GlossyBox - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not receive a GlossyBox, but if anyone might be interested in trading #13 (or if there is a lighter one?) if they think it might match someone who's ghost-white, I would be in! PM me for some items I have. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I JUST received another July Glossybox...the other variation with the Rouge balm...
confused.gif

This BB cream is amazing! So far I've used it for about 3 days and haven't tried any primer with it to get the full effect. My skin feels soo smooth! Do you ladies recommend using it with a primer or without?

I wonder if the gel vs cleanser had anything to do with the bb color. Like fair or light skin with the cleanser got 13 (my combo) and fair and light skin with the gel got 21. On a side note, glossybox is my favorite sub. I have liked every box so far. They do what everyone complains about with other subscriptions. They send large deluxe and full size items, make up items, shampoo and conditioner together, and items and brands that are new and not overdone. I definitely think its worth the $$.

Originally Posted by Emr410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if the gel vs cleanser had anything to do with the bb color. Like fair or light skin with the cleanser got 13 (my combo) and fair and light skin with the gel got 21.

On a side note, glossybox is my favorite sub. I have liked every box so far. They do what everyone complains about with other subscriptions. They send large deluxe and full size items, make up items, shampoo and conditioner together, and items and brands that are new and not overdone. I definitely think its worth the $$.
I received the cleanser with 21.  

And I agree, GB is fantastic!  

This is my first Glossybox, and I am incredibly happy with the quality & size of the products. I got the BB cream and Koh Gen Do cleaning water combo. I am particularly happy that I didn't get the mattifying gel; it would have wrecked my sensitive, dry skin. Unfortunately, despite having "light" in my profile, I got the BB cream in 27. I tried a swatch on my skin and blended-- while it lightened somewhat, it doesn't match completely. If anyone wants to trade for a 21 or 23, I'm game.

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received the cleanser with 21.  

And I agree, GB is fantastic!  
Same here.  I think I got the cleanser (really, a makeup remover) because my skin type is listed as "dry," which probably translates to "does not mean mattifying gel."  It gets oily in the summer, but that only lasts about half as long in my area as it does for the rest of the county and comes along much later (last year, it seems like it was something like three weeks in September), so I stuck with the dry skin in my profile because my summer skin DOES NOT LIKE when I use new products, but I'm constantly trying new moisturizers in the winter because my skin is freakishly dry for a good nine months out of the year, combination for two, and an acidic** oilslick what passes for summer, so it makes sense to just go ahead and stick with getting stuff for dry skin year-round.

**  (I can't even wear sunscreen in the summer because it interacts with that skin acid and does this nasty chemical burn thing.  And if I sweat, teeny tiny blisters!  So fun!)

I wonder if the gel vs cleanser had anything to do with the bb color. Like fair or light skin with the cleanser got 13 (my combo) and fair and light skin with the gel got 21.

On a side note, glossybox is my favorite sub. I have liked every box so far. They do what everyone complains about with other subscriptions. They send large deluxe and full size items, make up items, shampoo and conditioner together, and items and brands that are new and not overdone. I definitely think its worth the $$.
That's a great inference. I got No. 27 Honey Beige with the cleanser.

I put light skin, and got the mattifying gel and #13. I think they take into acct what you put for skin type (dry, oily, combo).

Originally Posted by amoeba /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I put light skin, and got the mattifying gel and #13. I think they take into acct what you put for skin type (dry, oily, combo).
Probably but it doesn't seem like they took everyone's skin tones into consideration. I'm fortunate to receive one in my shade but not all of us did. I think I put medium skin tone with dry or sensitive skin type. If you had the mattifying gel, does that mean you put down oily skin...possibly?

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by amoeba /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Probably but it doesn't seem like they took everyone's skin tones into consideration. I'm fortunate to receive one in my shade but not all of us did. I think I put medium skin tone with dry or sensitive skin type. If you had the mattifying gel, does that mean you put down oily skin...possibly?

I put fair and combination, and I got 21 and the mattifying gel. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It seems like most of us who put fair got 21, and most who put light got 13...odd! Maybe because the tones are different? From what I understand, 13 has yellower undertones while 21 has pinker ones?

That's a great inference. I got No. 27 Honey Beige with the cleanser.
I also got #27 and the cleanser. I think the 27 is a little too dark for me. I also would've prefered the mattifying gel if anyone wants to trade for the cleanser. Also if anyone has the next shade lighter to the 27 to trade for the 27 I'm willing. I only swatched a tiny tiny bit.

I put combo and fair and received 21 and the mattifying gel. I wonder if I should change my profile since I only get oily during the summer. Does glossybox use the profile to send out products on a regular basis or only occasionally?

Unrelated but I thought I would share my $10 off $40 single use codes for Beauty.com which expires at the end of the month (9/30). I figure everyone here appreciate the brands they carry. Free shipping and no tax with free sample packets. Enjoy, I have 4 of them: 9a75b0d8b29d5e1 8sb48111669d5e1 8g5ae49cb9d5e1 9d5bfd33f49d5e1
Thanks for the codes. It works out better than my 20% discount that I get because I'm a Walgreens employee and they own beauty.com as well as drugstore.com Walgreens employees get a 20% discount on both sites.

Anyone want to trade the #31 for either the 13 or 21? Unopened and brand new. I put fair and they sent the 31, which won't work, obviously.

thanks!

I got my box! I put light and blemished because I didn't want to get anything that could break me out, but I ended up with the #23 bb and the makeup remover. I'm happy with the remover but a little wtf @ #23. I just gave it to my mom since that's the shade she uses. No problems with my lipstick but I also got two conditioners. @_@

Originally Posted by kalmekrzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the codes. It works out better than my 20% discount that I get because I'm a Walgreens employee and they own beauty.com as well as drugstore.com

Walgreens employees get a 20% discount on both sites.
You're very welcome. I am glad someone used it. I buy too much stuff from there and everytime they try to lure me in further with those awesome discounts. 

Got my box...I received #31. I was nervous about which shade I would get but seems they did try to match the profile. This is going to be my first experience with a BB Cream. It seems a little dark maybe? But hoping that it will adjust...that's how it works, right? Do u think if it seems too dark to begin with, it wouldn't match later? The one thing which was a nice surprise was the smell of the product...it smells pretty nice. I'm used to foundations smelling kinda eh...but this smells calming. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's a really great way to recycle Glossy Boxes... Keep that in mind on other stuff!!!

Thanks for the helpful link and blog!

I got the #27 bb cream which is way too dark for me and I am hoping if anyone who has #13 wants to trade with me? Many thanks.

Latest posts

Back