Homemade Skincare Recipes and Masks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Min,

I just went to the drugstore to get some castor oil so I could make the cleanser....when I told them I wanted to put it on my face (all in German) they were laughing b/c the guy behind the counter kept saying..this is really,um, strong stuff you know..you have to be careful with this...and I was just staring at him like, what are you talking about...and then he said you are going to be on the water closet very hard and quick (in English!):--:--

LMAO. anyway, thanks again, and I can't wait to try the cleanser!

Yes it is used as a laxative lol. Lucky for me I didnt have to go to the pharmacy to get it. :icon_redf

Honey Cleansing Scrub

Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 2 tablespoons finely ground almonds and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice. Rub gently onto face. Rinse off with warm water.

Source: National Honey Board

Pina Colada Mask

1/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple

1 tablespoon coconut Milk

Place ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.

Spread in a thin layer over skin. Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Pat skin dry.

This tropical mask gives complexions a healthy glow. Bromelian, an enzyme found in fresh pineapple, removes dead skin cells.

you are a doll min! thanks for all these receipes! i think i am going to try this avocado mask with my boyfriend. his birthday is friday and i am trying to think of fun things to do for it, and he loves when i give him facials! :icon_love

Thanks, I love home recipes! I always keep 1@ of tea tree, rosemary, evening primrose and vitamin E oils. They work wonders for the skin.

You are welcome I always thought they were fun & most of the time cheaper than buying products. Ive noticed a huge change for the better since I stopped using commercial cleansers & stuff. By the way I havent tried every single recipe some looked fun so I thought I would post them :icon_wink I do plan on trying them all at some point.

val-header4.gif

Homemade Mask For Your Face, Hands, Feet
by: Chrys Solomon

val-girl3.gif

(USS Pineville May 2003 -Cruise to the Care of Being)

Orange Yogurt Mask ~ 1 tsp plain yogurt , the juice of 1/4 of an orange , Stir to mix and then dip fingers into mixture and smooth onto face. The sensation is both cool and relaxing. Leave on for a five minutes and then rinse. If you are feeling sluggish, this is the perfect mask for you.

Orange Cornmeal Delight ~Take one peeled orange and put in blender along with your desired amount of cornmeal. Add 1/4 cup uncooked oatmeal and mix well. Apply to a slightly damp face. Leave on for 10 minutes, then spray a bit of warm water on face and use circular motion to work mask around the face. Remove with warm.

Yummy Apple Mask ~1/4 of an apple, 1/2 tsp Half and half, 1 Tsp honey, 1 T oatmeal, Puree all ingredients until smooth, apply to face for 15 minutes and then rise with warm water

Yogurt and Honey Mask* ~ Mix together 1 tsp. honey, 1 capsule of vitamin A, 1 tablespoon yogurt and 3/4 egg yolk. To thicken, add a small amount of cornstarch. Apply mask to clean skin and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.

Buttermilk Mask ~ 1/3 cup of rolled oats soaked several hours in buttermilk. Strain. Add 1 capsule of vitamin A and mix well. After cleansing skin, apply mixture and leave on 10-15 minutes. Rinse with water

Flour Mask ~1/3 cup of whole wheat flour mixed with enough milk to form a paste. Apply to face and leave on 15-20 minutes. Remove with warm water.

Almond Meal Mask ~ Grind 25 almonds or buy ready to use almond meal. Mix almond meal with a slice of peeled aloe. Add a few drops of sesame oil and mix together until blended. Dampen face slightly with a bit of milk or warm water. Apply mask and leave on for 15 minutes. Then rinse with warm water.

Oatmeal-Honey Mask* ~1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal, 3 tbl. Honey, 1 egg yolk Mix all ingredients together and apply over entire face. Rub mask around face in circular motion. Leave on for 10 minutes.

Creamy Avocado and Honey Mask ~ 2 tbl. avocado, mashed, 3 tbl. Honey, 1 whole egg Mix together egg yolk, oil and honey. Stir thoroughly. Now add egg white. Close container and shake well before applying.

Skin Nourishing Mask ~2 tbl. Honey, 3 tbl. olive oil or mineral oil, 1 whole egg, Mix together egg yolk, oil and honey. Stir thoroughly. Now add egg white. Close container and shake well before applying.

