Hands aging faster than the rest of me!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by **Jen** Lea, I bet you are being too hard on yourself. Aww, thanks sweetie. I probably am, but I still neglect my hands (I daren't even look at my feet!). I've been searching for a handcream with SPF in it and have eventually settled on a Boots No.7 one that seems to be doing the trick.
I know what you mean about the gloves though, they never stay on my hands for longer than 5 mins before they annoy me!

In my winter time i love to use L'occitane shea butter hand cream,..this still the best becouse work best on my skin,...i always use them before sleep and in morning i see my hand still moist,..soothing,..and soft,..before i use nivea ,..Molton Brown,...but not better as L'occcitane one,...

love for packaging too,..
icon_biggrin.gif

regards Kaori,.japan

There is this anti aging line that claims the reason they found the formula was looking at sake makers hands (which were unaged). The line is called SKII (sk2.com). It is really expensive to get the original anti aging but my mom got it and likes it - she doesn't rave about it -. The story is online I'm sure. It's a whole skin care line for the face and body but the lady at the counter put the serum on my hands and said she uses it on her neck and hands because those are her problem areas.

I just saw your post about hands looking older. I read something WONDERFUL right here on MUT a few weeks ago and my hands have NEVER been softer.....and I DO mean never. It is SO simple and CHEAP. I did as was suggested here and just put a few drops of olive oil in my hands and just enough sugar.....just plain table sugar......with it to rub together and cover my hands. I then put on a pair of surgical gloves.....those clear ones you can get for 10 cents....and left them on overnight. WOW!! My hands stayed soft for DAYS. Now I will never use ANY expensive creams or lotions again to get soft hands. .......well, I will keep some in my purse for touchups and such......but this will KEEP your hands soft. And, HEY.....I'm 62. Try it, you'll like it. (NOT being 62.....the olive oil and sugar
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)

Originally Posted by Lealabell Okay ladies, I freely admit that I negelect my hands much more than any other part of my body. This means that they look older than the rest of me.
What can I do to give them a special treat?

I don't want to have a manicure (because that means a beatician telling me how bad my hands are and trying to sell me stuff).

I just want good honest advice, and recommendations of a good handcream.

Actually, I've foudnone that I really love. It's Aveda's Hand relief, their Foot Relief cream is great too. I love skincare that smells nice and a lot of Aveda skin care smells lovely.

I use a mild scrub on my hands twice a week and rub shea butter or a multi butter (handmade) into my nails every morning as well as before bed. I then follow with a rich hand cream. I also take care of my nails..filing, buffing etc...

I have the same problem, but seriously, get the mary kay satin hands set and use it once a week or so...it'll make your hands soft and exfoliate like nothing else. For a handcream thats affordable and is really great if you wash your hands a lot, (except when you use the 4 step mary kay thing), is gold bold ulimate healing lotion. Its lovely!

I love & use L'Occitane hand cream & their body cream - its fabulous (wouldn't be caught dead without it)

I keep hand creams on my desk and use them a few times a day. I also have cotton gloves that I will put on after slathering hand cream on.

I try to put hand cream on every time I wash my hands and that seems to help a lot.

I wash my hands so much during the day so my hands can be very dry if I don`t use tons of hand cream!I agree with Trisha on the night cream!I use a rich cream every night and it helps!Good luck Lealabell!!!

My fave hand cream is The Body Shop Hemp one, the smell is a bit strange but its really moisturising even after washing your hands!

Hi everyone. I am new. I have heard about a great anti-aging hand cream on QVC. It is from Joan Rivers and is called "magic hands" or something like that. I have an order coming now. The cream is suposed to fade age spots (which I have from the sun) and exfoliate and moisturize. The woman is in her 70's and her hands are beautiful and look younger than mine! I am 40...ish LOL. that sold me since there is no such thing as a hand lift obviously. Anyway everyone that called in on the testiomonial line just raved about it so I thought hey I will give it a try. Just thought I would put my 2 cents in. HTH.

Originally Posted by 2timesover Hi everyone. I am new. I have heard about a great anti-aging hand cream on QVC. It is from Joan Rivers and is called "magic hands" or something like that. I have an order coming now. The cream is suposed to fade age spots (which I have from the sun) and exfoliate and moisturize. The woman is in her 70's and her hands are beautiful and look younger than mine! I am 40...ish LOL. that sold me since there is no such thing as a hand lift obviously. Anyway everyone that called in on the testiomonial line just raved about it so I thought hey I will give it a try. Just thought I would put my 2 cents in. HTH. welcome to MUT!
i didn't realize taking care of your hands was so vital. i knew it was because of course, it's your body, but i didn't realize you need to take care of your hands as much as you take care of your face, let's say. this thread was helpful. thank you!

yeah...the tip about taking care of your hands like your face was definately helpful, and i am going to try and do that now. i was sitting next to my mom today and looked at her hands then looked at mine, and sadly, mine looked almost as old as hers. wake up call!

Try the baking soda exfoliation. Simply mix about a tablespoon into your hand cleanser or some lotion and massage gently. Do this on a regular basis. I use raw shea butter on mine. It goes on oily and then evaporates, leaving your hands soft and silky. If you can't find the raw butter purchase a product with shea butter high on the ingredients listing. This trick works for the entire body!

always apply moisturizer on your hands, morning and night like you would with your face. i use nivea Q10 anti ageing hand creme with spf, it is good and very moisturizing.

Well...

It might be lame
wacko.gif
but I was told that if you put a ligh coating of vaseline on your hands at night and cover them with gloves that after a short amount of time, they'll be softer and smoother (more youthful looking).

There is a product that i've used recently by Avon. It's an intensive moisture hand cream. After using it once there was a very noticeable difference.
satisfied.gif

I dunno maybe i'm a little vintage but I truely enjoy their products and

Avon promises that If you are not happy with any purchase, just return it for an exchange or your money back.
icon_smile.gif
No questions. No fuss. No problems. You don't need to contact a rep cause there's 3rd-party shipping available.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Back