Goodebox - August

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep... In their email I posted above, they said they would ship between the 20th and 25th, works for me! I love this company 
heart.gif

I received my Goodebox!

1. (vegan) Arcona Cranberry Toner - 1oz $8.60 

2. (vegan) Lady Bug Jane Flavor Balm in Vanilla Cupcake - Full size included $4

3. Evolue Beauty Gentle Cleanser/ Makeup Remover - 1oz $5.75

4. Evolue Beauty Day and Night Moisturizer - 0.14 oz $11.20

5. (vegan) Arcona White Tea Purifying Cleanser - 0.11 oz $1.24

6. (vegan) Rare Elements Pure Shampoo Hydrating Hair Bathe - .7ml (x2 packets) I'm getting $0.96 for each packet, please correct me if I am wrong :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

7. (vegan) Rare Elements Essential Conditioner Reconstructing Daily Mask - .7ml $1.62

8. 'Member Bonus' - Two wooden handled lash and brow grooming brushes, plus information to receive a personalized skin care sample from the Evolue Collection.

Total Box Value excluding the Member Bonus = $33.09

This has been my least exciting box out of the 6 boxes I have received. I received the toner in my Sample Society box and traded it, I will trade this one as well. I think we all agree that packets are lame, and as I recall, these are the first packets I have received from this company in 6 boxes, so I'm not judging too hard on that unless they start to send them all the time. I will try the Evolue products, and can always use more lip balm..especially vanilla flavored. The brow groomers aren't very exciting, but I am without one so I'll put them to use. As always, I'm happy to see an absence of perfume samples. 

I got mine too. I'm okay with the contents in it. At least I didn't get a bar of soap. It seems like all my "all-natural" subscriptions gave a bar of soap this month. 
doze.gif

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my Goodebox!

1. (vegan) Arcona Cranberry Toner - 1oz $8.60 

2. (vegan) Lady Bug Jane Flavor Balm in Vanilla Cupcake - Full size included $4

3. Evolue Beauty Gentle Cleanser/ Makeup Remover - 1oz $5.75

4. Evolue Beauty Day and Night Moisturizer - 0.14 oz $11.20

5. (vegan) Arcona White Tea Purifying Cleanser - 0.11 oz $1.24

6. (vegan) Rare Elements Pure Shampoo Hydrating Hair Bathe - .7ml (x2 packets) I'm getting $0.96 for each packet, please correct me if I am wrong :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

7. (vegan) Rare Elements Essential Conditioner Reconstructing Daily Mask - .7ml $1.62

8. 'Member Bonus' - Two wooden handled lash and brow grooming brushes, plus information to receive a personalized skin care sample from the Evolue Collection.

Total Box Value excluding the Member Bonus = $33.09

This has been my least exciting box out of the 6 boxes I have received. I received the toner in my Sample Society box and traded it, I will trade this one as well. I think we all agree that packets are lame, and as I recall, these are the first packets I have received from this company in 6 boxes, so I'm not judging too hard on that unless they start to send them all the time. I will try the Evolue products, and can always use more lip balm..especially vanilla flavored. The brow groomers aren't very exciting, but I am without one so I'll put them to use. As always, I'm happy to see an absence of perfume samples. 
Goodebox just posted a notice on their FB page, stating that all subscribers will be receiving another item that was not able to be added to the boxes:

Hi folks. A quick update to let you know that all members who received the August Goodebox will be receiving one item separately, directly from Evolue Beauty, that couldn't be included due to a production issue.

(vegan) Evolue Beauty Must Have Body Treat Chocolate Scrub - Unsure of the amount as of yet, Full Size is $45

Thanks for posting! I think I should have gotten mine today as well. The status on USPS is "Out for delivery" but no box yet unless they're doing late night deliveries lol.

I got mine! Yay!

I admit, it's not one of my favorites, but I'm still relatively happy with it.

Link deleted per TOS

--PJammy

Originally Posted by PJammy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine! Yay!

I admit, it's not one of my favorites, but I'm still relatively happy with it.

I reviewed it Deleted per Terms of Service

--PJammy
Post your review here, the mods will delete the link to your blog when they see it....per the TOS

This box definitely looks 'meh' compared to previous boxes, but still more exciting (to me) than what I see in other sample services. I like the variety! Glad I stalked all the posts about the company and decided to sign up. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the lip balm in Orange Bliss, and I'm actually pretty excited to get brow groomers. I will put them to use for sure.

