Hannah's Accutane Log

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loreal - I would say you're safe on the weight gain front, when I was like 3 months in I was up like 25-30 pounds! So if you're not noticing any extra lbs, Id say you're good :)

And yea, my skin has stayed clear! I mean of course I get a pimple here and there, but not the all over ACNE I had. I do notice that my skin is pretty dry since I have used it (it used to be SUPER oily), but this could be due to just getting older, and well, I live in Arizona so its basically like the dryest state in the U.S haha

Since using it, I just make sure to keep up on getting all the make up off (I wear a LOT of make up) I was using this cleanser basis for a while, but just recently switched to this dermologica brand (at ulta) and I LOVE it! my skin is pretty dry and it seems to be one of the only things that makes my skin feel really clean and fresh without feeling tight and flakey

But yea, I think after your skin will stay clear. Everyone I know that has done it got rid of the acne!

thanks so much for the help!!

I got 50 pills today for the start of my 4th month! Only 50 days left!! Big time!!

DAY 105- Its gone fast! My face looks good today! I can really tell a difference now. I'm praying that it will stay clear, at least for a veryyy long time : /

Routine: (sorry i have typed this a million times, but its just for me to be able to see what I have done over the course of the treatment... =]] )

Morning:

Wash with Dove Moisturizing Bar

Dove Deep Moisture Moisturizer with SPF 15

One 40 Mg. Claravis (one in the morning and evening on weekdays, and only one total on the weekends)

Makeup: (on my face... not eyes)

Max Factor Pan Stick

Mary Kay Blush

Loose Power

Evening:

Wash with Dove Moisturizing Soap

Layer of Vaseline

Neosporin on spots

1 40 mg. claravis

All the time: Aquaphor=my life...<3

Shampoo:every now and then i use a medicated shampoo for flakey scalp

normally i use pantene moisturizing shampoo. I opened several Vitamin E tablets and put in my shampoo.

Eye drops are key. My eyes get really really dry and itchy. some of it is allergies, but even before this awful weather, they were dry.

Lotion for my body: suave moisturizer

Sometimes I use neutrogena healthy glow scrub wash on my face. I love it.

Hello!

This is an interesting thread.. good that your skin is getting better.
smile.gif

But I have a question, do you get regularly blood check ups?

It's recommended here to get a check every month, because accutane can harm your liver and it should be monitored, if i remember correctly.

The side effects it can have don't sound amusing, I'd be kind of scared to use it..

my scalp is flakey and my hair is dryyyy as well! im just using the normal shampoo, do i need to change to other shampoo?

Basement Cat: I had to get one blood test at the beginning of my third month. The results came back great, so my derm said I wont have to do anymore. All derms are different though, but just make sure and ask if it is absolutely necessary, and then if you dont have insurance that covers they tests, make SURE and ask if all the tests they are making you take are absolutely necessary, because those tests can add up and sometimes the derm doesn't think about that, and some of the tests could be eliminated!

BronzeChiqz- its not important to switch or anything, but I have found that the anti-dandruff shampoo, i just use the off-brand =], using it just once a week or so helps my flakey scalp stay under control. You could break a few vitamin E tablets with a safety pin and squeeze them into your regular shampoo and that has helped alot with the dryness for me. =]

Thanks for reading!! =]

Hey Loreal,

thanky you for your answer.
smile.gif

But actually I haven't Acne myself, I'm just an interested cosmetician.
wink.gif

(Just finished school and don't have a lot experience with Acne yet.)

It's interesting to read this thread, i'm always interested in how things are in other countries..
smile.gif

i started taking 10mg of Accutane. Let's hope it works but OMG are my eyes getting quite dry. holy cow. eye drops are my new best friend.

vickih- haha, yes, they quickly became mine too. 10 mg. isn't very much... are you really tiny??

tiny, you mean in my size and weight?

ooh.. no..
smile.gif

I don't have alot of acne, but I'm at a point that my skin doesn't react to anything else that we have tried that is why she put me on accutane.

I think she wanted to start my off on a lose dose for the 1st month to see if I had any side effects. So far so good.

The best thing though is that I have less of a shine on my face. woohoo!

