Going to try out Mineral Makeup...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just convinced me to get samples of Everyday Minerals... :icon_smil I am bookmarking that brush too!

Def try samples I never would have thought my sensative skin could wear this stuff. I must say that I did order the orig glow & I think im going for the semi matte next time its a little shiny for me I think. Also the application does take some getting used to I didnt get the hang of it right away. Since your so good at blending you should have no prob ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am definitely getting the SemiMatte finish... With my slightly oily skin I need it!

The main thing ive learned is apply light layers until you build your desired coverage. Its very easy to use to much.

I bought samples on Mineral Foundation and the Finishing Powder from J. Lynne. I got the wrong color of foundation but I really like the Finishing Powder, it gives a nice finished look :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

lol, I never did! I ended up trying out MAC Face and Body foundation and I think I will stick with this for a little while maybe...it is much lighter in coverage and formulation than what I was using before.

I haven't had any skin issues while on it, so I think it is ok and won't break me out. I am sure I will try out Mineral makeup soon though!

Had my mineral makeover today at BE at the mall. I was reluctant, because I wasn't sure they had foundation for Black skin. (I get nervous about that since Sephora told me they didn't have any foundations for me....) Well they used the mineral called "Deep" which was one shade from the darkest they sell on my face. It was nice, light, and the finishing powder was the best ever. I didn't buy, and wore it around all day to see how I liked it. The MA dipped the brush in water before using the mineral under my dark eye area, I guess to give it heavier coverage. I would buy their stuff. It just seems to be so little product for $25...

I really like Bare Essentials (p.s. - they are having a TSV on QVC on May 5th) - be careful choosing colors though from them. I'm normally fair and though that "light" would be a good choice, but it was too dark, so I had to go to lightest one they had, which I think is called "fair" (which they say is for porclein skin), but it was perfect for me.

Also, their eyeshadows are great! Last week I tried "foiling" which is when you wet the brush and apply the shadow wet (more for a dramatic look) - it looked great!

Hope this helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i'm getting some samples soon so i'll let u know how i like it

i don't think it's expensive considering foundations cost $45 (for me) and concealer is another $30 .... and i've heard that it lasts a long time cuz u don't have to apply a lot

I have BE and didn't really like it either. Some days it looks great and flawless, other days my skin looks blotchy, shiny and pores HUGE. Just too unpredictable. I use it as a light glow powder sometimes now, since I don't want to just throw away $25. It doesn't do those things with a light dusting to get the glowiness.

Leila, I have been reading reviews, and it seems one of the best kabukis is one by Cat Cosmetics. If they are at Sephora, you should check it out!

Now I just have the Physician's Formula loose and pressed, and the loose is so much better than BE, it still has a slight glow, but nothing near BE, and it doesn't make my skin shiny or magnify the pores on my cheeks either. I think I am over the mineral makeup hype, I like how liquid fdtn. looks and wears.

i love liquid foundation too anne7

but ... my bf and parents think its bad for my skin

i realli want healthy skin :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used to prefer liquid until I figured out how to apply the minerals now I dont think Ill be going back to liquid unless my skin is so dry minerals wouldnt look good. But then again they have liquid mineral foundation now.

You don't use much so a jar really will last you a long time. You could look into the Physicians Formula loose minerals as a less expensive option. People seem to be liking them as much or better in a lot of cases, less shine.

I just ordered 20 e/s samples from taylormademinerals and some fdtn, brozner and e/s samples from bombshellbath. can't wait to try out mineral fdtns!

I got the samples I ordered from Taylor Made minerals. I love the e/s, but the foundation broke me out. I have scaly dry patches on my face--only in the places that I tested it, but still, not pretty. Guess that's one to scratch off the list.

i didn't order fdtn from taylormademinerals, as they don't have the right color, but thanks for the info! hope the bombshellbath won't break me out. Has anyone tried their shampoos? they have like 50 different smells

Funny, I never realized or tried to ignore that me skin itches too if I use the BE kabuki brush. It must be the texture of the bristles. Will be looking for a new kabuki brush.

Marilyn

Can someone provide the website for Everyday Minerals? I did a search but I couldn't find the exact website.

I use BE but I'm willing to try something different. I'm always looking for the next best thing.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Back