Help me spend my 20 Sephora Bucks!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally decided on what to spend it on. It was VERY little, I only bought one thing which was a Sephora by OPI nail polish and got a whole bunch of samples. Only got charged $0.49 to my credit card. Birthdays coming up in Feb. so hopefully I can do a little more damage than that.

It's called Water Baby. It was from the Mermaid collection, it's a beautiful silver color.

I saw the MUFE shadows in person yesterday and now Im not sure I want like it. I thought 79 was way too dark and it hardly looked purple. I also looked at 92 and it looked too bright. So i might return it. lol

I just spent my $20 giftcard, and it ended up costing me $120... lol!

I got:

The Lorac Holiday palette

Jack Black lipbalm trio

the $9 Nars gold shadow (it was soooo pretty, not overly chunky as far as the glitter goes..)

MUFE Lift Concealer #3

Korres Soft Eyeliner Pencil in black (for my momma)

Then I stopped at the Bobbi Brown counter and spent a little there..

Then the MAC counter.. spent a little there too. LOL!

It feels great to buy makeup!

Ooh good Job Nicole--she's back!! what did you get at Bobbi?

So the Nars gold eye shadow wasn't too chunky? Hmm...maybe now I want it. The other gold one I have from Nars is REALLY glittery so I never wear it. So if i could find more of an everyday wearable gold I'd be happy.

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's called Water Baby. It was from the Mermaid collection, it's a beautiful silver color. I love silver!

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just spent my $20 giftcard, and it ended up costing me $120... lol!
I got:

The Lorac Holiday palette

Jack Black lipbalm trio

the $9 Nars gold shadow (it was soooo pretty, not overly chunky as far as the glitter goes..)

MUFE Lift Concealer #3

Korres Soft Eyeliner Pencil in black (for my momma)

Then I stopped at the Bobbi Brown counter and spent a little there..

Then the MAC counter.. spent a little there too. LOL!

It feels great to buy makeup!

Have you begun wearing it again?

Originally Posted by Rebbierae /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ooh good Job Nicole--she's back!! what did you get at Bobbi? So the Nars gold eye shadow wasn't too chunky? Hmm...maybe now I want it. The other gold one I have from Nars is REALLY glittery so I never wear it. So if i could find more of an everyday wearable gold I'd be happy.

Becca..I have some Nars eye shadows that are very VERY glittery.. like lots of chunky fall out everywhere kind of glitter. This wasn't nearly as bad... but I need to try it one more time to give you a final answer.
My BB haul was boring.. just the usual. I bought a creamy concealer kit in "sand", and a corrector in "light bisque." I love BB concealer though ( I also like MUFE's) and that's after YEARS of trying so many different concealers.

I got two of the new dazzleglasses from the holiday collection at MAC. Very pretty. I also need a new "Ever So Rich" cremesheen. I LOVEEEE it!

So today I went back for more. I went to Sephora to get sugarbomb and they didn't have it in-store yet. So I headed to the Benefit counter and the MA had no clue what I was talking about. I was surprised... but I guess maybe they don't have updates like MAC does with their MA's? I don't know.. I couldn't figure it out. So I was mad I couldn't get it... I have to order online now. She ended up pushing the new powder bronzer "One Hot Minute" until I finally gave in and bought it. It looks pretty, but I have to try it some more to decide if I really like it.

I was looking for some Baroque Boudoir but I forgot that the Macy's counter doesn't sell the luxe collections. Bummer. I hate when I'm on a mission and I can't get what I want. I was also ISO navy dress pants for my son for Christmas pictures and I couldn't find those either. LOL!

Ok NIcole--go to benefit's website--every day this month they have a deal of the day--today is a free eye shadow brush with like a 20 dollar purchase. Get the Sugarbomb and then get a free brush! I should get my Sugarbomb from Sephora tomorrow I think so I'll see what I think of it.

I got the One Hot Minute and thought it was ok. But do you have Benefit's High Beam? Or some type of liquid highligher like that? If so, put a little of the highlighter on your cheeks, then use the One Hot Minute as sort of a blush over it--it looks really pretty and glowy. I don't think the powder on its own would work well as a blush, but with the High Beam under it it looks really pretty. Try it that way and see what you think.

I received the $15 gift card from Sephora too. I want to know can I ask someone else to bring the gift card in store and make a purchase? Cause I'm not living in the US and I dont want to pay for the shipping.

Because it's said that "One complimentary promotional gift card per person, and it is not transferable or valid for resale."

Does it mean the one who uses this gift card has to be exactly the card's owner?

Latest posts

Back