Hannah's Accutane Log

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOWW =O ur skin looks so smooth!!!! n good job for sticking w/ accutance despite all the side affects!! So what are u exactly using after it?? anything in paticular??

I'm approaching the end of my course and I cannot believe the difference it has made. I was quite lucky with the side effects (just dryness) but I cannot wait to be done.

Has anyone got any guidance on appropriate skincare products when I finish taking the pills? I am thinking of splashing out on some high quality stuff to keep my skin looking great. I've used Yonka and loved it but wonder if anybody has any other suggestions?

Nubia, just wanted to add that your dermatologist is probably waiting to see how you react to it. If a lower dose works for you, that's the best way I think!

Thanks everyone! =]

Still clear! Today is a good day!

I've just been washing my face with Cerave cleanser (similar to Cetiphil) morning and night and using Dove Deep Moisture Moisturizer. At night I use Persa Gel (off brand...exact same thing 2 bucks cheaper..hah) on my cheeks. About once a week (ish) I use baking soda, my cleanser, and warm water as a scrub. And that's all! It's Great! Pictures eventually...sorry...

Thanks for reading and commenting!! Good luck with everyone thats doing Accutane!

After reading your log, I am definately making an appt at the Derm to discuss Accutane. I can't wait to see your latest picts!

Also, does anyone know if there is any difference in the generic and the brand Accutane? Does one give less side effects, etc?

Hazellboo

Hazel, have a talk with your pharmacist. He/she will help you with those kinds of questions at no cost to you. Accutane, generic or otherwise, has a lot of side effects so you want to make sure you fully understand the medication from a professional.

Hi,

I saw my Dermatologist today and she decided to put me on Differin Gel, Duac Cream, and Bactrim for 3 months first. I was kinda happy, because I really am scared of Accutane.

The only thing is Im not supposed to use my glycolic peels with the Differin Gel. This is upsetting because the peel I did on Monday has really made a difference in just 4 days!

Im also going to wait to take the Bactrim antibiotics and the Duvac cream because I've heard bad things about Sulfa drugs, and the Duvac cream has benzoyl peroxide, which I hate. I hoping the Differin works on it's own.

I also have Tamanu oil coming in the mail soon.

Hazellboo

Good luck everyone!!! It's so worth it

still cleearrrr!!!! =]=]=]

Im a fan of persa gel. although i save a whole entire dollar with the off-brand. =]

now i just wash my face and go!! (with a light layer of persa at night when i feel like it or remember)

Originally Posted by HAZELLBOO /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,I saw my Dermatologist today and she decided to put me on Differin Gel, Duac Cream, and Bactrim for 3 months first. I was kinda happy, because I really am scared of Accutane.

The only thing is Im not supposed to use my glycolic peels with the Differin Gel. This is upsetting because the peel I did on Monday has really made a difference in just 4 days!

Hm what you´re actually supposed to do is lay off the Differin for like 2 days before you do a peel. I`ve read that in an article by a dermatologist as well as done it myself. I have used Differin for almost a year now, and my glycolic peels are 40%.The peels actually make following treatments more effective, since the layer of dead skin cells is being removed by the peel. So whatever you use afterwards (well, not directly afterwards of course. But you can use Differin 1-2 days after the peel) will penetrate the skin better.

Also, if you´re a regular Retinoid user, your skin will benefit from the peels much more, as Retinoids kind of "thin" the skin anyway, and speed up micro-exfoliation.

Btw, I have actually had great success in fading my hyperpigmentation with MaMa Lotion (do a search in this forum, there are a couple of threads on it already). For some reason the Glycolic peels kinda stopped working for me after a while, so I switched to MaMa for a while, and now I´m also using the Glycolic again.

And my skin is finally much more even toned now! yay

Thanks, I will try that if/ when I go back to my Differin and Glycolic. (Prayerfully, I wont have to!!)
smile.gif
I just got my ANSR system in the mail yesterday and I'm trying that. Hopefully it will work. I posted another thread about it. Search ANSR acne on makeup talk.

Back