Goodebox - August

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone received their Evolue replacement product and bonus sample?
Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't gotten anything.
I got my 2 samples this week. I'm assuming one was the replacement and one was the extra. Did you email Jean at Evolue by September 9th with your 2 skin needs? If so, perhaps email Jean to see the status of the product.

I looked back through my emails. I emailed Jean at Evolue on Aug. 28 per the insert in our box. Thanks for letting us know you received the samples SeptEllis. So, what did you receive???

I looked back through my emails. I emailed Jean at Evolue on Aug. 28 per the insert in our box. Thanks for letting us know you received the samples SeptEllis. So, what did you receive???
Jean sent me a sample of Arcona Herbal Compound for acne and a teeny sample of RMS Concealer (which is one product I wanted to try for a while).

Did Jean respond to your original email?

Originally Posted by SeptEllis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Jean sent me a sample of Arcona Herbal Compound for acne and a teeny sample of RMS Concealer (which is one product I wanted to try for a while).

Did Jean respond to your original email?
No, I did not receive a response from my original email. I put "Goodebox Bonus Samples" in the subject line.

I emailed them my contact info on September 8th, and received an email from Jean Seo on the 14th.  She wrote,

"Hi,

I am sending you the Evolue Resurfacing Grains.   [SIZE=10pt]Make the grains into a paste with a little water.  Put on like a mask and when it's still damp massage it off (using upward strokes).  You should feel and see all your dead skin come off.  It's how French people used to exfoliate hundreds of years ago before scientists learned how to extract gentle acids and burn a layer of our skin off (commonly used is facials and peels such as Glycolic acid).  [/SIZE]

Enjoy!

Jean"

I received the item this Monday, the 17th.  I wondered about only receiving one item when I thought we would receive two items, but the item I received was huge for a sample.  It was probably half a cup of resurfacing grains.  I haven't tried it, but I am really looking forward to doing so.  I am fully satisfied just receiving that one sample.

Well, I forwarded my original email with an explanation that I was concerned it was missed. Gotta admit I am not loving Goodebox.

Well, I forwarded my original email with an explanation that I was concerned it was missed. Gotta admit I am not loving Goodebox.
It may just be an oversight. It sounds like Jean runs Evolue herself while creating her own products... perhaps she had a busy time when your email came through. Fingers crossed she'll get your email this time.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by SeptEllis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It may just be an oversight. It sounds like Jean runs Evolue herself while creating her own products... perhaps she had a busy time when your email came through. Fingers crossed she'll get your email this time.
icon_wink.gif
I agree....Goodebox has nothing to do with the extra Evolue items being mailed to us. I emailed my info when I received my Goodebox and never heard back, I'll just wait and see if anything comes. If not, It's cool....September Goodeboxes ship by Tuesday!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree....Goodebox has nothing to do with the extra Evolue items being mailed to us. I emailed my info when I received my Goodebox and never heard back, I'll just wait and see if anything comes. If not, It's cool....September Goodeboxes ship by Tuesday!
Well, I was going by the email we received from Goodebox:

Make sure to get your BONUS sample request in by emailing [email protected] by the end of Monday, 9/9/2012, or you'll miss your chance! They will ship directly from Evolue, along with the replacement item for the Evolue Chocolate Body Scrub, within a week. Questions about what's best for your skin? Ask Jean!

I would disagree that Goodebox has nothing to do with it. I would not have emailed Evolue if Goodebox had not instructed me to do so. Also, one is a replacement item and the other is an extra item.

I wasn't concerned until I learned others had received replies to their original emails and had received their sample(s).

Well, I was going by the email we received from Goodebox:

Make sure to get your BONUS sample request in by emailing [email protected] by the end of Monday, 9/9/2012, or you'll miss your chance! They will ship directly from Evolue, along with the replacement item for the Evolue Chocolate Body Scrub, within a week. Questions about what's best for your skin? Ask Jean!

I would disagree that Goodebox has nothing to do with it. I would not have emailed Evolue if Goodebox had not instructed me to do so. Also, one is a replacement item and the other is an extra item.

I wasn't concerned until I learned others had received replies to their original emails and had received their sample(s).
I say if you don't hear back from Evolue, let someone at Goodebox know. I've gotten the impression that Goodebox's CS is pretty good, and I'm sure they would be unhappy to find out subscribers didn't get what they were promised. I don't buy the "Jean got busy" excuse at all since she would have known to expect the rush of emails - if she's backed up on production, it doesn't take a whole lot of time to create a form letter and copy-paste it to replies.

Both Evolue products have beeswax!? How did that slip by into my vegan box. Not cool. I told them I was okay with beeswax this one time and wouldnt want it in any future box. Time to send an email. 

I agree this was my least favorite box yet. I was so uninspired to even write a review. But I got more excited once I got the evolue extra products. 

I got a huuuge sample of their resurfacing grains and another sample of the day and night cream. 

Can anybody find any place to buy the evolue products? I just want to get the pricing info for the resurfacing grains. 

Can anybody find any place to buy the evolue products? I just want to get the pricing info for the resurfacing grains. 
You may need to write Evolue. I had been checking their site for info on other products and didn't find anything descriptive on ingredients or pricing. There is a comment on the site about calling or emailing to purchase products. Free shipping for orders over $100

BTW, I did not contact Evolue after my initial email, but Jean emailed me last night to let me know she was going to send me a sample of her resurfacing grains. So those of you who are still waiting for something should get something eventually!

Just received an email from Jean (I submitted my info 8/27), she's sending me the grains and another sample of the day/night cream. I would have liked to receive something other than another sample of the day/night cream, but it's good stuff so I'll take it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got the ingredient lists for the two products and the pricing.

Day and Night Cream for Oily and Acneic Skin Ingredients: Distilled Water, Vegetable Origin Wax: Glyceryl Stearate; Sodium Hyaluronate – Byotech Extract, Sodium Benzoate.

Resurfacing Grains: Oat Protein, Wheat Bran, Nonfat Milk, Magnesium Carbonate.

All Day and Night Creams are 1 oz and $65.

Resurfacing Grains are 110 grams and $42.

Sooo my resurfacing grains are up for grabs since they contain milk. I received 39g of the stuff so a big sample.

Back