Goodebox - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received the lilac gloss also - not a color I can wear. Even my daughters did not want it. Color aside, the gloss seems fine but nothing I would seek out. I do love the geranium body lotion and the bamboo towel. I would buy the lotion if the price wasn't so high. I checked the website link on the Goodebox site and it is 20 pounds (32 USD) and the shipping was 24 pounds. I also saw that they carry it at Neiman Marcus for $48. I received the hair oil - haven't had a chance to try it yet. The deodorant . . . is very pungent. I'm having a hard time wearing it because the scent is so strong and did not dissipate until the afternoon. I was helping a little boy at church on Sunday and he told me he did not like my perfume (he was noticing my deodorant)! This is the first natural deodorant I have tried that seems to really "work" but the scent is too overpowering for me. Maybe I am scent sensitive. I've tried the Juice Beauty moisturizer before and I did not care for it but my daughter loves it so I'll pass it on to her. The GF is great - hope to have a chance to check out the website soon. What did everyone else think of this month's box?

I got the lilac gloss too. It's not a horrid color on me but not the most flattering either. I tried it on last night, and I REALLY like the formula. It's smooth and not sticky, more of a liquid lipstick than a gloss. I might have to order one or ten.

I received my Evolue samples today....38 days after I received my Goodebox and emailed Jean. Not crazy about that collaboration. I got the huge 4 gram tub of resurfacing grains and a small schmear of day/night cream. Haven't tried the grains yet, anyone receive them and try them? What did you think?

I received the Evolue resurfacing grains a couple of days ago too. I was going to post the directions for use that were emailed to me in case anyone needed them (they were not on my container). "I am also sending you Evolue's Resurfacing Grains. Make the grains into a paste with a little water. Put on like a mask and when it's still damp massage it off (using upward strokes). You should feel and see all your dead skin come off. It's how French people used to exfoliate hundreds of years ago before scientists learned how to extract gentle acids and burn a layer of our skin off (commonly used is facials and peels such as Glycolic acid). If the paste dries add a drop or two of water as it works best when paste is damp. This will be good for scars as new skin is good skin, and it's great for your elbows and knees too. " My guess is that Evolue worked backward and the people who emailed in the first week were the ones who received their product last.

^ That might not be a bad assessment. I was late in emailing Jean (I think one day before the deadline) and I had received my Resurfacing Grains and some small bottle of moisturizer a couple of weeks ago. I didn't really feel my skin 'needs' were considered; I wrote that I was concerned for sagging skin around the eye area. 

Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone tried the Resurfacing Grains?
I have, and I loved them....they are a little awkward to use, takes a little trial and error, but they made my face feel amazing! I'm using up a LUSH fresh face mask right now, but when that's gone I will use the grains once a week until gone and see what I think.

Sweet! I tried to cancel last month but got charged anyway. I'm not complaining - I've been thrilled so far with the samples!

Got my October box today:

♥ Sawy Boheme Summer in Spain Whipped Cocoa Butter♥ Anatomy Revitalizing Dead Sea Mud Mask♥ Eve Organics Beauty Mineral Foundation, Mineral Blush, and Mineral Setting Powder♥ Sugared Beauty Happy Face Foaming Scrub Cleanser♥ Celtic Complexion Calming Serum â™¥ Clairvoyant Beauty Balancing Rosehip & Hibiscus Serum(full size)

[SIZE=15.555556297302246px]Individual pics are in my blog if anyone wants to see it. [/SIZE]

I received my box yesterday.  I am very happy with it!

LOVE the smell of the Savvy Boheme!

Be careful when you open the little attached jars, because two of my three were not sealed inside. 

I think I may have received a different Clairvoyant serum.  Mine said it was especially for older, dry, stressed skin.
You are welcome to PM me if you want to trade anything.  Thanks!

Got mine too and loving it! What great products and value here!!

Has anyone tried the Sugared Beauty "Happy Face" scrub cleanser yet? Is it supposed to be hard? Mine feels like a a solid block. Not sure if its meant to be that way. 

Originally Posted by SeptEllis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got mine too and loving it! What great products and value here!!

Has anyone tried the Sugared Beauty "Happy Face" scrub cleanser yet? Is it supposed to be hard? Mine feels like a a solid block. Not sure if its meant to be that way. 
Hi! I just got my first Goodebox today! I got that in my box and used it this evening. It was a little hard, but not so much that I couldn't push it around with my fingers to get a tsp worth out easily. I was reluctant to use it on my face since it's primarily oil, but it was great! My skin felt soft and not oily at all, although I did not need an additional moisturizer, either. I have combo skin prone to breakouts, for reference. I really liked it!

I also LOVE the  whipped cocoa and shea butter . The smell was like orange-flavored chocolate (which I LOVE), and it felt awesome going on. I will say, I did look and feel a little like a greased pig at first, but it soaked in quickly enough. I think the fragrance was what I fell in love with, to be honest, but I enjoyed using it. I definitely ate some orange dark chocolate after applying. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi! I just got my first Goodebox today! I got that in my box and used it this evening. It was a little hard, but not so much that I couldn't push it around with my fingers to get a tsp worth out easily. I was reluctant to use it on my face since it's primarily oil, but it was great! My skin felt soft and not oily at all, although I did not need an additional moisturizer, either. I have combo skin prone to breakouts, for reference. I really liked it!

I also LOVE the  whipped cocoa and shea butter . The smell was like orange-flavored chocolate (which I LOVE), and it felt awesome going on. I will say, I did look and feel a little like a greased pig at first, but it soaked in quickly enough. I think the fragrance was what I fell in love with, to be honest, but I enjoyed using it. I definitely ate some orange dark chocolate after applying. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Woot!

Originally Posted by Dalisay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my October box today:

♥ Sawy Boheme Summer in Spain Whipped Cocoa Butter♥ Anatomy Revitalizing Dead Sea Mud Mask♥ Eve Organics Beauty Mineral Foundation, Mineral Blush, and Mineral Setting Powder♥ Sugared Beauty Happy Face Foaming Scrub Cleanser♥ Celtic Complexion Calming Serum â™¥ Clairvoyant Beauty Balancing Rosehip & Hibiscus Serum(full size)

[SIZE=15.555556297302246px]Individual pics are in my blog if anyone wants to see it. [/SIZE]

Looks great! Can't wait to get mine.

Back