HELP!!! I'm trying to enter the complex world of makeup

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Well this is my 1st time doing this so please bear with me. My name's Brittany. I'm 16 years old, light-skinned African American with normal/combination skin I think. You see, I'm having a difficulty with makeup. For one thing, I have no idea where to start. But I know that I want to at least know my way around a makeup kit of sorts because as a young lady growing up, I want to start experimenting with this stuff. I know I'm probably kinda late with this but I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out with my issue. I have prom this year and other things coming up and I want to be able to do my own makeup. I'm on a budget so I would like for it to be cost-friendly with good quality, comes in lots of shades, and not that hard to do since I'm a beginner.Can someone give me suggestions as to what kind of makeup would be good for me? 

Reaction score
Welcome Scorpio!

You should post this question in the make up forum I think. I look there a lot for more experienced member's answers.

Reaction score
 Hello and welcome to MUT! 
 ​
So glad you found us!! There is so much information here and a great way to teach, learn and grow! If there is anything you have a question on, please feel free to contact me or any of the mods to help you out. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hope you enjoy the boards!

Reaction score
Thanks you guys for welcoming me to MUT. I'm so glad I finally found a site where I can answers to all of my beauty questions and talk to other people.

Suenotto, can you tell me how to put my thread on the make up forum??

Pancua & Playedinloops, do you think you could recommend some brands of foundation??

Reaction score
I think once you post a thread in a certain section, only the mods can move it. But I don't think there's anything wrong with just posting your question(s) again in the makeup section.  Just watch out, I think my makeup spending has increased since I joined this site, no, no, I KNOW it has.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scorpio2258 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks you guys for welcoming me to MUT. I'm so glad I finally found a site where I can answers to all of my beauty questions and talk to other people.

Suenotto, can you tell me how to put my thread on the make up forum??

Pancua & Playedinloops, do you think you could recommend some brands of foundation??
I am a personal fan of MAC, especially when you go in and talk to them so that would be my suggestion. But it is far from the cheapest.

Latest posts