Homemade Body Products

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I've looked through the threads we have, but I figured they're kinda old so I'd make a new one.

I have an e-tailer I'm "devoted" to, but she hasn't been very nice about replying to my e-mails. She has two products I absolutely love, and I'm too hesitant to try another e-tailer.

So, I'm tempted to just start making my own. Ya know? So, I'm curious as to how many MuTers make their own bath & body products? Do you have any tips/tricks, as well as recipes you'd like to share? What are the best sites to get supplies from? TIA!!!

Reaction score
Sarah (username SalJ) makes her own B&B products.

Reaction score
Thanks Marisol! I knew you said SS did, but I was too lazy to check the thread to find out who you had

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks Marisol! I knew you said SS did, but I was too lazy to check the thread to find out who you had
You are too funny. Yes she sent me some great products so definitely PM her.

Reaction score
My best home product is gram flour and honey for the treatment of oily skin and acne.

Reaction score
i make my lipbalms when i have time, one day i'll make my own bodycream. if you have dry skin, i suggest shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, macadamia oil, beeswax. some people say it's better to mix shea and cocoa butter but i've never tried it. try to get a small whisk to blend all the ingredients (i find mine very useful). make sure you also disinfect all your tools, just by using alcohol or boiled water. i also keep old pots and bottles that i clean and disinfect.

for the supplies, try online shops or healthfood stores.

Reaction score
I make bath and body products....I am a member of a forum for candles, bath & body. Are we allowed to post the name? If so I will gladly do it, like here you will learn alot and find alot of recipes. If I cant post it then send me a pm and I will let you know the name.

Reaction score
Well the only thing homemade I like to do is use sugar and olive oil as a hand scrub when I do my manicures. Those two products at once are the best things that happened to my rough dry hands. If I have time I'll use it all over my body...but usually just store bought fragranced sugar scrubs lol. My cousin makes handmade soaps and she usually makes me a basket full so thats another homemade thing I use. One day I would love to make my own bath salts/bath bombs, my own lotion and lipbalm ect.

Reaction score
Aloe vera lip gloss is great in the summer to soothe lips that might get sunburned. Mix together 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel, 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil and 1 teasppoon of petroleum jelly. Once these are mixed heat gently over the stove, constantly stirring until appears to be melted. Then simply pour the melted mixture into a lip gloss container or pillbox. Cool completely until the mixture is solid. Take it our of fridge, rub on your lips and enjoy.