Glow report- Illuminizers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I want to make my own stuff too, don't tempt me!! Lol

I remember I read at the beginning of the Make your own minerals thread that you would rather buy it than make it haha. Now look at all you've done! It makes me want to try it too haha.

*Gulp, trying to choke down those words*:vogel: I really didn't see myself making MMU, well--- I thought maybe this winter. That's what you get when there are loads of enablers pushing the powders! LOL

im a mineral makeup newbie and i love monave glisten & val's satin sun. they make me look healthyü

I was just wondering what's your recommendation for an illuminizer for my complexion. I love that iridiscent glow that some ppl have with their makeup and I'd love to have that glow too!

For your complexion I'd opt for a bronzer-like glow. After checking out my favorite brands, I am thinking these picks. Lumiere Summer Warmth. Mad Mudslide or Bronze Loose Mineral Bronzer. Possibly Monave Radiant.

Don't limit yourself to just those, you could lightly brush a gold eye shimmer on your cheekbones or even a bronze color--- just make sure it's light application and more a sweep than buffing it in when you are using that kind of color. HTH

Hi!

New In MMU, I'm looking for a glow look without any "greasy" effect...

What shall I try?

Thanks

Any MMU glow/illuminize can work without giving a "greasy" effect with a light application and the right brush. A very soft, fluffy brush applies glows lightly and is best for a light application. Also something like J Lynn's luminous glows are less shiny and good for beginners.

I love SN's Datebait, but I'm not sure if that's properly a glow or an FP - little bit of both, maybe? Worth trying for a sample, and it shouldn't make you look greasy.

i love this post! hoozey - your initial post was so awesome and thorough!! i may try some new illuminizers that you suggest! i have a few from aromaleigh that i love! i like getting that "glow" as well so i will be trying more!!! thanks!

I definitely need more subtles because I'm so pale. Trying a couple of Lumiere's bronzers that have a tiny bit of sparkle in them, but that's as much as I dare go. I've got their Winter Silk, that's a good highlighter if applied with a very light hand.

Ah, the joys of being ghost-colour.

Latest posts

Back