Originally Posted by Loreal /img/forum/go_quote.gif vickih- haha, yes, they quickly became mine too. 10 mg. isn't very much... are you really tiny??

Welll... i forget what day im on ..... i just got back from mexico and while i was there i had a small breakout on my left cheek (very inconvienent when there are no mirrors or makeup or anything) but its pretty much gone now. today is a pretty good day.

I have two and a half packs left this month and and then one more month to go. overall i have had hardly no side effects. Dry skin. Thats it. LOVE IT. It makes me sooo happy. =]]

Same routine.

Song: You are my joy by david crowder band.

OK I'm freaking out. I've been on it now for almost 3 weeks, and I've had 2 bad breakouts on my chin. YOu know the kind that are mean and nasty and take forever to go away. I'm getting frustrated. I have another appointment next Friday, so maybe she'll up the dose.

I'm also noticing that the joints/knees are seriously hurting. BUT I read someone's post that when you take an OMEGA3 with the accutane, it helps, and I have to say it's much better. But I can still feel the achiness. I hope things get better.

: (

Don't get frustrated yet. I know I did... but mine is just now (at the end of 4 months) starting to consistently stay clear. Even the other day i had a small crisis on the side of my left cheek...sweet.haha. but stick with it and don't get worried about it. actually when i got my dosage upped the first time is when it really freaked out.

but im sorry your joints are hurting!! that is the worst! mine did that at first but now its calmed down quite a bit. I haven't ever taken omega3, but i say give it a try! hope it works and hope you feel better soon!! good luck!! =]

I have about 25-30 days left.

Right now the only thing bothering me is my back still. I play volleyball and after a game or practice I'm dying... but other than that and some chapped lips, this whole thing has been absolutely beyond worth it.

Start of last month pictures

BOooooo... can't get it to turn. Sorrry.

Looks like your skin is doing great! I was on Accutane during my SENIOR year of high school...had blood tests every month. My skin got ridiculously dry, it was crazy! But, I had beautiful skin the month after I finished treatment!!!
smile.gif
I still have moderate break out skin now, but overall pleased. If I had to do it again though, I would have to seriously consider...Accutane is not the best for the liver and I had a couple depressed episodes. Just thought I'd share! Glad your skin is doing great.

Goodluck to the rest who have started using it!!!
smile.gif

I have 9 pills left! YAYYYY! =] It's gone super fast. Thanks everyone who read my log! Thanks for the advice, tips, and encouragement. Much appreciated.

My current routine is:

Morning:

Wash with Dove Moisture Bar (I have decided i don't like this method as much as using a pump cleanser...i worry about the bar of soap having germs that im rubbing on my face!)

Dove deep moisture moisturizer

40 mg. of Claravis (Accutane...generic brand)

Night:

Wash with Dove Bar

Thin layer of Vaseline

neosporin on the bad spots

40mg. of Claravis

My derm. said i have to have one more blood test, which we are going to do soon, and then I'm done! He said he would give us a follow up plan, which I'm not really sure what that entails... but whatever.

Side effects: (Overall...)

Sore joints, achy back (boo.... =[ )

dry, scaly hands

dry lips

dry face, but not too bad

This is super weird, but my derm had to give me medicine for my TOES!! Isn't that odd? I went to Mexico, and they started hurting like they were ingrown or something, then they started randomly bleeding on the edges, so we told the derm and he said it was an accutane side effect...odd.

I am more tired/drained of energy than normal...

I used to run alot, but during accutane, I couldnt...I would run a mile and almost throw up!

And that's pretty much all my side effects!! nothing too awful at all! So i would totally do it again!

Here are pictures: (ten days left until I'm completely finished) This is with no makeup on.

I knew someone who took Accutane and it REALLY helped him. I'm actually thinking of going to a dermatologist myself to see if it's right for me. Good luck to you!

Definitly go see what your derm says...even though accutane is realllyyy expensive (ask for the off-brand) and there are side effects, its SO worth it.

Thanks!! =] I have 2 1/2 days left. WOO HOO!!! =] My skin still pretty much looks like it did up above, so i will post pictures in about a month, which is when the derm said that all the redness will fade. Thanks everyone for reading my log!

Back