Bran Mask* ~Mix together 2-3 tsp. bran, 1 tsp. olive oil and 1 egg yolk. Leave on 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Milk Mask~Milk, 1/2 Cup Besan Flour, Combine the ingredients until it’s a hearty paste. Refrigerate for a few hours. Smooth the mixture over face and let it set for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with a warm damp washcloth. Then splash on cool water to close skin pours. A benefit from this mask is a tightening sensation.

Exfoliating Mask~Egg whites, oatmeal, Mix ingredients, slap on for five minutes. Let egg whites dry. Rinse with water. Voila! The oatmeal exfoliates dead skin, and works wonders when you scrub it on. Egg whites soften and smooth dry skin gently.

Moisturizing Honey and Lemon~ 1 TBSP honey (room temperature), 1 Tsp. lemon juice Blend. Apply for 30 min, rinse with warm water. One plus is it’s moisturizing effect.

Honey and Oatmeal Mask*~Honey, Oatmeal, Equally mix in oatmeal and honey leave on for 15 min. Rinse with warm water and then cold.

Cucumber Mask ~1/2 c chopped cucumber, 2 tsp. powdered milk, 1 egg white, Blend to a smooth paste and apply in upwards motions to face and neck. Let dry on face for 30 min. Rinse with warm water.

Egyptian Facial Mask ~1 egg beaten, 1/2 tsp olive oil , 1 T flour, 1/4 tsp sea salt , 1 T whole milk Mix together all ingredients until creamy and well blended. Spread the mixture over your face and neck and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse well with cool water and pat dry.

Nourishing Face Mask ~ 1 egg, 1 tsp almond oil , a little half and half Combine and leave on your face for about 15 minutes. Remove with cool water.

Cucumber Jones Mask ~ 1/2 cucumber, 1 egg white, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, 1 Teaspoon dried mint flakes Mix all ingredients together in blender until smooth. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Apply to face and leave on 15 minutes. Rinse with hot water, then cool water.

Strawberry Surprise Mask* ~ 1/2-cup ripe strawberries, 1/4-cup cornstarch, Mash strawberries and cornstarch together to make a paste. , Apply to face and leave on for 30 minutes. , Make sure to avoid the delicate area around eyes. Rinse off with cool water.

Bump Buster Mask ~ 1 Ripe tomato, chopped, 1 Teaspoon Lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon Instant style oatmeal or old-fashioned rolled oats, Mix all ingredients together in blender until smooth. , Apply to skin. If mixture is too runny, add more blended oatmeal. Leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.

* tried them and they worked GREAT!
remeber, you have to have the mask at least for 20 mins. (espc. the home made ones) if u wanna see results from the first use
Source: http://www.homemakingcottage.com/pamper/facemask.htm

just to let you guys know, i tried the molasses/yeast/acv mask. it made my skin pretty dry (acv), so i had to put moisturizer on afterwards, it did however make my skin softer. my skin was also pretty red aferwards and it didnt do much as far as pore cleansing goes. so i guess its good if you have oily skin, and want to make it softer. the mask looked like someone shat on my face by the way. i have combination skin.

did ya try the Dead Sea mud mask? it does an amazing job w clogged pores, dry patches and overly oily areas.. it's fab!

i mix it w honey and yoghurt though, and i've been told to use it always, always while the mixture is cold, leave it for about 45 mins and then rinse w cold water too..

STAY AWAY from Biore pore perfect products, they SUCK, they do a good job in removing black heads and w clogged pores, but they tend to enlarge the porse A LOT, and make the black heads come regularly.. :

I have a combo skin too, and this was my miserable experince w biore things

thanks for the warning noory, no i havent tried the dead sea mud mask. im not sure where to get that.

I made this last night & have been using it as a spot treatment for my zits. As you will see when you read the link there are many uses. Ive been putting it on since last night & my zits have started to dry up & are less painful but most importantly ive had no irritation from it.

http://www.geocities.com/bonnecasey/...nhomemade.html

Hi Everyone,

For a good and refreshing skin toner, I like to use regular Sour Cream. After

washing and rinsing my face I slather on some sour cream and let it set for

5-10 Min (more if you like). Rinse off with cool water and my skin feels much

tighter and smoother. I guess the acid in the sour cream helps to exfoliate

dead skin and tightens the pores.:icon_smil

it's the right price! lol! I'm going to the store later maybe I'll give it a whirl. thanks!

Luv Anyah

1 Tablespoon oatmeal

1 Teaspoon Powder milk

Few drops of lemon

Mix With water and apply once a week,worked gr8 for me and my face feel so smooth after.

Back