Help with huge pores

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey dreamgirl quick question - isnt coconut oil very heavy on the pores? Do you find it clogs them? The thought of anything oil-based on my face makes me cringe!

I use an in-home microderma twice a week and occasionally a toner with salicylic. acid (never on the same day as the microderma). Both have worked quite well at minimizing the appearance of large pores for me.

As someone said previously, you can't permanently reduce the size of them, but you can keep them clean which reduces how noticeable they are.

Coconut oil has really hydrated my face. It makes my skin feel more healthy and smooth. It hasn't contributed to my larg pores. If you haven't already, you should check out the coconut oil thread.

clean ur skin with a regular face wash........and apply a mixture of tomatoes,honey,turmeric powder,clay mud (multani mitti),chandan powder,besan and tulsi leaves.sometimes u can even add a little bit of lemon drops.do this regularly every alternate day ....anytime of the day .....maybe in the evenings......

yeah i apply it with a cotton ball, you can leave it on overnight and rinse off in the morning but dont apply moisturiser over where you have put the lemon juice.

I use a 2% BHA, and I can't even see them anymore. Best thing I ever used.

I had pretty much lost hope of dealing with the pores on my nose. Then, I started using IS CLinical Active Serum (my skincare regimen is IS Clinical based). The result was skin that is now clear, toned and virtually poreless! Fair warning though - the stuff is expensive.

Also, I recently started using a microfibre cloth on my face for cleansing. You don't use ANY cleanser at all - just water and the cloth. I have oily skin and really was sceptical but it's FANTASTIC. It literally looks as if I've done the equivalent of microdermabrasion.

I've learned alot about what does and does not clog pores. Alot of what I thought I could NOT use because my skin is oily turned out to be products that I could INDEED use. I just had to learn the difference between oily and the amount of moisture one's skin needs.

Right now, I'm also using something called all-in-1 facial elixir from Bella Pelle Skincare. The stuff is LOADED with tamarind seed extract and I have to say I love this stuff. Tamarind seed extract is a humectant that apparently holds 10 times as much moisture as Hyaluronic Acid. I find it to be awesome stuff. I would definitely keep an eye out for any AND all products that have it as an active ingredient. You can get the elixir at xxxspameditedbymodxxx . They also have a toner with the tamarind seed extract in it.

Where do you get the microfiber cloths? So you just wet the cloth and wipe off your makeup without any cleanser or anything on the cloth? I have never heard of this and it sounds quite interesting, so I must check it out.

I have been using the naturalis scar treatment for my acne scars and I have responded very well, healing my scar and reducing them ( less visible).

I figured if their product is good for the scarring skin, my guess is that their Pore reducer should help you also.

i'm so glad that i came across this post - i hate my pores. i swear that a small car could drive in mine!

well i know that a lot of you are curious about this, and i'm not sure if anyone is aware, but there is something that does reduce pore size, and not just daily. If you get laser treatments called a Photo Facial, you will see a SIGNIFICANT improvement not only in pore size, but also any redness in your skin. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That certainly is creative of her! I'm curious to try it, but I suspect her lovely poreless skin is due more to genetics than using an electric toothbrush to exfoliate.

Thanks for posting the link.

I tried this today using a facial brush. Like a face scrub brush with my regualar Murad AHA/BHA exfoliating cleanser. Worked wonders on my nose. Noticable difference. More so than just using the cleanser by itself.

Getting medium glycolic peels and other medium peels really do work. PCA peels (PCA Advanced Skin Care) really work awesome. If you can find someone in your area that does this brand of peels it is well worth it. It has helped my skin greatly. I can't do them now cause I am pregnant but as soon as this baby pops out I am getting another one. I usually get one every 2 months. The estician (sp?) will tell you which one would be the best for you.

lately i've been using dermalogica daily microfoliant (about one week) and i'd swear that my pores are tightening. could be my imagination, but my skin does look much smoother. i'm totally loving this product!

I didn't ever try anything; figured I was just stuck with large pores on my nose. Recently (the past 6-7 months?), I've been using mineral makeup foundation pretty much every day (but not any with bismuth oxy-whatever). I am not reliable about moisturizing -- I do use Oil of Olay Regenerist four days a week (Mon-Thurs) after swimming at the Y (chlorine, yuck!), but pretty much nothing otherwise. I almost never wash my face (except at the Y with Burt's Bees Mint soap), nor do I wash the mineral make-up off. (I didn't use any make-up before starting with the (wonderful!) mineral makeup. Imagine my surprise, when I looked (sparked by a discussion here) and found my pores were half what they were or smaller! I attribute it to the mineral make-up -- cause nothing else has changed.

Elenor

I am cursed with foundation sucking large pores. Two things really help. Neutrogena Microdermabrasion system (I buy the refil pads on Ebay) and a foundation primer by Lumene that you can only get at at CVS drugstore which is about $10.00. Moisturize first then the primer. It will probably do the same thing as the Monostat stuff and I will buy that next and try. The Lumene primer is a smaller tube and won't make people wonder why you carry it in your makeup bag. Always moisturze first. The best foundation has been Cover Girl Tru-Blend in the pump container. I also use the tru-blend compact then follow up with light a dusting of neutorgena minerals foundation powder (brush in tube). Avon has/had a "wrinkle stick" a solid stick that fills in (it does not) fine lines but it does work wonders for pores on your nose. Avon Anew it was. About the size of a sharpie pen and twists up. The Neutorgena Minerals work as a touch up because with large pores the foundation wears off the surface of the skin but remains in the pores and probably any brand mineral sort of blends it.

Paula's Choice 2% BHA has helped a ton! I've been using it for a month now, and my skin has never looked better!

Back