I signed up for Goodebox (thanks, scooby384)! Unfortunately, I should have signed up a few days earlier, because I won't get my first box until October. That's okay, though. I don't mind waiting! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I signed up for Goodebox (thanks, scooby384)! Unfortunately, I should have signed up a few days earlier, because I won't get my first box until October. That's okay, though. I don't mind waiting! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I hope you love it! 
beer.gif

I signed up for the August box. Unfortunately, I did not find much in this box to be excited about. My lip balm is Carmel Corn - yuck. I would have loved vanilla. The cranberry toner is okay - the bottle leaks - I have tried using the pop top and removing the whole top and it still leaks down the side of the bottle every time I use it. I will try the shampoo and conditioner packets but reaslistically I won't purchase them - I just do not foresee myself laying out $34 for an 8 oz bottle of shampoo no matter how good it is. I was really hoping there would be one makeup item. I'm interested to see what Evolue sends us. I emailed my skin concerns and I believe they are also sending the product that was not included due to a production issue. I'm kind of wishing I would have tried the Natural Beauty Box instead of this one.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will try the shampoo and conditioner packets but reaslistically I won't purchase them - I just do not foresee myself laying out $34 for an 8 oz bottle of shampoo no matter how good it is.
The shampoo and conditioner are AMAZING, but the price? Not so much. I'm enjoying this box, but the price tag on these items is a little too rich for my bank account.

This was my first Goodebox, and it was disappointing, especially compared to last months. I was very disappointed when I looked up the Rare elements ingredients online and discovered phenoxyethanol in the shampoo. I would never buy something with that ingredient, and am surprised Goodebox let it into their program!!! Makes me suspicious of the other products and what nastiness might be lurking. Anyone find the ingredients for the evolue products yet??

Originally Posted by Asparaggus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This was my first Goodebox, and it was disappointing, especially compared to last months. I was very disappointed when I looked up the Rare elements ingredients online and discovered phenoxyethanol in the shampoo. I would never buy something with that ingredient, and am surprised Goodebox let it into their program!!! Makes me suspicious of the other products and what nastiness might be lurking. Anyone find the ingredients for the evolue products yet??
I have not been able to find an ingredient list for the Evolue products. I was hoping to find it on their website but it appears that they are still working on it.

I am not a subscriber to Goodebox, but when I have a question about a product, I usually go to the Skin Deep Cosmetics Database.   http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/search.php?query=rare+elements While they rate Phenoxyethanol as a 4 (on a scale where one is clean and 10 is toxic) and list it as an ingredient in the Rare Elements shampoo, they give the the shampoo a one meaning it is very clean.  Maybe it is less toxic in hair than on the face?  Or maybe it is in a small amount?  I can't say.  The didn't list any Evolue products on their site. 

phenoxyethanol is a xenoestrogen, EWG is a great resource to use for research, but it is not the end-all. Use their info, but make your own decisions.  Avoiding xenoestrogens is a priority for me, they are readily absorbed through the skin, whether on the face or scalp.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Goodebox just posted a notice on their FB page, stating that all subscribers will be receiving another item that was not able to be added to the boxes:

Hi folks. A quick update to let you know that all members who received the August Goodebox will be receiving one item separately, directly from Evolue Beauty, that couldn't be included due to a production issue.

(vegan) Evolue Beauty Must Have Body Treat Chocolate Scrub - Unsure of the amount as of yet, Full Size is $45
Edit for the spoiler above, the item being sent separately is NOT the Chocolate Scrub, I asked them Via FB:

Your Evolue replacement product, which will actually not be the body scrub due to production issues (it's incredibly finicky to make), will be shipped at the same time as your Bonus sample. You'll receive an email today reminding you to re

quest your bonus sample, with a deadline of September 9th to email [email protected]. Both should be shipped some time next week, but we don't have a date certain. As a super small company, Jean is working as fast as she can to get the all made!

I emailed Goodebox about the Evolue ingredients and they obtained the info:

Gentle Cleanser
Distilled water, 20% cold pressed jojoba oil, beeswax, vegetable origin wax: stearic acid, glyceryl stearate; natural xanthan gum, Arginin, Sodium Benzoate   Day & Night Cream Distilled Water, Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, PCA‑Na, Saccharide Isomerate, Panthenol Vitamin B5, Vegetable Origin Wax: Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Esters, Sorbitan Stearate; Beeswax, Sodium Benzoate

Back