Glow report- Illuminizers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can any of your recommendations be found at the local drugstore/walmarts?

WOW! You do look good. Now this is exactly what I've been looking for and you've done all the work in finding my true "Glow". Thanks.

I too don't want glitter and high gloss on my face, except for lipgloss. But, I think the slight shimmers that capture the look of our youth is far more flattering than the flat mattes. I use the matte foundations for staying powder, but I want to finishing with products like these.

Now, I have to go so I can start shopping! LOL!

Thanks again,

Kat

Hoozey hi,

Have you tried the "April's Mix" in the PureLuxe? I've had my eye on this one a while, but you know how photos are on websites. If this color runs true, then it appears to give a beige/neutral glow, with very little pink or yellow tones. But a lot of glow. The site says it is the top seller of the brand, and a customer creation. What the heck, it only costs a buck to find out right? I'm giving that one a shot, and some of the others you mention in your wonderful post.

Thanks,

Kat

I haven't tried any drug store brands that would be considered a "glow" since finding minerals. So unfortunately I don't have an recs for you that you can pick up in drugstore.

I haven't tried "April's Mix"- I started making MMU about 2 years ago after reading the sticky on how to do. One of the first things I did was glows and since then, I use my own almost all the time. I'm always one to give something a shot- so I'd be putting it in my cart if it is only a dollar because I'd hate to be missing out on something. LOL

That's my sentiment exactly! I'm trying April's Mix today! I can only hope that it makes me look half as good as you do!

Thanks

Kat

I'm using Fyrinnae Centre Stage Highlighter for a slight glowee on my cheek, and don't have any complaint, it doesnt make my face shimmery but just glow. I havent try glow/illuminizer from many other brands so I can't compare.

I'm waiting for my radiant glow from EGM to try (Belize, Tahiti Sweetie) because I've heard rave about it, that it give a result similiar to MAC MSF.

I love Aromaleighs Cherub/Angel/Metamorphosize/Twilight,etc. glows! I probably use the most glows from AL's brand. I also really like Pureluxe glows such as the April's Mix and You glo girl. I've also tried Lumiere as well which I liked. EG Glows are very nice too. I'm sure there are other brands I've tried but those are ones I remember.

I love a soft glow for evening. Where I live is hot and humid so I like matte more for day look but the glow is still nice for evening beauty.

Anyone has tried Beautiful Girl Mineral's Radiant Glow?

Is EGM's Starlight Clear Glow similar to it?

TIA!

I like to use EDM Dusty Miller (as a finishing powder) for a gentle glow, anyone knows any other product by EDM that gives an intensive glow?

Here's a couple of my tricks of the trade for glow application.

1- when I open MMU, I cut a small opening in the adhesive cover over the sifter so only a few holes are open- so I have more control of how much comes out. Then I shake a tiny bit into the lid or a "swirly" bowl.

2. I use a soft, fluffy brush-- either powder brushes or fiber optic. Not too dense brushes work best IMO. Swirl brush in glow.

3. I hit the places I want the most highlight first-- upper cheekbones, arch of brows and then after most of the MMU is off the brush I will lightly do forehead, nose, and chin.

4- I have thin lips and sometimes I'll brush on some glow over lips before applying lip products to make them look a bit fuller.

wow girls.nice tips.i would also suggest you to use liquid make up.i think its good!

Oh  there are so many to choose from!! I actually like a little glow too but not too glittery or shiny since my skin is oily. But I agree with you that you look both healthier and younger if you are not totally matte.

Lumiere is a new brand to me and I see that they have quite a few nice colors there.

I wonder if you have any tips for me who is pale with neutral undertones? More to the warmer/yellow side than the cold/pink side... I do have Healthy Radiance from Bare minerals but I use that one as blush and it's actually a big favourite of mine. It's lovely!!

Back