Glossybox September, 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box arrived today!  I am way late to the party, but I'm pretty happy, as it has new to me products.  I have actually never in my life used an eyelash curler, and I tried briefly but it made no difference.  I assume I don't heat it or anything, so I'm going to have to google it to see what I should be doing with it.  Fuller hair is a good thing, so I will happily try the nioxin.  I love the idea of a spot makeup remover as it seems I'm often try to brush away stray eyeliner or mascara.  It isn't stuff that I would have purchased for myself... but that is the point!  I get to try lots of new to me things.

I feel kind of guilty!

Upon further looking through my box ... I noticed additional products inside.  There was a total of 2 eyeliners and 3 perfumes.  Does this happen a lot?  Do they include extras for new people?  (Hah!)  I guess I should call them and tell them they sent out extras.  Hmmm.  Has this happened to any of you?

I feel kind of guilty! Upon further looking through my box ... I noticed additional products inside.  There was a total of 2 eyeliners and 3 perfumes.  Does this happen a lot?  Do they include extras for new people?  (Hah!)  I guess I should call them and tell them they sent out extras.  Hmmm.  Has this happened to any of you?
Don't worry about it unless they do not add the correct number of items. They would not be able to take them back--they cannot send them to other subscribers because of the nature of the products.

You're right, surely they couldn't take it back for hygienic reasons.  OK, I don't feel so bad, lol.  And I really, REALLY like the perfume.  And I use the hell out of the marker/pen type eyeliners.  I did mention it to them on their FB  page.  I've had a run of bad luck lately ... maybe this means my luck will start looking up!

My box (and my past box) arrived today, and I am happy with both!

The Diamax, I am excited to try. I do have pretty thick hair, but as it is cut in an angled bob, more volume is a great thing. 

The eyeliner, I already had but my old one dried up. I'm fine with getting another, it's good for thicker liner days.

The eyelash curler is pretty great! I already posted about how I JUST bought a new one, but I like this one better. It is cool looking and fits my eyes well.

The makeup remover pen is a great idea and I'm sure I'll get use out of it, I'm always smudging something. 

The perfume, I actually love! I saw people mentioning that it smelled mature, and I thought I'd hate it. It doesn't smell old at all on me, just nice and fruity. I can see myself using it a lot.

My August 2012 box also came. I got this box before, but happily I got different lip color and polish shades. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I already have and love the Ole serum and the skin base. The exquisite oil sample will get used on my recently lightened hair.

The Ellis Faas I got was Milky Lips L209 - Toffee Beige. The last one I got was glazed lips in a rust orange. Both, at first glance, seemed like NOT my colors, but I fell in love with the first and think I'll love this one as well. It's not too overwhelming like I worried.

Here it is on bare lips...a good neutral shade for fall. I love these Ellis lips, I wish I could afford more!

The Illamasqua polish is in Alarm, a bright fire engine red. My last one was an ugly peach I ended up giving away. I don't have much red, so I am happy with this one!

Pretty good Glossybox month for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Michaela ... I just want to say that I LOVE your comforter?  Bedspread?  Whatever in the first picture!  WANT, lol.  I don't know what it is, since I wasn't all about the chevron stuff when it was first showing up everywhere, but now?  WANT ALL THE CHEVRON THINGS, hahah.

Quote: Originally Posted by abreeskye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Michaela ... I just want to say that I LOVE your comforter?  Bedspread?  Whatever in the first picture!  WANT, lol.  I don't know what it is, since I wasn't all about the chevron stuff when it was first showing up everywhere, but now?  WANT ALL THE CHEVRON THINGS, hahah.

lol, thanks!!  It's a duvet cover, but they have a comforter in the same pattern! It was actually really cheap, I got it at Target after my more expensive duvet met its fate with an exploded pen! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love chevron, too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It has the gray, yellow, white, and a teal/aqua color. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My August 2012 box also came. I got this box before, but happily I got different lip color and polish shades. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Pretty good Glossybox month for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I almost got that box again but I'm fighting my own personal hoarding tendencies.  I have barely enough room as it is, but I digress.

That was my favorite box, I would say.  I wanted to get another hoping I'd get that funky lip color and another Illamasqua polish.  Glad you got both, I'll live vicariously through you!  ; p

Oh, and I have now fallen in love with the perfume...so if anyone doesn't like it and wants it gone, I'd happily take it off your hands ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Super surprised by that, but on me it just smells sweet and fruity with some vanilla and the slightest bit of musk. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now that I've had a chance to play with everything, I think September's is one of my favorite boxes to date, despite the lack of bright colors. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I almost got that box again but I'm fighting my own personal hoarding tendencies.  I have barely enough room as it is, but I digress.

