Golden Tote

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wel.....I wasn't going to get a tote this month, but then just got reimbursed for expenses today & have had a hellacious week, so did it. I usually have great luck selling things that don't work for me and recouping my "losses" or trading for items I do want. I really REALLY wanted the Garden Blooms dress but they only had a large left and I think it would be just too big. Hoping that because others snatched up mediums, more will be FSOT this month with the new tote coming in. 

Went with:

The Airy Pocket Dress

Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 9.23.23 AM.png

and the Summer to Fall Dress

Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 9.23.12 AM.png
Both of those are super cute. I feel like it's already starting to cool off here and the items still seem super summery to me so I think I'm going to pass this month...

i want the chambray polka dot and merrick blue swing dress, but i already got the stripped/navy shirt and the summer to fall dress. they are both out of stock which is probably a good thing. 

I wasn't sure if I was going to do a tote this month but I broke down and just got one!  I ended up ordering the Folklore Tassel Top and the Moroccan Maxi Dress.  I REALLY wanted the tile kimono but they are completely sold out, all they have is the red large.  I might end up getting two totes if they restock since that one is in the 49.00 tote as well.

Can't wait to see the surprise items!

Does anyone know how small the XXS small is supposed to be for the Merrick dress? I actually kind of want, so I might get the small tote... but they don't have measurements. I'm tiny, but I don't want the dress to be too big. sigh.

eta: it seems like XS is supposed to be 0 -- I frequently wear 00 for tops (which mostly the dress would affect). I'm sure XS would be fine so I'm waffling. :S

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone use this list anymore to discuss Golden Tote? Is there maybe a new one I don't know about?

Does anyone use this list anymore to discuss Golden Tote? Is there maybe a new one I don't know about?
I think this is the only one. There seems to not be much GT discussion on MUT.

I am mostly dying of curiosity to know what people get in their monthly selections and especially the recent Mystery Totes.

I am mostly dying of curiosity to know what people get in their monthly selections and especially the recent Mystery Totes.
Have you not joined the Facebook Trading Group? Tons of reveals on there. 

I ordered a Mystery Tote in medium on the 7th and have not received a shipping notification yet. I guess I was under the assumption that the Mystery Totes were packed at random and non-curated, so I figured they would ship pretty quickly. Do they usually take this long to ship totes? I know they state that they started shipping on the 15th and ship out in the order that they receive the orders, finishing either tomorrow or Friday. So I find it strange that I'm still "processing"...

@@jumpnshout5 they mentioned a few times in that Facebook group I posted that the mystery puella item would not be ready until the 15th and that's when totes would start to ship out. However, you should either call them (number on their site) and leave a message OR send a Facebook message. I wouldn't bother with emails. 

Yeah, I received my shipping notice on the 15th, like they said, but it didn't actually leave the warehouse until the 19th. It's due to be here tomorrow, so at least the shipping is quick.

So I did just receive a shipping email. But the link only says that the label was created. Hopefully it makes it way to me soon!

My medium MT just started shipping a couple of days ago … it's criss-crossing two countries, so maybe today (doubt it) or Monday.

My mystery tote arrived yesterday … I am SO relieved, I love all four items: Chunky Knit Sweater in grey & white, long blue "Super b" maxi, black & white paisley Cut & Sew top that will be perfect for summer, and the Puella tunic in black and white that feel quite comfy and will look great with skinny jeans or a snug litre skirt. Relieved and happy!!!

Anyone getting a Feb tote?? I am definitely getting the new Puella dress + one other chosen item (TBD). I am adding on the Wide Leg Jeans so I can return if necessary. The coloured skinnies are really cute, but I have a bunch already. 

Back