GlossyBox - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope, wasn't charged at all. I notified them through many outlets that I hadn't been charged and wanted to rectify it.

Ah well, everyting happens for a reason. Hopefully I don't get overlooked for October's box.
That's kind of ridiculous. How did they manage to just not send a box to so many of us? Really with what seems to be very little rhyme or reason.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's kind of ridiculous. How did they manage to just not send a box to so many of us? Really with what seems to be very little rhyme or reason.
I know. It's kind of crazy considering I basically begged them to take my money this month. Hopefully next month there will be no issues and the box will be AWESOME. I really do like the boxes they've offered.

How long should I expect it to take to get an e-mail response from them?

Originally Posted by brio444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably shouldn't copy/paste the email, but GB CS said I should be able to use the wrong foundation color as a bronzer, so the DO think I should rock it like Snooki.  suuuuure.   But, as per, I called and got a much better response.  I've already traded for the correct shade so I'm not even bothered about exchanging anymore, but I'm really concerned that this keeps happening.  And they keep saying they're matching to my profile, so I called to just see if I'm seeing a different profile on my end than they are on theirs.  She suggested I fill it out again, and whatever.  And you do need to re-do a separate profile if you signed up under the R29 deal.  
This post finally got me to stop lurking after months and months and finally join so I could post!

I am fair, like the color of the background of the page here, and I got #23.  I emailed asking what was up with that, and they told me either to mix it with a foundation that I already own or use it as bronzer.  I thought BB creams were supposed to be lightening, not darkening.  Huh.

What did they tell you on the phone?

Originally Posted by trillian /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This post finally got me to stop lurking after months and months and finally join so I could post!

I am fair, like the color of the background of the page here, and I got #23.  I emailed asking what was up with that, and they told me either to mix it with a foundation that I already own or use it as bronzer.  I thought BB creams were supposed to be lightening, not darkening.  Huh.

What did they tell you on the phone?
Glad you joined!

When I called, I was just trying to figure out what the problem was - I already traded so I wasn't interested in exchanging.  The email response was almost nonsensical: we match with profiles, and we know it's hard to find the right foundation shade so I should use it as a bronzer.  At least the phone call rep was interested in helping me figure out what the problem was.  I had a profile filled out on the old (regular) account, but the R29 started a new account, with a blank profile.  I filled it out, but too late to make a difference.  Was your profile filled out (in time)?

I've been a Glossybox subscriber since the first box. I jumped on the R 29 deal, and expected that I'd be getting two boxes per month for three months. Instead, I got one box and my credit card wasn't charged this month. I'm wondering if I'll still get any boxes after the three month R29 period is over!

how many items were in the glossybox? cause i only got 5 (the shampoo, conditioner, bb cream, lipstick, and the makeup remover) and i thought that was it but when i went on the website, it said that there were six items. apparently im missing the "professional mattifying gel".

anyone else have this problem? i think im gonna email them and tell them

Originally Posted by RehamMohamed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

how many items were in the glossybox? cause i only got 5 (the shampoo, conditioner, bb cream, lipstick, and the makeup remover) and i thought that was it but when i went on the website, it said that there were six items. apparently im missing the "professional mattifying gel".

5 items.  You received either the makeup remover OR the mattifying gel. 

Originally Posted by RehamMohamed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was an either/or thing, you either got the makeup remover or the mattifying gel, not both 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by brio444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glad you joined!

When I called, I was just trying to figure out what the problem was - I already traded so I wasn't interested in exchanging.  The email response was almost nonsensical: we match with profiles, and we know it's hard to find the right foundation shade so I should use it as a bronzer.  At least the phone call rep was interested in helping me figure out what the problem was.  I had a profile filled out on the old (regular) account, but the R29 started a new account, with a blank profile.  I filled it out, but too late to make a difference.  Was your profile filled out (in time)?
They didn't even tell me the part about matching profiles, just some "women have a hard time finding shades that work" line.  Sure we do, especially when we're fair and you send beige stuff. 
wink.gif

My profile is all filled out.  I double-checked it when the first reports started coming in of people getting BB cream that was much too dark for them.

At least the #23 doesn't have an orange undertone.  I can maybe use it in the summer one of the weeks after I've forgotten sunscreen, before I peel all the tan off.  It's not as far off as some of the other things I've tried.  I mean, sometimes the drugstore brands' lightest shades are too dark for me!

So... I am LOVING the shampoo and conditioner! My hair hasn't looked this pretty in a few years! Glad I got two boxes so I can use it twice as long haha! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi,

I would be happy to trade the makeup remover for the shampoo and conditioner. Let me know how to proceed. This is my first time on the messege board!

Gina M

Originally Posted by CKennedy9687 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm looking to trade the shampoo and conditioner together for the Koh Gen Do makeup remover. Let me know if anyone's interested. Thanks
smile.gif
Hi... I would be happy to trade you. Please let me know how we should proceed. This is my first time on the message board. Thanks, Gina M

Originally Posted by CKennedy9687 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm looking to trade the shampoo and conditioner together for the Koh Gen Do makeup remover. Let me know if anyone's interested. Thanks
smile.gif
I'm sorry if you get several replies... I'm not sure how to do this correctly, but I would like to swap for your shampoo and conditioner. Please let me know how to proceed. Thanks!

Gina M

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So... I am LOVING the shampoo and conditioner! My hair hasn't looked this pretty in a few years! Glad I got two boxes so I can use it twice as long haha! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Me too!  I found it on amazon for 31$ for 10 oz bottles of each.

Originally Posted by Shayna11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too!  I found it on amazon for 31$ for 10 oz bottles of each.
Sweet, thanks! Why didn't I think of Amazon? I was looking on the website and was sad that I could only buy it in certain salons. I feel dumb, haha.

Latest posts

Back