Going to try out Mineral Makeup...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/4 teaspoon. But they come in ziplock bags, probably why the shipping is for free.

I am mixed on this. I just gave my be minerals away (foundation) I love the way it looks when I put it on, it however did not last thru the day and ended up looking like I was wearing nothing within 5 hours. ( probably in reality a few hours). I do like the mineral veil and still use that and I love their eyeshadow glimmers. I used to use the true all over face color---WAY too glittery. gave that away too. If there was a secret to keeping the appearance of how it was when first applied I would never use anything else. Also my skin was in better shape when I was wearing that too.

Oh I was scared they were tiiiiiiiny samples! Well I just may have to order a couple colors! Thanks for the link!

Yes, I'd like to know more about Taylormademinerals too, if anyone here has used their products. How are lily lolo minerals Katie (I know you're having dry skin probs like me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) and how did you choose the right colour from their website? There are so many options!

Hello ALL!! I know all about the mineral makeup saga!!! I was on the same journey! If you REALLY like a liquid I LOVE the Illuminare' line. It is liquid mineral make up with all the good stuff and none of the bad. They come in a tube with sunblock in different formulas for different skin types and shades,the eyeshadows stay on forever and DON'T SMEAR! I used the blush from the tube on my lips and it worked great! Get a little darker than you think you would use, cause it runs a little light. They are really good about sending samples (generous ones) and their service is really fast. Because it is in a tube and a good consistency it covers ANY AND EVERYTHING! You can just go on the site for Illuminare. I tried the BareMinerals too and still do use them when I want a fast, natural out the door quick makeup. But I had the same problem as SO many other... the GIANT PORES!!! I found some solutions, One is to use a matte finish liquid makeup (like Illuminare) or a loose m/up that DOESN'T have Bismuth Oxychloride in it (that and a couple other ingredients give it the shiny, big pore look), The matte powder one I really like is Pur Minerals. It comes loose or in a compact and you don't need any "mineral veil" or finishing powder! Just tap what they call their chisel brush (which works really well) on your compact and you can mix it into the bristles in the lid before you apply. Then you just brush in on, they say in downward strokes, but I do it how ever I feel, and you are done. Depending on the type of concealer you use, you can use it before or after or use the compact as your concealer as well. I LOVE their lip colors and their split compacts with the blush and illuminating powder in one compact. They have one with a bronze color too. The OTHER thing you can do if you want to use your BareMinerals is do a mineral veil sandwich, which is dusting mineral veil all over your face FIRST, then apply your foundation, then mineral veil again. It works GREAT in the summer or in humid areas, AND HELPS SOLVE THE "PORE" PROBLEM! Bare Minerals does have a really great line of colors! Beautiful blushes and lip colors. They have some really cool liner/shadows too. It makes it easy because you can use just one color for your liner and your contour shadow. I hope this helps. I beleive both other lines sell samples as well (loose). As far as Kabuki brushes, I have tried a bunch of different ones and got tired of paying so much for them, so now I use less expensive ones. I found one on HSN from the Lauren Hutton line that was only about $15 and it works great and is soft. I think Paula's Choice (paulaschoice.com) has a Kabuki Brush that is pretty good for inexpensive, and you might check Sonja Kaschuk's line of brushes at Target. I was having trouble with some of the good hair brushes I was buying getting scratchey. Good luck on your search!:icon_smil Chermarie

I used the Kabuki brush when I wanted a fuller coverage... and the flawless brush for light-med. coverage. For those not seeing coverage, are you applying pressure to the brush when you "buff"? When you "swirl", the minerals travel up the bristles, toward the handle. If you do a light sweep with the tip of the brush, you're not going to really get anything on your face. :satisfied:

You know, Urban Decay came out with a line of minreal foundations. I'm really curious to check them out, and I'd love to hear if anyone else has tried them yet!

Thanks for the note about J Lynne mineral makeup. I have never heard of it before and I will have to check out some samples. It is less $$ than what I am paying now which is ALWAYS a bonus! I have yet to find the HG of Kabuki brushes so thanks also for the studio brush at Target. I try a new brand whenever mine starts to get shabby, so I'll try that one next. I LOVE a big soft plumpy Kabuki!! They are the BEST for putting on powder makeup and feel so good on your face, it is addicting! I love reading these posts. I always learn something new each time! Thanks again!:clapChermarie

I love Urban Decay's mineral makeup. BE is too shimmery, and I am too oily. UD's is nice and matte, and really light feeling. I bought a kubuki brush at Target for 3.99, I think it is a studio tools brush. I bought the BE one, but I didn't like it, not the kabuki, but the applicator brush Leslie uses on the infomercial. The hair broke and I hate picking fur off my face. I have 5 dogs, so I get enough of that. I don't like the pouf on top of the container of the UD. I sometimes just use a Trucco face brush, I dab it into the powder, tap it and just rub it onto my skin.

What did you think of the coverage for the UD one? Is it sheer or a more heavy coverage?

Larenim.com has some great stuff and it's cheaper than BE (and no irritants in it).

Cool! Which colors did you get? I just ordered 10 samples, only 5 dollars and free shipping, incredible. I got:

Pearl - Soft, fine pearly white with light shimmer and a smooth finish

Thistle - Pale, floral lavender with heavy sparkle

Fields - Soft, pale yellow with medium shimmer

Fuzzy navel - Bright pastel orange with heavy white shimmer

Cosmo - Bright, elegant fuchsia, medium shimmer with a violet highlite

Aquatic - Sea green with medium shimmer

Peacock - Light teal with medium shimmer

Goldie - Yellow gold with heavy golden sparkle

Fiji beach - Reflective green blue with watery shimmer

Gala - Bright, fine gold with light shimmer and a smooth finish

My friend just purchased the mineral makeup kit from the TV informercial. I was suprised at the quality of the brushes from this $29.99 kit, and the darkness of the colors for Black skin. I read the label on the product, and was not suprised that it is composed mostly of corn starch. I use corn starch right out of the box with a brush over my regular make-up to seal and absorb all the oil. No wonder everyone likes the way it glides so easily. When I am out of foundation I will definitely consider giving it a try as well. In the meatime I will continue to do what I have had pretty good success with. I hope it works for you! Let us know..

After Glow:Bright, neon pink almost matte with low sheen

Bone:Very pale creamy yellow with low shimmer

Crush:Acid orange with very low sheen

Geisha:Bright, rich red with low shimmer

Shock:Bright electric blue with heavy shimmer and foil-like finish

I actually completely stopped wearing liquid & have been wearing MMU for weeks now. I cant believe I didn't do it sooner.

My sister put some of the BE MMU on me & I absolutely hated it. 1st it itched my face #2 It brought out lines that I didn't ever see because it dried up my under eye area.

Ive been using the Everyday Minerals & love it. The products don't contain bismuth which is the culprit to many skin irritations related to minerals.

As far as Kabukis I have no clue I havent found one I like but I am looking into the ultimate buffer brush http://www.essentialbeautysupplies.com/cart/index.php?pg=product&pid=1001

From what I understand the denser the brush the better coverage you get with minerals.

Back