Great Highlighters?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i looooooove MAC vanilla pigment. i use it on my cheeks, cheekbones, brow bones, down the bridge of my nose, chin, cupids bow, inner eye, collarbones......wonderful!! i also use Burt's Bees Radiance body lotion mixed with my foundation if i feel so inclined. i'll usually do that for an illuminizer/concealer under my eyes if i feel i've got some dark circles goin on. or i use the lotion on it's own on my collarbones, down my shins when i wear dresses.....etc.

I only own 2 highlighters that have been actually mentioned already (The Balm MaryLou and Benefit WattsUp) and I like them both, I tend to use the Balm one with mineral foundation and the Benefit one with cream foundation or by itself.The staying power is very nice with both.

Another one that I LOVE and has not been mentioned is Smashbox Artificial Light luminizing lotion. I got 2 samples of that in "glow" a while ago and it is great. It gives a fantastic sheen without any glitter and it is very easy to blend. The only reason why I did not buy it yet is that whenever I have sampled it at the shop, one single pump release way too much product so I am afraid I would end up waisting 2 thirds of the all bottle
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Tulipp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've compiled the list of all the highlighters that were suggested in this thread so far, keep them coming if there's more!

I am looking at each and every single one of them reading their descriptions and prices, i'm considering a lot of these :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

This list might help others who are possibly looking for highlighters, like I am! 

Here's the list (so far): 

Elf - Luminous Bronzing Powder

Elf - Blush in "Gotta Glow" Benefit - Watts Up Benefit - Highbeam 

Benefit - Moonbeam

Bobbi Brown - Shimmer Sticks NARS - Copacabana

NARS - Albatross TheBalm - Mary Lou Manizer Too Faced - Candle Light Powder MAC - Vanilla Pigment

MAC - Soft and Gentle Skinfinish NYX - Mosiac Powder in Highlighter stila - All Over Luminizer  stila - All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten Hourglass Illume - Bronze Light Duo Fyrinnae - Highlighters  
LOVE the list. Now I have something to do this weekend lol

Alright here are some of the ones I own that I like, I will leave out the ones that I am not crazy about

- Dior amber Diamond

- Mally airbrush glow highlighter

- Revlon age defying spa liquid illuminator

- Physicians Formula beige pearl 

- Bare Escentuals pure radiance

- Bare Escentuals feather light mineral veil 

- Estee Lauder Tom ford collection face highlighter in 01 coquilee

- MAC MSF in Semi Precious pearl

- MAC MSF in Blonde

- MAC MSF in redhead

- MAC MSF in Porcelain Pink

- MAC MSF in semi precious rose quartz

- Bare Minerals clear radiance

wow writing all those out really makes me realize how obsessed I really am. GEEZE!

For creamy highlighter I would recommend MAC Pearl, for powder higlighter I would recommend DIOR Amber Rose, this powder is a combination of 4 different shades, from medium pink to almost white/pink color. It provides very soft and natural illuminating effect, nothing dramatic.

*edited by mod - link removed for over promoting*

Hi Ladies - seeing how we are on the topic of highlighters - can anyone suggest a good brow-bow/inner corner highlighter. something that really pops (not glitter though).

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A good dupe for Highbeam by Benefit would be from mememe cosmetics

Other good highlighter are from Fyrinnae and their powder highlighters.

I hate shimmer bricks since they contains shimmer and shimmer usually to me is similar to glitter and just to "chunky" the face most of the time looks likes it was dipped in glitter 
hahaha.gif
sunshine.gif

Originally Posted by Illussoire /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For creamy highlighter I would recommend MAC Pearl, for powder higlighter I would recommend DIOR Amber Rose, this powder is a combination of 4 different shades, from medium pink to almost white/pink color. It provides very soft and natural illuminating effect, nothing dramatic.

*edited by mod - link removed for over promoting*
I gotta try Dior's Amber Rose looks promising :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Apply the brightening tint to highlight the top of the cheekbones or brow bones, on the cupid's bow of the lips and wherever else you need some gleam power or add a few drops to your foundation for all-over luminous glow!

I prefer High Beam. I also like to use Physician's Formula Mineral Glow Powder in Translucent Pearl. Both products are great by themselves, but I usually combine them.

I don't have any personal experience with "Watt's Up!" but I have heard good things about Benefit. Also heard good things about their Moon Beam product.

Has anyone tried NARS highlighting blush? (removed link per Terms of Service)

I've been on the hunt for a fabulous highlighter. One that would make my cheekbones glow but will not be obvious or sparkly or, god forbid, glittery. I am happy to report back that I have found my miracle highlighter.

I've been wanting to try YSL's new Dare to Glow in Tempting Gold, however, I fear that it might look obvious on my very fair albeit warm skintone. Insights?

Back