That was my favorite box, I would say.  I wanted to get another hoping I'd get that funky lip color and another Illamasqua polish.  Glad you got both, I'll live vicariously through you!  ; p

I definitely know what you mean - I live in a tiny rented apartment and my makeup corner takes up half of my bedroom...yeesh. But it was too good ofa box to pass up. I would LOVE more of those Ellis lips products...such cute packaging and they feel so nice on. I wish I'd ordered a couple more!

My box (and my past box) arrived today, and I am happy with both!

The Diamax, I am excited to try. I do have pretty thick hair, but as it is cut in an angled bob, more volume is a great thing. 

The eyeliner, I already had but my old one dried up. I'm fine with getting another, it's good for thicker liner days.

The eyelash curler is pretty great! I already posted about how I JUST bought a new one, but I like this one better. It is cool looking and fits my eyes well.

The makeup remover pen is a great idea and I'm sure I'll get use out of it, I'm always smudging something. 

The perfume, I actually love! I saw people mentioning that it smelled mature, and I thought I'd hate it. It doesn't smell old at all on me, just nice and fruity. I can see myself using it a lot.

I already have and love the Ole serum and the skin base. The exquisite oil sample will get used on my recently lightened hair.

The Ellis Faas I got was Milky Lips L209 - Toffee Beige. The last one I got was glazed lips in a rust orange. Both, at first glance, seemed like NOT my colors, but I fell in love with the first and think I'll love this one as well. It's not too overwhelming like I worried.

Here it is on bare lips...a good neutral shade for fall. I love these Ellis lips, I wish I could afford more!

The Illamasqua polish is in Alarm, a bright fire engine red. My last one was an ugly peach I ended up giving away. I don't have much red, so I am happy with this one!

I got my August 2012 Blast from the Past box yesterday. I wasn't a subscriber until December, so I missed out on what was an awesome box. I'm glad I was able to buy it again. I got the same Ellis Faas color and the Illamasqua in a milky white shade called Load (HAHAHA!).

I just received my two blast from the past boxes and I am thrilled!! Wonderfully, one item I was not too excited about was replaced with two that I love!!! Yea!!

Quick update on my box. So I decided to call yet again (3rd time). Finally on this last call I got an amazing CSR that, GASP, actually took care of me. Anyhow, she told me what I suspected, that I had no box on its way to me, even though on my first two calls I was told different. Hopefully, this third call will be my final and I will get my box. At this point I don't know if I'll renew my subscription with Glossybox. It's sad because I have been with them sense the first box & I really do like the products - I just can't tolerate horrible customer service. Oh well, I guess I will wait and see what the sneak peeks are before making my final decision.

Quote: Originally Posted by Animezing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quick update on my box. So I decided to call yet again (3rd time). Finally on this last call I got an amazing CSR that, GASP, actually took care of me. Anyhow, she told me what I suspected, that I had no box on its way to me, even though on my first two calls I was told different. Hopefully, this third call will be my final and I will get my box. At this point I don't know if I'll renew my subscription with Glossybox. It's sad because I have been with them sense the first box & I really do like the products - I just can't tolerate horrible customer service. Oh well, I guess I will wait and see what the sneak peeks are before making my final decision.
I had the exact thing happen to me. 3rd time was a charm for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I had the exact thing happen to me. 3rd time was a charm for me.

Good to know, the CSR seemed sweet this time around so I think I will actually get my box. However, the first two calls I made the CSR (different girls) seemed annoyed like I was bugging them and they straight up lied to me. Anyhow, I can't wait to try the makeup remover & see what the perfume smells like
icon_smile.gif

Oh, and I have now fallen in love with the perfume...so if anyone doesn't like it and wants it gone, I'd happily take it off your hands ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Super surprised by that, but on me it just smells sweet and fruity with some vanilla and the slightest bit of musk. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now that I've had a chance to play with everything, I think September's is one of my favorite boxes to date, despite the lack of bright colors. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would totally have given you my perfume but I gave it to a friend who just happened to be at my house when I opened the box. Lucky her! She also snagged that hair product they sent. Sometimes I think she times her visits very well. It's often when my boxes are rolling in...then again they're always rolling in so eh. She loved the perfume too. I hated it with a passion. All I could smell was musk. I actually liked the smell in the bottle but once I put it on I couldn't stand it. Different strokes for different folks I guess, with a little mix of body chemistry I suspect.

The perfume had a musky "old" smell to me too. (No offense to anyone who loved it!) It really is body chemistry. Some that I love do not work well on some friends so... Overall enjoyed this box though! 

Question: How do I get a blast from the past box? Im new to glossybox a couple months ago.
I'm pretty sure that was a limited thing and they sold out. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but last I checked the link wasn't working.

Back