GlossyBox - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by PAsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I checked my order status today, and found a tracking number...Newgistics site shows that it was picked up since 9/13. USPS said "Picked up by shipping partner" on 9/13 as well...6 days and counting sitting around in a truck in Kearny, NJ....great...
Where did you find your order status?  I switched over to the R29 deal.  Under that "order" it says payment successful, but I can't seem any other order status.

NJ is Springsteen Country. Wtheck Glossybox? One more of those and I'm cancelling.... hahaha, no, not really but come on... that said, not tracking for me yet!

Originally Posted by brio444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where did you find your order status?  I switched over to the R29 deal.  Under that "order" it says payment successful, but I can't seem any other order status.
I have 2 boxes coming in, and one of them has tracking. Strange, but I think that's the R29. The regular one hasn't shown a tracking yet.

Does anyone know when GB normally starts shipping out their boxes? I heard it's normally the 3rd week of the month. This is my first month. I'm getting so anxious!

I already have birchbox and ipsy but I'm really contemplating canceling my bb because they have been very weak. 

Just checked mine shipped 9/13 from South Kearny and just left Elizabeth NJ today.  Since I am on the West coast I have at least another week. If memory serves it goes to Fisher, IN next then Sparks NV and then comes to Southern CA.  I got my BB yesterday and My Glam today and Glossybox is usually better than both (product wise not shipping time wise lol) so I can be patient!

Originally Posted by FoxxyNiki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received this email from Glossybox - I live in NJ so I don't think it will affect those who live in other states:

Important Information

Dear Nicole,

We hope you're enjoying this month's GLOSSYBOX as much as we enjoyed curating the box for you.

GLOSSYBOX has recently set up operations in the State of New Jersey, home of the Garden State Parkway, delicious tomatoes, and the inimitable Snooki. As a consequence, we are now legally required to charge a sales tax to New Jersey customers. From now on your GLOSSYBOX subscription will incur an additional 7% of sales taxes.

If you have any further question please do not hesitate to get in contact with us:

Mail: [email protected]

Twitter: glossyboxushelp

Phone: 855-738-1140

Phone: 855-738-4842

Thank you

Your GLOSSYBOXTeam 
So that would be a total of $22.47. Still better than mine I guess. It makes me wonder because I have to pay $23.05 each month and California sales tax is 7.25% whereas my local tax is 8.5%. It's like they chose the place with the highest tax rate of 9.75% to "set up operations". 
icon_neutral.gif
 Not that big of a difference but then again, I'm positive I'm one of the only ones that had to start paying taxes since the first month in May even though my other friends in California did not. I guess it just feels less worth it when the number goes up by 2 hahah.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just checked mine shipped 9/13 from South Kearny and just left Elizabeth NJ today.  Since I am on the West coast I have at least another week. If memory serves it goes to Fisher, IN next then Sparks NV and then comes to Southern CA.  I got my BB yesterday and My Glam today and Glossybox is usually better than both (product wise not shipping time wise lol) so I can be patient!
Yours started shipping already?! 

Just checked my GB account and found a tracking number as well, yay! My active account is currently for the R29 deal - it looks like the box arrived in Kearney, NJ today with an expected delivery timeframe of 9.28-10.1 to SoCal.

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just checked my GB account and found a tracking number as well, yay! My active account is currently for the R29 deal - it looks like the box arrived in Kearney, NJ today with an expected delivery timeframe of 9.28-10.1 to SoCal.
Oooh point me the way to the tracking number please! 
wub.gif

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine shipped on the 15th but it still says its in South Kearny :/ I am in so cal too so I expect to see mine around the first week of October!

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh point me the way to the tracking number please! 
wub.gif
Log into your GB account, click on "My Orders" then "View Order" next to your most recent order # (top of list). Then copy and paste the tracking number into newgistics.com! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Log into your GB account, click on "My Orders" then "View Order" next to your most recent order # (top of list). Then copy and paste the tracking number into newgistics.com! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ahahah I accidentally plugged in the order number. But nope, still no tracking information for me...the tracking number isn't listed. Must resist worrying!

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahahah I accidentally plugged in the order number. But nope, still no tracking information for me...the tracking number isn't listed. Must resist worrying!
Mine doesn't show any shipping info either. It's my first box and I used the R29 deal.

My R29 box shows "in transit" as of yesterday but nothing on my regular subscription.  I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't want to cancel the regular one when I signed up for R29...!

Originally Posted by brio444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have to be logged into your GB account, and on the left sidebar, you will see a tab called My Order (or something like that), click on it, and you will see the Sept. GB with a process date of 9/10/12, and if it has a tracking #, it will say "Complete". If it still says "Payment Success" it usually means there's no tracking yet...the links should be active, so you can click on the specific order no. link and see the details. But again, nothing is ever a guarantee...I didn't even get a shipping confirmation email for this month, and I am expecting the box today or tomorrow (in NYC).

Will post pics!

And this is my R29 subscription, I canceled my regular one...let's see if they're going to be different.

I just got my shipped confirmation as well. It has also shifted from one city in NJ to another which I hope is a good sign that it will be on the move and not hanging out in Jersey for a week or two.

Originally Posted by surelyslim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For real! I'm not from NJ, but I immediately found myself cheering when MTV finally declared this to be the last season. She's not even native, and for that you NJersians get a negative rep.
THANK YOU!!! It's so true! And, you totally just made my day!!!
biggrin.gif

I got my shipping confirmation. Newgistics has it "in transit" in Elizabeth, New Jersey with an estimated arrival date of 9/25-9/26. Five days to cross the river to Brooklyn!

got my shipping notification as well this morning and apparently it's already at the post office (i'm in ny)!  delivery date is the 25th or 26th but i'm hoping it doesn't take 5 days to get to me from the post office...

Latest posts

Back