Glow report- Illuminizers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree with this!! I recently just started washing my face morning and evening with a fragrance free facial soap and moisturizing with 100% olive squalane oil at night [and recently Mario Badescu Collagen Moisturizer with SPF 15 during the day], and I don't remember my skin looking this great since I was 14!

I spent the night at my boyfriend's place this weekend and in the morning I was brave enough to sit around with him and a few of our male friends for a few hours before I even put any makeup on... that's how much better it is. Simple is really the way to go.

thanks! sorry if I seem stupid but what did you mean "when I applied Monave for a b/a"

I was wearing strictly Lumiere for about a month when I did a before after sticky in Monave foundation. I had gotten Monave before Lumiere but didn't do a b/a sticky- when I applied after a month of Lumiere only, the Monave seemed to go on better- like the Lumiere had helped my dry skin.

was wearing strictly Lumiere for about a month when I did a before after sticky in Monave foundation. I had gotten Monave before Lumiere but didn't do a b/a sticky- when I applied after a month of Lumiere only, the Monave seemed to go on better- like the Lumiere had helped my dry skin.

That is really interesting Hoozey. As I think about it my skin had started getting really dry patchy too even though I was exfoliating and with Lumiere I don't have this problem at all.

ALoHa,

Are you wearing FF too? When I did the Monave b/a sticky, my skin was craving the Lumiere FF in just a day! Lauress didn't have that reaction- it felt great, just not quite the airbrushed look on me- I have too many flaws.

Added to the Glow Report- New Lumiere colors- Pure radiance, Innocence, Baby Face and Bronzers: Sun Kissed, Nude, Ambrosia, Sugarberry and California gold. I like the bronzers quite a bit because they impart more color and just a slight sheen for the most part, with Cailifornia gold being the most shine. I really like Pure Radiance too. Really can't beat Lumiere for price and quality combination!

Hoozey, thanks for the Lumiere swatches! What's your fave of your latest haul? What are Innocence and Baby Face like (not that I'm going to get them, ahem...)? I must have missed the Nude and Ambrosia bronzers too!

My favorite out of the haul... hmmmm. I like Pure Radiance because it is a peachy golden color that works well with my skintone. Innocence is a little light for summer. I was surprised that I liked Baby Face... it's a pale peachy pink but has like gold flecks to it be really pretty for fairer women or winter for me. I really like Sunkissed (it almost matches my skin perfectly) and Nude. Ambrosia is quite ruddy bronze. It gives the darkest color out of the ones I got.

Hoozey,

You look great!!! I am trying out the halo luminizer from Val and like it, it complements my cool skin well. It looks salmony pink in the jar but it doesnt make you pink at all, or at least not me, Im thinking of getting a fullsized one soon. Although I still have samples of satin sun and centerfold left to try.

And looking at your pictures I may have to try Lumieres. Natural radiance.

You guys are going to make me go broke :add_wegbrech: Raving about all these wonderful products. Oh well its so much fun. :rockwoot:

Thanks Hoozey! I didn't order Baby Face b/c I wasn't sure about the gold flecks. I have Sunkissed too and although I haven't tried it yet it looks very pretty in the jar, similar to MAD's Sheer Tan, maybe a touch darker. I still have a jar of EDM's Everyday Bronzer which looks pretty natural so I won't need anymore bronzers for a long time.

I have used the older line of JLynne Illuminizers for quite some time. I am hooked on sunrise it is absolutely gorgeous. They used to have one called Foxfire that they discontinued, when I heard it was going out I stocked up on it. But recently I got an email saying that I needed to use my birthday club gift cert. so I tried some of the newer illuminizers. I got Bronze, candlelight, Summer and Natural. These are even better than the original line. The candlelight and Natural are just gorgeous swept on the top of my cheeks and around the eyes. Summer makes an absolutely beautiful blush on me because I am so pale. and Bronze is a great all over color for me. I am hooked on candlelight, I get so many compliments on my beautiful skin whenever I use it!

I'm really hooked on Bronze but like you said Natural and Candlelight are gorgeous too. The other three blossom, lovely and summer are a bit too much color for my tastes. I love how they are almost like finishing powders- not too shiny at all.

Cynpat-

You need to do a photo here to show off Halo. I haven't tried that one!

I am an idiot!!:doh: I wrote that out of the last haul "Pure Radiance" was my favorite- so you'd think I'd get the NAME right... I meant Natural Radiance. It is made to dupe BE's Pure Radiance. Then I was browsing the Lumiere site and saw the name and I was thinking "OMG did I do all the names wrong?" So it's NATURAL RADIANCE.

Hoozey you have the most beautiful green eyes. I read somewhere on here where you said they were hazel but they sure look gorgeous green to me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> BTW I love the middle photo of you for sure in your post.

The middle picture was in my bedroom and the walls are this golden yellow so it imparts a more gold look to my face. My camera seems to turn me kind of pink because believe me, I'm "yella" skintoned! My eyes were really brown as a kid and just started turning green in my 20's. Ironically I wanted green eyes but now I am always noticing beautiful brown eyes.

Hoozey, not to worry, I knew what you meant! I love JL's Glows too. I have all of the Luminous ones and really like alot, and I think I have one or two of the originals, they have a bit more color and spark to them, but still very wearable.

You do have very beautiful green eyes! Isn't that funny, I knew that you meant natural radiance too cause it just would fit better with warm tones. I like that one too Hoozey and you are our residential glow expert :laughing: ! Reading the boards I see that there are a lot of cool or neutral toned people but it seems that way more of us women are yellow toned which is exactly what BB sais! You would think then that more companies would gear up a wide range of more true yellow toned foundations into their line.

Thanks about the eyes and the glow expert. I always say that I just want my skin to look like my teen daughter's. Your making your own minerals so intrigues me- I am definitely going to venture into it next winter. Right now I have the windows open and I can just see a big mess of dust flying everywhere- plus my hubby has spent the winter drywalling the basement and once he's done that I am responsible for priming and painting and helping him tile a couple of rooms. I'm a do it yourselfer but like I said, now is not the time to start mineral makeup making.

I agree with you about how we golden gals weren't really a factor in regular makeup. I think that was quite a big reason why I embraced MMU so quickly because we are a big slice of the pie. I also like that with MMU you can easily mix or layer foundation to get all those intermediate colors between winter and summer tan. So long as it is only a shade or two.

You make a good point about the powders flying everywhere. You have to wear a mask and the powders fly even when in the processor or grinder. There is a lot of clean up too that was Cookies big complaint. My side was hurting and I was in tears laughing with her about the mess the whole time.

Back