Gym Membership: How much do you pay?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gym is part of a community college and I pay $320 per year. It has an Olympic size pool with sauna, tanning, massage service, babysitting, all the cardio and strength machines you can think of, plus the following Group exercise classes: Group Groove, Group Kick, Group Centergy (Yoga/Pilates), Group Step, Group Power (Weight Lifting) and Group Ride (Spinning). If my whole family were to go it would be $525 per year. Pretty good investment, even if I only go twice a week. Since I have been a member for about 3 years can not recall registration fee but it was really reasonable, in the area of about $50 (one time fee). Hours are excellent as well, opens at 5 AM with classes during the week, closes at 9 PM. Weekends are 7 AM to 5 PM with classes too.

I pay $48 per month at WOW! Fitness. No registration fee. They have tons of classes and really good hours.

$15 a month, but our gym is here at work and includes nutrion and personal training. The funny thing is, I used to pay close to $150 a month and never went to the gym, now I pay 10% of that and go all the time!!! Go figure

my MOST favorite gym i ever belonged to - clubsport of pleasanton - was $75/month per person (we started at 50/month), and when they raised to double $150/month, i just couldn't do it anymore.

it's funny- now i belong to a bare bones gym - express fitness... at $12/month per person, and $3 a day for their daycare service.

before we had a rock wall, a boxing ring, machines with their own private tv's, wet & dry saunas, tennis courts, racquet ball, you name it, they have it- this place was SWANK... now we belong to a place where we have to bring our own towels! hahaha

but at $12, i am not going to complain! but i do dream of my old gym.

I don't go to gyms, but I do that know the cost will be much lower if you make a full payment instead of monthly.

gym membership in australia is a lot more expensive. I work at a receptionist so I dont sell memberships but i do know about them. If you're joining a gym, they will sometimes cut down or remove the joining fee in an effort to close the sale with you. Also ask them about corporate rates. If you work in a reasonably large company they may have a corporate rate with the gym.

There are heaps of different prices depending on many different options here, so I couldn't even estimate a price.

I go to Planet Fitness. I pay $15.00 per month. That includes unlimited tanning.

I go to L.A fitness. It's 150 dollars for registrations and 35$ per month.

ballys i pay 150 a year cuz its my moms and then my bf got me a gym membership closer to home at an all ladies gym for 50 a month....

ETA: my bf goes to LA Fitness

I hear you on the gym prices seeming cheap in the US!

I'm paying $65 a month at GoodLife....I have paid up to $100/month for a swanky gym that wasn't all that after all....

I think the way to go is to find a community center. A lot of people don't even know they exist, and even if you don't live within the municipality you can get a non-resident rate. I was paying $45+ for YMCA/month and paying up front for the year to a community center that was WAY nicer ran me $19.80 a month!

I pay $20 montly at Gold's Gym. I was paying a little over $30, but when my membership came up for renewal they were having a membership drive and I was able to get the lower rate.

I go to 24 hour fitness and its $40 a month for an all gyms membership and 30 for a single gym membership on the student rates. I love the All gym one, its so convienent.

About $60/month for Fitness Edge. It's a really nice gym tho, with great hours and infinity amount of free classes, sauna, free training session, stuff like that. I go almost every day too so I think it's worth it.

I used to be in Bally's which was about $50 a month, then I used to pay like $30 a month at Lucille's (only went for the gym classes) then I stopped going completely...lol. So now my lazy butt needs to hit the gym again!

60 a month for a 24 hr gym. VERY nice gym =) I can go to any of the locations and they all have pools and some even have the outdoor pools.

also my gym at school is free, i like going there before class but i refuse to go there at night. LOTS of scary people in detroit. I literally RUN to my car after each night class.

Back