Glow report- Illuminizers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thanks anyways! you've got me into wanting to try illuminizers as wel..i ordered the monave one you reviewed with a few foundation and blush samples

lol! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thank you for the help, ill try those.

Thanks for the illuminizer reviews. I've just started using them, so it was very helpful. I have samples of Val's Satin Sun and Centerfold and really like them a lot.

OK- Monday morning and I got my mom off for home, kids off to school, hubby off to work and house back in order after the weekend. Next thing on the agenda was editing the "glow report"- so I put my thoughts on J Lynne 6 luminous mineral glow powder thoughts up in the original post... I thought it'd be better to keep everything in one place, so you could compare swatches and photos. Means going back to page one but keeps the "meat" of the post in one place. Hope you enjoy. Thanks Ruby for turning me on to J Lynne---Bronze will be a full size next time... and maybe natural too, and... BTW I am in love with the coffee collection of e/s I got (6 samples) and at least 1/2 will be full sizes in my collection. :yahootongue:

Hoozey, so happy to hear that you like JLynne! I kinda thought you would, but you never know. Thanks for the review-it is so comprehensive and a "go to" for anyone researching glow powders. Also, thanks for putting up the swatch of MM Pretty in Pink. It looks great on you and it something that I now must order! Hope that you have a great week!

Ruby-

Hi. I think you'll really like MM "Pretty in Pink"- the color is really intense (a little scary) in the jar but if you just use the dust that clings to the lid it gives an awesome flush of pink to the cheeks- and it stays pink. With our yellow undertones, don't you find a lot of pinks "turn?" You have a good week too.

Hoozey, yeah it does look scary on my screen! But I totally trust your reviews so I'm going to go for it! Did you get any other blushes from MM? How is their shipping and c. service? It is hard to find the right pink, that is why I have so many in my drawer! Oh, did you see the new stuff Kim put up at Lumiere? Some of those blushing bronzers are so beautiful! I'm definitely ordering Spiced Apple and Sugar Berry, along w/a couple samples of the new foundation.

Shipping is so fast considering they are in Alaska! I have gotten both orders within a week. Customer service seems great because Candace posts here and seems to really care about her customers. She is working on more lighter colors for Asians. (I am not of Asian decent but I find my match in this catagory because I have those yellow undertones.)

Haven't had a chance to get a peek at the new Lumiere stuff... I know I will buy. Been too busy catching up on the stuff here to go to Lumiere yet. :rotfl:

Wow that is fast, I didn't know they are in Alaska! I'll be ordering from them this week too. Just placed my Lumiere order................

Just placed my Lumiere order too... Of course I got the new foundation- mid sized jar - got mid sized jars in 2 of the new illuminizers, and then a bunch of samples in all those new e/s (got samples because I am so running out of room for full sized from them... already bought 21 full sized e/s from them) and samples of all the bronzers and the pinker illuminizer (baby or something like that.)

OK funny story. My hubby is pretty much a manly man so the other day at work he walks into another employee's office to speak to her and sees her and another employee talking over these "little jars with black tops" (his words) and he says to them "Oh, you aren't talking about Bare Escentuals?" Their jaws hit the floor and then there were all these questions from them. He starts saying stuff like "Yeah, it's good for your skin and so natural looking and doesn't FEEL like makeup" They are flabbergasted then demand how he knows anything about this stuff. He says "Oh my wife found that stuff YEARS ago and I hear WAY too much about it from her. More than I ever want to know about makeup." Then he says "She found that there's some ingredient in BE that makes some people itch. She started having that so she found a new brand and it's WAY cheaper." They wanted to know the details but of course he couldn't tell them any more. I think he stopped listening when I said "It's way cheaper" anyway. If it makes me happy and it's cheaper, that's a win-win in his book. :roflmao:

Dayna- you are undoubtedly the Queen of Illuminizers. Thanks for the informative post! I love Satin Sun as well!

Hoozey sounds like a nice haul from Lumiere! The story of your hubby is so funny and cute! He probably wouldn't appreciate this, but he is very knowledgable about MMU! My husband doesn't say anything either about my growing collection of jars either, except that he notices that they all look a little different. He's not here when the mail comes either, LOL! I just got my barefaced minerals -shipped from Florida on Sat, and got it in NY already today! Talk about quick! I wasn't expecting it and I was so happy when I saw that package in the mailbox!

Ruby- Like my hubby said- he knows more about MMU than he ever wanted to. I talk about it so much with his 6 sisters (got them all addicted)and sometimes even directly to him about how much I love MMU. :smile:

Aileen- I am glad that my report is useful. I know it's nothing compared to your contributions. I love your blog, your posts, they are so informative! If you like Satin Sun and want a glow that is a little softer, you may want to try J Lynne Bronze. I am really liking how that one just morphs into my skin. J Lynne would be awsome as mixers in setting powders since they seem to have a super subtle glow.

Hoozey thanks for the detailed information!!! Will save me a lot of time and money on sampling.

Hoozey, I have gotten one of my SIL's into MMU and a couple of friends too. Working on some more though. I have so many little sample jars around and that is how I get them to try it! Maybe your husband can start a support group for other husbands who have to "suffer" through their wives/significant others' MMU addictions!

Dayna- Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Because of your post I started ogling at the J.Lynne illuminizers last night on their site. I do want to try Bronze, it seems so pretty! What do you use as blush when you use illuminizers? I just realized that Lumiere's veena blushes work best with illuminizers because these are matte but the colors are very rich. I hoarded Kim's veena blushes to go with my illuminizers (I tend to get oily and using illuminizer plus a shimmery blush makes me look like a discoball).

I'd also be interested about the blush question - and also, do you all use illuminizers in place of finishers, or over the finishing powder and just on certain areas? TIA!

PS: placed by JLynne order with 4 illuminizers yesterday, can't wait for it to arrive :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you Hoozey for the excellent review on Luminators. I certainly will use this as a guide.

Aileen,

I try to use low or no sparkle blushes all the time. Believe it or not I don't like a lot of sparkle in blush. In the latest photos with J Lynne I was wearing Milan Pretty in Pink blush. It has a slight sparkle but the pigment is so intense that it takes so little to get color that the sparkles aren't too much. (I am talking the dusting that clings to the lid after I've even given it a tap.) I also use Tarte gel blushes (yep, non-mineral!!) in Dollface (light pink) Flush (berry red stain) and Blushing Bride (wine) They go on very sheer and really look like a flush from within and stay all day for me. Some people hate the feel of them when they first put them on and they have smell added to them- strawberry and cream, berries, etc. I endure that because it does look so darn natural. I don't have the gorgeous cheekbones you have- I just kind of have cheeks :rotfl: - so I try to keep my blush really subtle or else it looks odd. I wish I had your lips too. Mine are so thin- top one pretty much disappears when I smile.

I also really only apply illuminizers to top of cheeks and up around the eyes , a touch across the bridge of the nose, a sweep across the forehead... more by the eyes and maybe a breeze over the chin. It is usually my last step but if I've put on too much glow... I grab the finishing powder and brush that on to fix it. I never dip my brush in the minerals... just take the dust on the lid- I started leaving most of the clear adhesive on my sifters and only open a few holes so I have better control on the amount. Then I'll use like 2 or 3 pin head sized sprinkles.

Back