Glow report- Illuminizers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do the tarte gel blushes stay on longer than mineral blushes? my blush always wears off by the end of the day, or even after a few hours, when the rest of my makeup is intact, and i hate it! blush makes me look ALIVE or else i just look like a ghost. lol. it completes my look i think..along with some gloss. and i hate when it dissapears!

The tarte gel blushes are gel based and once theyset up, seem to stick on me. You'd look great in dollface- but probably want a little more umph with ittoo. I put it on and then just run a finger over the top of either flush or blushing bride and apply that to the apple of my cheek to give it umph because it is a really sheer pale pink.

Periwinkle sky applies mineral blushes wet so they stay. I don't require that because I have dry skin and MMU just stays put on me.

thanks for the tip, yeah im definately gonna get some of those..but yeah, my skin is pretty dry/normal and it just dissapears! hm, ill try applying wet also.

Hellomindy....I love the smell of the Tart gel sticks- I use flush - a pretty med pink/berry

i love scented things..and they look so cute. but i think it will be a while before i spent that much on blush. i want to try them though.

Thanks for the tip on applying illuminizers! I usually stay away from cheek stains and stick to powder blushes because I have oily skin. You? No cheekbones? I can see prominent ones in that avatar of yours! You can also try contouring if you want more pronounced cheekbones (I use MAC Refined Golden bronzer to contour - and yes, I also use non-MMU makeup).

Honestly, Aileen,

The "cheekbones" you see are totally faked. I have used Mad's sheer tan as contour- it's a sheer brownish color (not orange) and works quite well. I don't use a lot of non-MMU- tarte blushes, lip stuff and mascara are the only ones I own that aren't MMU. If you ever buy Milan, you need to get the gelle drops... they make any mineral pigment into long wearing liner. Stays intense. Plus you can get double duty from a color- darker as a liner and then dry for contour.

I'll have additions for the Glow report- got some on the way from Lauress and new ones from Lumiere.

Thanks Lilita! :laughing: Hubby was away on business all week and came home yesterday so I did my makeup a little more dramatic for his return. I am thinking about changing it again today. I found the best room for doing pictures in my house finally. Some rooms have too much going on in the background, my masterbedroom is a golden wall color and it affects the colors, kids' TV/extra bedroom has neutral and plain walls and not too much light... my camera seems to wash out my skin- I am not so pale as some photos have shown. I never knew I'd be thinking about stuff like this. :rotfl: I just think the posts with the photos are the best- seeing colors on skintones tells so much more for me.

What a lucky guy!! Did he notice? (wink wink nudge nudge)

I agree!! I get shy about posting my pic sometimes, so I understand about the hesitation people have about posting photos... but ultimately, so much more helpful and inspiring than looking at color swatches on the computer.

I have such a crappy camera and terrible lighting in my apartment. I may be able to get more color-accurate photos if I stepped out onto the street in the bright sunlight, but I'm not sure I want to do that... I think most of my neighbors work from home too.

Yep he noticed and he appreciated it too. He's a lot of the reason I am so in love with MMU. He always notices when I put makeup on and says how beautiful I am. :love5:

I understand the picture taking issue. I am ususally the photo taker, not the subject- so that alone takes some getting used to. Then I have this "wonky" eye thing in some photos... my husband jokes about pictures with my "glass eye."So glad I have a digital-- easy to delete those ASAP! I don't think I'd be brave enough to do outside photos... I'll use the excuse that too much light washes out the colors in my camera. Definitely don't want the neighbors thinking I am totally narcissistic or something- trust me, I actually venture out with makeup and in my housecoat some mornings- usually to deal with my insane dogs. I appreciate your posts with photos!

Got my JLynne illuminators yesterday and am in love!! I got bronze, candlelight, sunlight and neutral. Can't decide which I like best though...

YAY! So glad you are liking them. I will definitely be ordering a full size of the bronze- I have been wearing that a lot lately. Enjoy deciding which is best!

ADDED LAURESS LUMINESCE THOUGHTS TO GLOW REPORT see beginning of thread- These are super light, feel like finishing powder, and give just the tinest bit of glow. Anyone afraid of looking too shiny should really look into these!

I did smokey mineral eye tut for those requesting it about eye look in the new avi.

Oh gosh! With all the rave reviews on J.Lynne illuminizers, I'm kicking myself for not getting some with my last order! Hoozey your report always gets me all giddy to order more illuminizers. So can you say the Lauress Luminesce is different from the rest of the illuminizers because it's not that glowy? If that's the case, then it's tailor-made for me!

Absolutely! They really feel like a finishing powder, that super soft, silky can't even feel them. The glow is so subtle that I don't think anyone could ever apply too much and look too shiny. I think these have Periwinkle Sky written all over them. My recs for you- Glisten and Lustrous (it has a bit of a bronzing effect on my skin right now that I am so pale.)

Try the J Lynne Bronze too. They are less glowy than Satin Sun. The Bronze is an awesome color for golden undertones! It is more brown gold than say Satin Sun from Val. I think you'll like this a lot because it is less glow too.

hoozey i probably have read this somewhere or it's said somewhere but do you use a primer on your dry skin? every time i use one it seems to make the foundation "flake" but im sure thats because im not using a good one.

Mindy,

I sometimes use Serious Skin Care's A-primer- I try to get it when HSN have a sale or pair it with B-glow. I have tried Smashbox but don't like it as well and it's more expensive. Honestly with dry skin, I find that just using the right MMU helps the skin and then I don't need a primer at all. I use Lumiere FF and it has improved my skin where a month later my skin was in better condition and when I applied Monave for a b/a it went on so much better than before Lumiere. I am also finding out that less everything works better. So I am trying to do more simple skincare and use oils rather than a bunch of chemicals.

Back