Help improving scars

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@monniej... well, searching... can get you places
smile.gif
tee hee

I did try the Dermatix and it worked for me. I think it's about $50 or something or maybe less online. My surgeon recommended it... It's for those nasty scars really.

What I'm looking into now is how to get rid of the pimple scars... Any thoughts? How about rosehip oil? Has anyone tried it?

Gerda Spillmann has an RAO oil that i've used on an old acne scar. The scar will probably never go away completely but it's definately 1/2 of what it used to be. I was so impressed with what it did that I started using it on my stretch marks... I definately think they are less noticeable and they feel tighter. bonus, i just bought some more for my stomach and it was on sale this month at their website.

Originally Posted by MyMaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif @monniej... well, searching... can get you places
smile.gif
tee hee
I did try the Dermatix and it worked for me. I think it's about $50 or something or maybe less online. My surgeon recommended it... It's for those nasty scars really.

What I'm looking into now is how to get rid of the pimple scars... Any thoughts? How about rosehip oil? Has anyone tried it?

do you mean those nasty dark marks left after the blemish clears up? i use mama lotion. sorry, haven't heard much about rosehip oil.

Originally Posted by allaboutskin /img/forum/go_quote.gif Gerda Spillmann has an RAO oil that i've used on an old acne scar. The scar will probably never go away completely but it's definately 1/2 of what it used to be. I was so impressed with what it did that I started using it on my stretch marks... I definately think they are less noticeable and they feel tighter. bonus, i just bought some more for my stomach and it was on sale this month at their website. thanks for the rec, allaboutskin! i think it's definitely worth checking out! do you have a link?

I hope the vitamin e oil works. My doc. recommended it for a surgery scar that I have, but I never tried it out.

ahhh, same here! those acne scars are EVIL!

ive tried mederma for a while but didnt see much results(i probably should have continued using it tho, it seems like it takes looong time to get a noticeable results...agh )

im forever looking for that "miracle remedy" hope there is one!

i think im gonna try emu oil, ive heard such great things about this oil

I had a bad bout of acne a few years back which left some hyper-pigmented scars on my face...I was prescribed hydroquinone by my dermatologist and it did nothing for me...then she suggested Neostrata's AHA 10 smoothing lotion for my combination skin...and it worked...yipee! I saw improvements within the first 1-2 weeks. I still use the lotion a few times a week to maintain my complexion. Btw you must wear sunscreen religiously when working on lightening your scars, otherwise they'll just get darker and look worse. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Fatimah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I had a bad bout of acne a few years back which left some hyper-pigmented scars on my face...I was prescribed hydroquinone by my dermatologist and it did nothing for me...then she suggested Neostrata's AHA 10 smoothing lotion for my combination skin...and it worked...yipee! I saw improvements within the first 1-2 weeks. I still use the lotion a few times a week to maintain my complexion. Btw you must wear sunscreen religiously when working on lightening your scars, otherwise they'll just get darker and look worse. Good luck! i'm pretty sensitive to most aha's. the only real luck i've had is with malic and mandelic acid. not quite as strong as some aha's, but excellent for woc. hydroquinone did absolutely awful things to my skin, but my sister and grandmother use it with great success! go figure. lol~ excellent advice fatimah, without sunscreen anything you do won't last!

Originally Posted by isometh /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hope the vitamin e oil works. My doc. recommended it for a surgery scar that I have, but I never tried it out. i have had luck with softening my skin with vitamin e capsules (just prick with a pin and apply to skin), but didn't help much with hyperpigmentation.

Originally Posted by hkLola /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey there. I would recommend using Neutrogena's microdermabrasion kit for about 5 minutes on whichever area. I use that for some of my scars and in 1 week I have had the greatest results! It smoothed them and made them blend in much much MUCH better, I am not kidding!
icon_eek.gif
I put Mederma on afterwards but that never did anything alone. Here's what I did that worked.... I used the microdermabrasion kit and then applied Mederma and then applied some 100% pure emu oil. Good luck!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I agree! I used this kit too and it was amazing how much it helps me..and my skin felt oh so smooth(I used it on my chest and where my hair lays on my back...cuz that just caused me trouble). The body one worked for my face also. I just think keeping in the routine is best for ya. I have a bad habit of starting something good then not continuing

Here's my story: I have a real bad scar due to a c-section... It's raised, uneven and was kind of purple for almost 2 years... Since another pregnancy, it's more like brown-red and a tiny little bit more flat...

Anybody had this experience and did something that worked???

I've tried a silicone-based topic cream and polysporin's scar sheets...

I would check with your Dermatologist first, Depending on the col,our of the scar, it could be a Keloid( Heavy scar tissue) and burning it off will help.If it's not try Bio Oil, for me that worked wonders for scarring

Hello BuffyGirl!!!

You're totally right on the keloid thing...

Did you use Bio Oil on that type of scars??

How do dermatologist burn a keloid???

It looks scary to me!!!

Thanks and answer me back, please....

The Dermatologist usually uses Liquid Nitrogen and applies it to the keloid. It doesn't "burn" so much as tingles alot!!!!! Then after a few days it scars over and falls off. At first I freaked out coz it turned black!!!! But then after a few days it healed nicely. I don't need to use Bio Oil on that coz the keloid is barely noticable. I use Bio Oil on old acne scars and it seems to be fading them!!! If you're in Vancouver I recommend Dr. Dodd. Hope this helps Jolanka.

Back