Glow report- Illuminizers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoozey your swatches and pictures are fantastic. Thank you so much! You guys are all so helpful with guiding us all toward buying the right product for ourselves. Thank you so much!

Edited to add in to Lilita, what a great thing for us is your foundation chart. Thanks a million to you for sharing that.

Yep! I think MMU is a lot of the reason I look younger. I wish I had it when I was young like you! Glad you like the post and find it helpful. Thanks for the compliment. I feel younger than 39 too... at least most days. :laughing:

Hoozey, are you wearing the Elemental in all three of these pictures? They look great, if it is the Elemental...I have to have it!!! You look great in all of the pictures...I can't really pick a favorite...they all look equally beautiful!! I'll try to get around to posting some pics too...I'm so un-photogenic, I hate it!!:sleepyhead: But I do want some opinions on a few things, so I will get around to it soon...I hope you're wearing the elemental cuz that's another one that I have high hopes for!! :rotfl:

Sunny-

All those photos would be in Lumiere FF l-m golden. It's what I always return to although in summer I find the Warm (Med and Med-Deep) to work better because the Med. Golden is a bit olivey and I just get tan with golden undertones.

I don't like pictures of myself. I think it's because we are used to seeing the reflection rather than our real faces. I love when people post pics because it is so much easier to convey info about skintone and look. There is a pic of me in Elemental in the b/a sticky. I am sure everyone is sick of seeing my mug but like I said, I think the photos give so much info to others.

I so agree with you about the reflection thing. I often think, do I really look THAT bad? I looked fine in the mirror..

ditto to that!!! :rotfl:

Hoozey, well then, I correct myself...you look great in the FF and I can't wait to get mine! Like I said already, I'm not thrilled with the Luminesse, it's ok but I'm not sure if it's HG material for me. The FF def make you look flawless, can't see any of the pigmentation-thing going on at all...why is it that the Luminesse seems darker than the VV (can't compare with the FF yet)? anybody??

You actually look great in the pictures, I look so weird!!! I hate looking at pictures of myself, I really feel like, " why do I look like that in the pic but not in the mirror?" It's so bad that I posted a pic cuz I wanted you to tell me if the l-w luminesse was too dark for me but ended up taking it down:moa: . Partly cuz I looked so dumb in it but also cuz I didn't post a before pic for you to compare with... I'll have to get some "balls" and do the b/a thing tomorrow cuz I do want some opinions on my undertones. And BTW, has anybody ever told you that you bear an uncanny resemblance to Jamie-Lee-Curtis? (love her). I'm pretty sure that I can safely say that nobody is sick of seeing your "mug", you look great! :glasses:

oh and I forgot the point; which was that I loved the "innocence"...I mean I love the "innnocence". I'm def going to order f/s of it, but I'll wait for my FF samples cuz they should be here tomorrow, and I have a good feeling about it!! I hope I love the FF as much as you do.:rockwoot:

Thanks Sunny-

I feel like with FF it doesn't necessarily hide every imperfection but it definitely blurs the edges so that it is less noticable but I don't look like I have too much makeup on either. Luminesse is definitely darker than FF too.

I was not excited about posting a before- notice I don't do it every time? :laughing:

I hate looking at pictures of myself too because I am used to reflection vs. photo. The other thing is that sometimes in photos I get "the glass eye" as my darling hubby calls it. Don't know exactly why but it does look like that.

My MIL when she met me for the first time thought I looked like Natalie Wood. I have never gotten Jamie Lee Curtis until now.

So glad you like the Innocence! :rockwoot: I have to scat. My daughter has to be somewhere almost now.

this is so helpful, thank you! wish i read this when i ordered monave from a seller...

the first time i got the dewy finish of monave foundation i dont think ill ever be into matte again... unfortunately im afraid im having some breakouts with monave ill have to try illumizers. I believe i have a yellow undertone... ive tried some of be but they are too white form me...whats the best that you can recommend

Is there a "Dewey" foundation in Monave?? I didn't know that.

Oh now I see it, it's in the regular formula duh!

I am so happy this became a sticky because everytime I need to read about Illuminizers, I have to do a search and sometimes I have a hard time finding it. I finally bookmarked it, but with all the mess in my bookmarks, I still couldn't find it.

Thanks Dayna for all the reports. I do hope you would try Aromaleigh's Illuminizers one day. They have free shipping on samples and the minimum order is only $10 ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. LOL. I bet you knew that already, but I was just trying to enable you. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have stopped purchasing glows since I started making my own- I know I should try Aromaleigh's but I'm having too much fun coming up with my own mixes. :laughing: You know YOU could post your thoughts on them--- I would love to see others post their glow collections and thoughts. Since when is my opinion on glows the definitive word? Get those swatches up!

Hooze I just found out that some of Lumiere AOC's have avena sativa in them. The ones that do not have it are Soft Radiance, Summer Warmth and True Radiance. Haven't you noticed breakout's with yours? I remember you broke out from the avena sativa too.

Sheikah,

I haven't worn a Lumiere AOFC for a while- once I made my own, they soon became my favorites. I did break out from the avena sativa in the foundations but haven't noticed anything from the Veena blushes or AOFC... maybe because there's a layer in between? I definitely broke out the worst from the VV- probably the concentration is much higher. I just made 3 more glows Friday :rockwoot:Totally addicted to them.

Hi Glow lover! you're trying pretty much to gain a glowing skin of 13yrs, though you're at 39. Keep trying... Actually this is a cool vibe going on these days to look younger than your actual age. And why not after it's all about our look...

Latest posts

Back