Glow report- Illuminizers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favourite glows have become:

- Lumière Innocence all over colour, for a very natural effect

- Silk Natural's Angel glow for a slightly more shimmery and "polished" effect

- Silk Natural's Cherub glow (with pink overtones) for a evening look, if I am wearing MU in cool colours.

My favourites so far are:

EDM Light pink - a soft pale pink shade with subtle pink shimmer, perfect for porcelain skin look - and brightens ashy skin beautifully. The texture has Original Glow -type overall sheen + some shimmer.

EDM Natural - looks pinkish brown in the jar but the shimmer is silvery, so the overall impression when applied is quite cool. This has strongish shimmer and somehow moist overall look. Not for every occassion, but I love it anyway.

LaurEss Luminesce Glow - an excellent, subtle beige glow. Not shimmery, just glowy. Very easy to use and I could bet that this is great overall product for many pale to medium skintones - and works for darker skintones as highlighter.

Meow Crystalline Cat Glow - quite similar shimmerless glow to Lauress Luminesce but with white base and perhaps just a bit stronger sheen. Beautiful and versatile higlighter, brightens beautifully too matte blushes/eyeshadows. Might be too harsh for very warm skintones, but probably works well with all others!

And I'm waiting eagerly to get my jar of Fyrinnae Centre Stage. I'm so impressed about their eyeshadows! Has anyone tried it?

Good thread...and you're so pretty! You really do look a lot younger than 39 and your eyes are amazing.

You are so sweet. I'm 40 now and started using natural skincare and I swear I've seen the small lines and wrinkles diminish too. :rockwoot: I still love glows though, although my favorites are the ones I've made myself.

I like glows in the evening and after 5 but not at all on my skin - maybe because I'm brown - during the day. The swatches here though are beautiful.

I just love illuminizers and glow, I have a whole box of those..... all of the Sobarè's, Joppa, some southern magnolia's can't wait to try Lumiere and EDM (packages on the way...)

I have oily skin so I don't need to apply luminous products all over but I do highlight every single time. I love Mad Minerals' Flash Glow as highlighter. It is subtle but at the same time noticeable. I used to use Bobbi Brown's Shimmerbricks but Flash Glow is my HG for now. It is so cheap too considering the sample jar should last me for months!

Thank you so much for this post Hoozy, love this thread, wil def buy some of the products base on your pictures and reviews.

I am exactly as you...I want natural red-carpet dewiness... not obvious plastic teen-glitter ;-)

newyorlatin, purely fyi.....the avi pic is of a chinese movie star, I'm pretty sure that particular pic is from the that movie 'memoires of a geisha'......great movie btw; looks just like a real geisha! :laughing:

I've tried Silk Naturals Daite Bait and Love Lure and the uncolored version (I belive its just called Perfecting Powder)...

Look on my face: I have yellow skin with olive undertones and datebait made me look pale, and love lure made me look gray, but the Perfecting Powder blended in perfectly. However, no dewiness showed up with either of them....

Look on my underside arm: I was BLOWN away by the incredibly natural dewiness - again, the date bait and love lure imparted a bit of a wrong hue to my skin, and the Perfecting Powder blended in again just perfectly but they ALL added an increcibly natural dewiness - no shimmer, glitter or sparkles, just a light natural "sheen" like you see on the red carpet, really impressive and beautiful.

Now the question remains: where can one find a dewiness like this, just more intensely??

Back