High School Reunions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I went to my 5 year (a LONG time ago). I hated it and I havent been to any since then. I'm not even sure that they are still held anyway. I went to a very small boarding school and there were only 45 people in my graduating class, so basically, I think we just phased out. Sounds like my school, although not everyone was boarding students...some of us were day students. But there were only 40-something of us in my class.

How did you feel about that at the time, envi? I always thought it sucked (and still do). I feel like I missed a lot of the fun things that happen in larger schools. But on the other hand, we had very little drama at our tiny little school (for the most part anyway).

Originally Posted by envymi Sounds like my school, although not everyone was boarding students...some of us were day students. But there were only 40-something of us in my class.

My 10 year is in 2008 - not sure if I'll go... I might, just out of curiosity. My HS has an alumni website where a lot of people post... so I already know that a lot of them either took the plunge moving out of state, married w/ kids, or still living around here just working. (like me! lol) There were about 2,000 kids in my grad. class (yeah... it's a big school - lol) My bf had his 10 year reunion last year. We didn't go - mainly b/c he said he hated people in his HS and didnt feel like paying $180 for us to go see the same people he didnt want to see for free back then! lol
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU How did you feel about that at the time, envi? I always thought it sucked (and still do). I feel like I missed a lot of the fun things that happen in larger schools. But on the other hand, we had very little drama at our tiny little school (for the most part anyway). Ummm, it was really good for us as far as education, everyone had individual attention. But I think the students who stayed on campus all the time-it seemed like they missed out on alot of stuff. Plus we never had anything like prom or stuff like that, but it really wasn't missed on our campus. I had another life outside of school, so I didn't feel like I missed out on much and I was living with my man at the time. If anything, I probably missed out on a normal teen life, but that's something else entirely! I didn't like how everyone was always trying to be in everyone's business though, cuz I was a very private person. It was sad to me when the kids didn't have any friends other than who we had at our school, cuz most of them were LOSERS!
icon_rolleyes.gif
But the advantage was that we were all pretty close to our teachers, they even hung out with the students alot off campus(no dating though-just friends) I'm glad I went to a smaller school.

Woo, class of

My 10 year will be next year as well (assuming someone handles it, lol). I actually had a dream a couple of nights ago that I went and it was lame. haha! I imagine I'll go, I still live in the same town, so I do see a lot of people I went to school with, but a lot moved on. Besides, if I went and it sucked, I could always just come right home.
wink.gif

DH had his 10 year reunion five years ago and we went. It was a lot of fun, actually! I only really knew two other people (his best friend from then and his cousin) but I *adore* his best friend so it was fun. We just sat and chatted all night.
wink.gif
His class has discussed having a 15 year reunion this year but I don't know if they will or not. I would go.
smile.gif

Haven't yet gone to mine... 2008 is the ten year reunion. I will go. I have nothing to be ashamed of!
icon_biggrin.gif

I went to my 10 year in 1998. We went in a Limo so noone had to drink and drive. There was about 10 of us, guys and girls. We had so much fun. It was really neat to see some of the people I had wondered about. People really change a lot in 10 years.

Back