daughter, and the lip duo.

I two surveys each for the mist, peel, loofah soap, modelco gloss, and the carol's daughter... which is super because I didn't GET the carol's daughter, I got the blush.  sigh.  So I can either leave feedback for the CD or lose out on 20 points.  

Oh Glossybox you tricky minx!  I went into my account today and all my surveys were there!  Hooray!  Took the 1st one which was for the Alterna.  It was easy!  I was like finally, they changed the surveys!  Woo hoo.  Then I went on to the Heartland soap one.  Sad trombone sound.  "does this soap make you feel exciting? classy?"  Is this brand evocative of xyz?  Here's to hoping for survey improvements for next month!

My hair mist also leaked and my lipstick was completely twisted up and smashed into the lid. I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and they emailed me back today saying my replacement was sent out today and they are sorry for the delay but their warehouse flooded during the storm, so that could be what's taking them a while.

I have the email saying it's time to do surveys, but I have no surveys.  I just sent email asking what is going on.  It seems like they're going up later and later each month, and now they're not up at all.  As an added bonus, I got the blush, but it's not on their product page, so I'm not sure they'll have it up for feedback points.  I forgot to mention that in the email, though.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the email saying it's time to do surveys, but I have no surveys.  I just sent email asking what is going on.  It seems like they're going up later and later each month, and now they're not up at all.  As an added bonus, I got the blush, but it's not on their product page, so I'm not sure they'll have it up for feedback points.  I forgot to mention that in the email, though.
I already filled out the surveys for this month. They were up yesterday for me.

Back