Glow report- Illuminizers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
, LThanks for all the birthday wishes and compliments, Ladies. I honestly think MMU is a large part in how nice my skin looks. Trust me, the befores aren't so great. It's a tribute to MMU when people compliment my skin because it really isn't flawless but with MMU it is effortless to achieve the look without any downsides. It feels like nothing, protects with some SPF, seems to actually improve skin texture, and makes me look (and feel) better. :ven: Every photo I see of someone wearing MMU at MuT it's "Gosh, she's beautiful and has perfect skin" not "Nice makeup."

Just saw something on a study where people equated discoloration to being older moreso than faces that were wrinkled but clear of discoloration. I think that's why I get carded, MMU evens out my skintone so naturally. The illuminizers just take it a step further by giving me that glow that is natural to youthful skin.

Happy Birthday! I just bought MAC SHimpagne and I'm dying to try it. I have never used a higlighter before.

:thrashi:

I dont know why I used this smily, just like it, I guess - lol

Alright, I guess I need the Queen of Glow's help (Hoozey). The more products I buy, the more confused I get. I have a couple of questions.

1. If I have Val's Centerfold, do I really need Satin Sun? Is there really a color difference on your face since you need so little?

2. Products that I have. BE Warmth (rarely use), BE True, Lumiere Clear Radiance and Val's Centerfold. Yes, I know that Warmth is not a illuminizer. If the illuminizers have some color, do I do away with the Warmth? I guess I get confused with the all-over-face colors like True, then are you suppose to put the illuminizer on top of an already sparkly powder?

The amount of powder I'm using is mind boggling. SPF, powder primer, green corrector powder, foundation, concealer, Well Rested, all-over-face powder, mineral veil, eyeshadows, eyebrow powder, blush, illuminizer. Whew! My husband says that our bathroom looks like a small chemist lab.

Hi Stashblaster!

You don't HAVE to have Satin Sun. LOL. I just like it because it is a warmer shade- a peachy color which just warms up my face. A color like Centerfold lends a bit of a cool tone to my skin which actually looks nice, especially in the winter. The difference is very subtle. On my skin Satin Sun is like my skin with a glow, whereas Centerfold actually adds a little pink hue to it.

I am not an all over face color person. I had True, Glee, Warmth and really only wore Glee and that was as blush really. I thought True was a bit to sparkly. I do the illuminzer as my last step. I do foundation, blush, eyes (usually trying to even out my brows takes me the longest. LMAO) SPF (sometimes I apply first) Sometimes silk powder and then an illuminzer. (I stay away from too sparkly blushes so that I can always control the glow.)

I have many many powders-- the ones I use most are in a small traincase makeup organizer that fits in a deep drawer. The less used colors (hundreds of eye colors- scary huh?) I store in a semi-clear plastic thing that is really supposed to be for fishing tackle. It has 4 long rows that e/s fit nicely in- all lined so I can see the colors. (It's my grown up crayon box.) I store this in the cabinet under my sink... don't want the hubby too aware of all my powders.

this is helpful, have you ever tried aromaleighs illuminizing finishing powder or luminesce divine finishing powder? I got a sample of the latter in "cherub" and wasnt too crazy about it. I guess I havent found a good illuminizer yet.

When I ordered the True, I had no idea that it was sparkly, so I pretty much start on both checks so I don't have too much sparkle all over my face. That is the trouble about living in small town America. I probably would have never considered it had I saw it at the BE boutique or Sephora. Sometimes I have such a let down when I get stuff in the mail. Right away, I know it's a color I won't wear. I had two deliveries one day and I only kept a couple of things and my 20 yr old got the rest. She was thrilled being the typical broke college student and I was happy for her that she went back to school with some fun stuff.

Hoozey, I guess I'm going to have to take a hardware trip or to Walmart. I'm keeping my powders in two baskets and I have to move them around to find the color. Some of the train cases that are on this site is amazing. I want to keep things simple. I don't want to have to wheel my makeup out of the closet every morning though.

I also live in a "non-metropolis". I got True back when I started BE but never used it much because of the sparkle. I give away the products that aren't me- I have gotten 6 SIL, 3 friends and my 13 yr. old daughter hooked on MMU- so there always seems to be someone that can benefit from a wrong color pick I've made. I am getting better at picking from my computer monitior/ descriptions- Last e/s haul was 10 out of 11 winners.

I received my order from J Lynne that included sample of 6 luminous glows. Haven't had time to review them but will definitely post when I've done my "research." Got e/s too- think I am going to like them.

Hoozey, do you have Halo from Val? Have you ever sampled it? I don't think I saw it on your list and I am curious about it. Wish I'd ordered a sample w/my last order!

Ruby-

I haven't tried Halo. I just ordered full sizes of Satin Sun and Centerfold (knew I was going to love them and didn't want to mess with samples.) Still loving them. I am sure that I will get halo eventually. BTW my J Lynne samples came today- 6 new glows for me to review- when I get time. My mom is coming tomorrow and hubby returning from out of town business so I will be too busy to do a proper analysis. Early next week maybe??? I have a comforter to finish for a client too and also some decorative painting on some stools for my kitchen... I get less done since I found this place. Hmmmm--- wonder why? Get pulled into Lilita's "vortex of online shopping." :rotfl:

Hoozey, you are too funny & busy! Now that I live out in the sticks, mail is delayed!!! We ordered from J LYnne on the same day and of course I don't have mine yet. Can't wait! Among other things I ordered the illum group, and the blush group. If you can find the time, you'll have to post your thoughts. Have fun

Excellent review Hoozey. Thank you also for the swatches and comparisons. I'm sold. :laughing:

And BTW. Girl I honestly thought that you were in your 20's!!! No Joke!!!

Hoozey, you are a busy woman! I can't wait to hear how you like the JL Glows and if you ever get Halo you'll have to review that one too! I hope you are having a good weekend. We are finally starting to "warm up" (40's) here and it feels so nice not to have to wear 4 layers!

The Aromaleigh Illuminating Perle Powders are really nice. I have Icandesce, Illusion, Kindle and love them all. I got the mini jars 1.5 yrs ago and they are practically full. I find myself going back to them as well as the Illuminator Finishing Powder quite often. They were one of the first ones I tried on my MMU quest for the HG of all mu and I think the illuminators are up there with the best.

Happy hunting my fellow down easter

I haven't tried aromaleigh illuminizers. Ruby told me about trying J Lynne. Anyone else that has a favorite glow please let me know. I am always up for trying more. :add_wegbrech:

Hoozey, I am anxiously awaiting your JLynne Illuminizer report - I have a B-day gift certificate from them that I'd like to use on illuminizers but it would be nice to have your advice first!!

Back