Honeymoons

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Killah Kitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Id have to say you must be crazy!! Anytime I go on vacation I almost NEED to be at a hot sunny beach. I love the ocean and hot weather and sand and all of it. These canadian winters drive me absolutely crazy. Hahaha! I can honesly say I never understood that . . . torontonians complain about the heat alllll summer(and holy hell, is it ever HOTT, I know, I lived in TO for 4 years
tongue.gif
!!). then they go to Florida to get the exact same weather in wintertime!
kopfkratz.gif
LOL!

For our honeymoon, we're going to Tahiti.

One day I'd really like to travel to Africa and go on a safari though.

I'm not married, but there are so many great possibilities ...

In any case, my honeymoon (ideally) should last 2 or 3 weeks.

One option: going to Paris, staying at the George V and after a couple of days travel down the Loire and spend the rest of the time at a chateaux, making excursions to the countryside.

Second option: do the same thing, but with Venice (staying at the Hotel Danieli) and then driving through Tuscany.

I've seen all these places on my own, it would be lovely to experience them on a honeymoon.

Another interesting thing would be New Zealand (I've never been there) - travel through the whole country, both islands - from the beach to the snowy mountains ...

ive always wanted to go to the Maldives or Seychelles for my honeymoon. Fingerscrossed one day
smile.gif

Not married yet but James and I can't decide between Japan or Vegas/San Francisco.

John and I went to Myrtle Beach since it was one of few places he hadn't been in the South. Not to mention, I was pregnant and didn't want to be too far from home. It was great, except it was slightly cooler out even though it was the end of March. If we'd had the money, and if John would get on planes, we definitely would've honeymooned somewhere in Europe!

Cool answers!

Kee, i'd like to go to a cold place as well! I never saw snow
smile.gif
I wish to travel to New York in christmas time, Europe on winter, to the ski stations at Argentina and even USA (my godmother's son lives in Park City , nearby Salt Lake City)

I love to travel and just 1 honeymoon wouldn't do it

Married a long time..... And stayed at the historical Dearborn Inn in Dearborn MI.... Kind of old and musty....ish... And we went to Greenfield Village and then to Cedar Point... Mainly because we didn't have any money... lol Just out of college and all... It was FUN!!! Not you average honneymoon. But we both enjoyed it...

Karren

got married two weeks ago and we went to sonoma, napa and san fran. it was great. wine country was pretty and romantic. tons of great eating and drinking wine. it was more 'interactive' than just lying on the beach which i like but hubby doesn't. next vacay is cruise

We got married in May '05. We stayed at Canyons ski resort in Park City for 3 days and then Acapulco for a week and a half! It was so much fun. My hubby and I saved our first time for our wedding night, so it was really special and romantic and needless to say, we spent alot of time inside. We didn't even leave our room at the Canyons the whole time!! LOL Our next trip will be either Tahiti, Hawaii, or Japan (he speaks fluent Japanese and lived there for 2 years, so we want to go and visit his friends).

I'd love to go to the Greek Islands and stay at a luxury resort, but honestly anywhere with my honey would be fine with me... its not like we'd be leaving the hotel much anyways..wink wink

My husband and I didn't get to have a honeymoon either, but we're not fretting about it.

We're just happy to be together, and that's all that matters to us.

Billy already agreed with me it'll be either Tahiti or Hawaii. OR we'll do Italy and Ireland together... I've been to both places already. His family is from Ireland, and mine's from Italy. So that would be cool. I think we might save Italy and Ireland for an anniversary honeymoon though.... like 5-10 years later. I'd rather go somewhere tropical for the actual wedding honeymoon.

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks
smile.gif
Having grown up in Newfoundland, I am definitely used to cold weather >.< You should seriously come to Iceland
wink.gif

Originally Posted by aebburg /img/forum/go_quote.gif got married two weeks ago and we went to sonoma, napa and san fran. it was great. wine country was pretty and romantic. tons of great eating and drinking wine. it was more 'interactive' than just lying on the beach which i like but hubby doesn't. next vacay is cruise Congrats!!!
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif We got married in May '05. We stayed at Canyons ski resort in Park City for 3 days and then Acapulco for a week and a half! It was so much fun. My hubby and I saved our first time for our wedding night, so it was really special and romantic and needless to say, we spent alot of time inside. We didn't even leave our room at the Canyons the whole time!! LOL Our next trip will be either Tahiti, Hawaii, or Japan (he speaks fluent Japanese and lived there for 2 years, so we want to go and visit his friends). If you love food, gadgets and (weird)culture, you've got to come to Japan
laughing.gif
How cool your husband is able to speak Japanese fluently!

Back