Honeymoons

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got married and honeymooned for nine SPECTACULAR days at Sandals Regency Spa and Golf Resort in Castries, St. Lucia.

It was the *most* wonderful wedding and honeymoon I could ever have hoped for (I never wanted to get married, so I never had a "dream" wedding..but if I did, this would've been it). We were married on the beach with the waves breaking...and after the ceremony and small reception, we got to go swimming (my MOST FAVORITE of activities...I could swim forever), and the next day, they gave us a Champagne brunch in our room....it was wonderful. We travel a lot, and between us we've been to almost all the Carribbean islands, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa...but this was one of the most memorable for both of us. We are going back to Sandals soon....they REALLY know how to take care of people!!!!!!!!

We were married in April 1997 and went to London on a weekend trip. We were students at the time and nobody knew we were getting married, so we had to pay for everything ourselves (needless to say, we got married at City Hall, with only 2 witnesses, and I wore a 25 dollar dress) so we couldn't really go on a long holiday to St Lucia or Hawaii or something. But no matter, because I LOVE London, Great Britian and also Ireland. I go to Ireland about twice a year now.

Kee: Finland is a lovely country. We used to travel there a lot when I was a kid, since it's right next door to us, ha ha! The Swedish mountains are also very nice and you can find really cheap accomodation there. That's probably true for Finland too.

Originally Posted by Karen_B /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kee: Finland is a lovely country. We used to travel there a lot when I was a kid, since it's right next door to us, ha ha! The Swedish mountains are also very nice and you can find really cheap accomodation there. That's probably true for Finland too. I'm so jealous
frown.gif

Some of my favorite bands are from Sweden . . . Namely:

Arch Enemy & Amon Amarth, but also Opeth, Dark Tranquility, Evergrey (Saw them live in Toronto once) Dream Evil, Falconer, Hypocrisy (saw them live in Toronto as well), Naglfar, In Flames . . . quite a few more, but these are the ones that really stick out in my head.

Kee, did you looked for hostels for a cheap accomodation? Some have bedrooms for 2 people
smile.gif

And i'd love to travel to Canada in Fall (i like cold, but not too cold - but i wish to see snow once in my life, so one day i'll take the plunge and go to USA, Canada or Europe in the winter)

EDIT> one thing that i like about the cold is that if you want to get warmer you just have to put more clothes on. When you're feeling hot, you can be naked but you'll still feel hot

Lia, October in Ontario is so beautiful! OMG!

It's beautiful here in Newfoundland as well ofc, we're always surrounded by beautiful scenery and fresh air, but in Ontario it's still a bit warm in October whereas in Newfoundland you sometimes have to wear a snow suit over your halloween costume!

And Christmas in Downtown Toronto at night is really something to see too!

Yeah! When mom went to Canada, she went in Fall and took amazing pics! I already traveled to Canada, but it was summer! And i plan to get back because it's so beautiful! And i didn't walk a lot in Montreal so there's a lot unseen
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm so jealous
frown.gif

Some of my favorite bands are from Sweden . . . Namely:

Arch Enemy & Amon Amarth, but also Opeth, Dark Tranquility, Evergrey (Saw them live in Toronto once) Dream Evil, Falconer, Hypocrisy (saw them live in Toronto as well), Naglfar, In Flames . . . quite a few more, but these are the ones that really stick out in my head.

I read this to my husband and he was like "OMG, I love her already!" He has the same taste in music as you. He says to tell you about a band called Pest? Maybe you know them already, but if not it is a music tip from Scandinavia to you!
smile.gif

Lake Tahoe and San Francisco....it was awesome....and then Vegas 10 days later

I want to go to some deserted island... well, since that's not possible, somewhere nice and warm we can lie on the beach.

Kee, you always find something interesting to write about... ;-)

I didn't honeymoon when I got married. ;-( We wanted to , but we ran out of money and was flat broke! So, we just decided to save the little money we did have and save it for a later date or event. It was funny because the day we got married, we left our reception early to make it back home where no one would be til later on that night and it just seemed so weird. We knew why we wanted to come home, but when we got home, we *started* but the feeling just kinda died u know to do it and stuff... So, instead we drunk apple cider and watched MTV nakedly in bed!! Ha, Ha! and that was my wedding night.... *chee* ;-)

Originally Posted by Karen_B /img/forum/go_quote.gif I read this to my husband and he was like "OMG, I love her already!" He has the same taste in music as you. He says to tell you about a band called Pest? Maybe you know them already, but if not it is a music tip from Scandinavia to you!
smile.gif
I've heard them before, but I haven't listened to much of their stuff. The only black metal bands I really listen to are Naglfar, old Cradle of Filth stuff and a Canadian band called Blinded by Faith.

i'd like to honeymoon some where in europe-

france, italy,england, switzerland etc...

Back