Hannah's Accutane Log

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 21. Finished my 2nd pack of pills. 10 left in this month. Still using eyedrops, that shampoo, dove moisturizer and soap. Now at night ive been putting vitamin E on my face...i heard it is supposed to heal scars, and i also like how it moisturizes. any thoughts on this?

i can sort of tell that its beginning to work. I'm excited!! I will post pictures at the end of the month.

as for the dryness, my arms have these icky flakey patches that im putting aquaphor on, and my lips are dry unless i use aquaphor all the time. Dry scalp. Other than that, no real side effects. YaY!

Day 26. Nothing has changed really. dry skin on my hands, like red flakey patches, my hair is still flakey, I'm still using that anti-flake shampoo. Eyedrops are my best friend. I just use the off brand... its not medicated or anything. I can't really tell a huge difference in my skin. There have been a couple new bad spots, but nothing too awful. Its like its a good day before accutane. So i can handle it. Going to the doctor on Wednesday. Pictures soon.

Hope everyone had a good week!! =]]

Question. I was looking at this one girls accutane log on a different website, and her face got even better like one month after she finished her course. Any experiences with this or did everyones get the best at the end and stay that way?? (sorry that question didn't really make sense, i wasn't sure how to word it. haha)

Day 28- it seems that when i do get new bumps, they heal a little faster than usual. still using everything the same, except no more vitamin E on my face, too much hassle. back to vaseline. the backs of my hands are really dry, my lips get dry and crack and sting without aquaphor, but nothing else seems to be very dry. not sure if thats good or bad. I can tell a definite improvement in my skin. Its not like CLEAR WOO!! haha but its improving slowly. I'm still cautiously optimistic. My back has been hurting lately though.. its really odd, and really hard to explain how it hurts, its not like a normal backache in one spot.. Im not sure if its the medicine or not, b/c none of my other joints have been hurting... idk...

I'm glad you started this thread Loreal. Lots of great information.

I was on accutance twice. Three things I noticed:

1. My night vision was terrible

2. I had to stop wearing my contacts the first round. My eyes felt like there was sand in them - VERY scratchy!

The second round I could tolerate my contacts.

3. My eyes were very sensitive to the sunlight.

Did anyone mention not to wax anything while on Accutane? Waxing will actually tear off the top surface of the skin, as well as the hair - you'll look like you have a rug burn where you waxed.

When you finish your Accutane, it will be well into spring. You will love your non oily summer skin.

Interesting so far lol. I just want to point out with BC, not every brand will work for you, some may very well make you break out more or gain weight or get all emotional lol. My doctor gave me lots of samples and I settled with Alesse, its all about what works best for you, so just saying, its a pretty good option to keep in mind
smile.gif
Hope this Accutane stuff will work out for you, it would suck having to go through all that dryness and crappy side effects for nothing
frown.gif

DAYYY 30!! WOOO!!! Last pill tonight!! I went to the doctor yesterday, and he changed my dose to 2 pills a day on weekdays, and just one pill a day on weekends. Im not sure if its going to stay at 40mg. or not. AND...he informed me I had to have a bloodtest?!? He never mentioned this before. Im nervous.
frown.gif

The skin on my arms is the dryest, the backs of my hands are like scabbing they are so dry, and my arms are like flakey. Dry lips... nothing too bad yet. Its probably going to get a lot dryer with the new dose.

Thanks so much everyone for your help and encouragement!!
smile.gif

This months pictures:

Sorry the first one is a little blurry.

Gosh! hugeness! siccckk... sorry i can't figure out how to make it smaller...

Thanks!! =]

OH NO!!! fasting!!!! I CANT DO THAT!!!! haha. maybe i will just go get it done first thing in the morning.

Yeah he was trying to explain that I have to take a total of 230 pills over a 5 month course and it doesn't really matter how i take them, thats just how its easy to remember. i could take one a day and it would work, it would just take forever, 230 days... make sense? It didn't totally to me, but w/e. haha. thank you so much for all your help!

Oh okay, thanks so much for answering all my questions! =]]

Im paranoid about missing a day, just because i want to get it over with faster!!!

Hahah, yes, love those good questions... "what type of birth control are you currently using?" uhmm... Im 15??? Haha.

I was on Accutane for about a year. The year was horrible. My skin was peeling off everywhere, I sweat immensely, my back had horrible pains and sleeping didn't come easy. But I will say that drug changed my life. I had cystic acne all over my face, chest and back. But after they year my face was transformed, now I only get about 2 pimples every now and then. Accutane is hard while you're on it, but be ready for the payoff. Keep lots of lotion, drink lots of water, and remember lots of chapstick. Dandruff will come as well so try to get some prescription dandruff shampoo from your doctor if you can. GL I know you will love your face soon enough!

