Highlighter pens

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of products do double and triple duty!

You asked about using concealer as a highlighter/shader - that actually works beautifully for contouring and highlighting without a lot of shimmer. You can look not only at concealers that are like fairer skintones, but also at ones in tones of pink, slamon, lavender, mint or blue or lemon to achieve different effects. And lots of people sub in a deeper toned concealer or pressed powder for bronzer or a specific contour product.

Think of your face as a canvas, and all the products you use as paints. You can use the same tueb of color in many different ways.

So, a lip product could go on cheeks and eyes, glosses used on eyes, too (look out for cross contamination, though - if it were a wand gloss I'd used on my lips I wouldn't put it on my eyes, but if it were clean and sanitary in a squeeze tube, I'd do it.)

A whole range of foundation, concealer or powder shades used on skin as highlight and contour, eyy shadow, brow powder, mixed into gloss to change lip colors, mute a too bright shade, warm up a too cool tone.

Blushes used all ove r- cheeks, lips, eyes, contour, highlight, etc.

Eye shadows used to highlight the face and lips, or to contour cheeks and such.

In rare instances, products good for use on eyes are fine on lips and vice versa. If it ought not be used in a particular area due to specific ingredients, it will be printed "not for use on -whatever-" somewhere on the packaging.

Have fun and think outside the box!

- b.

A lot of magazines and books tell you not to do one thing then its okay another minute.

Kinda throws me off.

And thank you for continually answering my questions.

wrong.thumbnail.jpg

yes YSL has some beautiful ones (i believe it's in 3 or 4 different shades) they look really good.

I know sephora has one out for 10 bucks, a cheap way to find out if it's something you'd actually use!!

was looking at a new Avon catalog, and they have a new product- the Look Alert Eye Brightener pen... for $3.99!!!!!

I spend $36 on my Skinflash and have been seriously wondering why I am spending so much on a little pen that lasts me a month or two.

AVON REPS!!!! tell me more!!!! Regardless, I am buying all the colors just to see, at 3.99 and 4 colors to find my right shade, it's still over 60% cheaper than my one Skinflash.

Avon colors are a bit jumpy when it comes to shades. (Mary kay too.)

I don't think mac has a highlighter pen.

Back