Have You Cancelled?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've cancelled after two bags- Last month was just okay for me, and this month I was very underwhelmed. I quit BB to try MG, and have now quit MG to try SS- I don't have a ton of money to sub to multiple services, so I'm trying to find what fits me best. If SS isn't as awesome as I'm hoping, I'll probably go back to BB- The only reason I quit BB was because of how great the MG December bag was.

While I haven't been super impressed with the products, the MG customer service has been great for me- I've always gotten friendly responses in less than 24 hours that have addressed my problems directly. But it seems like I might be the only one :/

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've cancelled after two bags- Last month was just okay for me, and this month I was very underwhelmed. I quit BB to try MG, and have now quit MG to try SS- I don't have a ton of money to sub to multiple services, so I'm trying to find what fits me best. If SS isn't as awesome as I'm hoping, I'll probably go back to BB- The only reason I quit BB was because of how great the MG December bag was.

While I haven't been super impressed with the products, the MG customer service has been great for me- I've always gotten friendly responses in less than 24 hours that have addressed my problems directly. But it seems like I might be the only one :/

You should consider the look bag or beauty army, both have gotten great reviews from those of us subscribed 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should consider the look bag or beauty army, both have gotten great reviews from those of us subscribed 
They're definitely on the "to try" list- Just happened to check out Sample Society first :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

After receiving my MyGlam bag last night, I am totally done with them. Ended up cancelling and won't regret it, I think.

Subscribed with New Beauty Test Tube instead. Less frequency of products, but it seems like they send out products that I think I'll actually use. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm excited...though I don't think it will come for another four months??? Ah well.

Originally Posted by pond3ringharu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Subscribed with New Beauty Test Tube instead. Less frequency of products, but it seems like they send out products that I think I'll actually use. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm excited...though I don't think it will come for another four months??? Ah well.
Next Test Tube is 2nd quarter which will come in April.

I was (as expected) fairly underwhelmed by this month's Glambag. It's kinda striking me more as a yambag.....but I'm waiting to see how March goes BEFORE I cancel. Of course, I'm also looking forward to Sample Society--I have VERY high hopes for that one, just as I did MyGlam. I'm glad that MyGlam is at least TRYING to address some of their issues, but it's kinda locking the barn door after the horse has already gone, IMHO.

I'm going to keep my subscription for the March bag and then plan on cancelling.  Since there was a screw up with me subscribing in January and received a Jan bag instead of waiting till Feb which then got me a Feb bag at no charge, I figured "Why not?"

I've already started new subscriptions with The Look bag & Sample Society, so I'm super excited for those.

I just cancelled myglam (and look bag) because I'm trying to ween myself from my makeup box addiction and I wasn't overly impressed (with myglam). Still staying with birchbox and hopefully sample society. I'll cancel sample society if it sucks. lol

That's one of the reasons I cancelled! I'm trying to keep my subs to only one, maybe two at the most. Good luck with your addiction, ahah!

Originally Posted by WarPaint1739 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just cancelled myglam (and look bag) because I'm trying to ween myself from my makeup box addiction and I wasn't overly impressed (with myglam). Still staying with birchbox and hopefully sample society. I'll cancel sample society if it sucks. lol

whats keeping me from cancelling is that they have so much promise and hoping they will get back on the right track.  giving them at least till june to decide whether or not to keep.

Originally Posted by glamigirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

whats keeping me from cancelling is that they have so much promise and hoping they will get back on the right track.  giving them at least till june to decide whether or not to keep.

You're kinder than I am! I'm willing to give a service three months (unless it UTTERLY sucks at first, such as MPB). THis is the make or break month for me with MG.

(And I just went annual with BB--THAT is how much faith I have in them. We shall see how Sindulge and Sample Society pan out.)

Thanks! They were cutting into my vacation fund (lol). I really wanted to like myglam...so disappointing.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's one of the reasons I cancelled! I'm trying to keep my subs to only one, maybe two at the most. Good luck with your addiction, ahah!

I have not canceled as of right now. I've been a subscriber since the first bag & maybe it's just that I'm not hart to please but I've been satisfied

I cancelled after February's bag and I don't regret it at all after seeing March's bag.

I just cancelled (after reading what others have received in their March bag) and I haven't even received my March bag yet, lol.

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I cancelled after February's bag and I don't regret it at all after seeing March's bag.

I cancelled after February's bag as well. I was anticipating some financial issues and couldn't justify so many subscriptions, so I cancelled all but Birchbox.

After seeing the bag I am glad I cancelled. Nothing in the March bag looks exciting to me, except the $25 off $50, and it irritates me that MyGlam relies so heavily on their gift codes. Especially compared to the Teen Vogue box I am about to receive with a full size Tarte LipSurgence and a full size Essie.

I cancelled (had them completely wipe my account) and I'm still getting a bag.

What I think is interesting is that they told me to keep it, whereas when I got two January bags they had me send my second bag back.

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I cancelled (had them completely wipe my account) and I'm still getting a bag.

What I think is interesting is that they told me to keep it, whereas when I got two January bags they had me send my second bag back.

did they pay for you to send it back? 

they must have realized that was awful customer service.

Back