Ugghhh... LONG story but I slept outside last night (by choice..haha) and did some tumbling stuff (which isn't like a first time thing) but today I am so stiff and sore... I think my joints are hurting b/c of the accutane...

so i took my first pill of month 2 today. Some pharmacies only have the real brand, or the generic is more expensive in certain places, so shop around.

EYE DROPS ARE A LIFE SAVER.

Day 35- the skin on my hands and arms are really dry, esp. the backs of my hands... the right one is so bad. its gross. my hair is pretty flakey, my lips are dry w/o aquaphor, my eyes are dry without drops, and my face is tight without moisturizer...but nothing too drastic~! As of now I am on 40mg two times a day on week days, and 40mg once a day on weekends.

I'm starting to see improvement. It has its good days and bad days... whats new?? haha!

my back and some joints has been sore/hurting still and those are about the only side effects I have! *knock on wood*

Hope everyone has a great week!! =]]

Ugghhhh.... day 30- something... myface decides that its going to freak out. sweet. good.....

and im getting these random sores on my arms from dry skin. lovely.

DAY 41- I think becuase I increased my doseage, I had a breakout, but its beginning to heal. My hand is still grossly dry, but I'm putting baby oil on it every night and this seems to be improving it slightly. The biggest side effect I have I think is joint and muscle/bone pain. Its not awful, but its definitly noticible. I have been more tired than i usually am, but I'm not if thats related to accutane, or just to it being the last quarter of school (YAYYY!!) and Im just tired.

My hair doesn't seem to be getting too dry. and my lips aren't even bad at all as long as i keep something on them most of the time.

Thats about it i suppose...

ask if you have any questions!! =]

Actually, when I mentioned it he just said that back aches are a very common side effect and just take motrin or whatever pain-killer i normally take.

DAY 47 OR 48- Haha i lose count. But I came home from school today and my chin was DRYYYY!! DRY, people! This is huge. My face hasn't actually improved though. Actually its worse. Not worse than before I started, but worse than last month. I'm sure its because I increased my doseage. I can tell a little bit of difference, just like in the actual tone of my skin.

Still using:

that anti-flake shampoo a couple times a week (like 2)

eye drops

Vaseline and vitamin E on my face at night

dove moisturizer in the morning

One vitamin E capsule every night

2 40mg. Claravis (accutane) pills every day. one in the morning, one at night.

trying to drink more water

Makeup:

I use Mary Kay Powder Foundation, but not really all over, and Ulta and Almay (I think) concealers on face. Sometimes I use tinted moisturizer, but not very often. I'm trying to keep as much as I can OFF my face and let it breathe. Haha.

Side Effects:

Dry lips, arms and face and VERY dry hands (the backs?? its odd)

Sore joints/muscles (Not too bad)

Im sort of more tired than usual??

more susceptible to sun/wind burns

Questions?

Thats it for now!

Except I decided I would pick a song of the day everytime I updated. =]

Today's song: No Air (Jordin Sparks) <3

Day 51- Wow. 51 days. Its gone fast! Today is a pretty good skin day.. its definitly not clear at all, but its improving.

I have decided not to worry about working out. it hurts my back too much and i can't breathe very well. its odd. I can't get that out of shape in 3 or 4 weeks!! =(

the tops of my arm has a bunch of little dry scab patches... its so dry.

i layed out today for a little bit even though i probably shouldn't...i had sunscreen on my face....

song of the day: "lost" by micheal buble. <3

I went outside when i was accutane, all the time.

And it's normal for skin to start up when you increase the dosage.

When i was on it, before i went to bed eachnight i always put lotion on, all over my body and put aquaphor on my lips. And just get cozy in bed. =]

Hopefully, accutane works well for you. I was on it for i believe 5months, awhile back, i might need a second round of it. But either way my face is nothing like before.

Day 55. Face is looking pretty good today.... definitly has its days.

Lots of dryness. Vitamin E is great! Flakey hair, dry hands and arms, dry lips, back pain, and fatigue are really my only side effects. No bloody noses, thank goodness... i have a paranoia of those. lol.

Like 15 more pills this month. Ill post pictures soon...

I want to go lay out... i might... hehe.

Random but oh my word is soooo windy. I went out to get the mail and I kid you not, the wind almost blew me sideways! and im not a tiny person... lol.

Have a good day!!

Song of the day: Picture to Burn by Taylor Swift.

Back