How do you get your husband to stop playing video games and start helping out?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can't even get my husband to hardly do anything without being busy doing anything. it makes it so hard sometimes when i've been with my little ones and had a stressful day. makes me cry sometimes.
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif

Haha, there is no stopping them. But you know I would get pretty pissed if my boyfriend tried to stop me from doing my favorite thing to. But there comes a point when it is family neglect. Just tell your husband that haha!

This is great, Im not Alone!!!!! I think sometimes i might shove his Halo disc up his ass!!!

Ugh, video games
icon_frown.gif
My husband plays one called Knght Online now, but he used to play Ashen Empires 24/7.

I got him to cut back though, by reminding him of the other things he used to love in life.

For instance, I asked him why such a talented guitarist was wasting all his energy in video games. After talking about it, we struck a bargain. If he would start taking his music more seriously, and stop spending so much time on games, he could get the guitar he's been drooling over for months now.

Now whenever I see his him playing KO, all I have to say is . . . . "we paid $1200 for this guitar and you're not even playing it?"
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Works like a charm.

Maybe there are things your husband used to love as much as video games? If so, maybe you could try to remind him of them? I know it's hard and maybe you've tried this already, and actually, it wasn't as easy for me as it sounds here . . . it took over a year of kicking a screaming and desperation to finally get to the point where we compromised. But this is how I got my husband to at least cut back on video games.

Good Luck!

icon_redface.gif
I play with my husband
icon_redface.gif
On weekends and holidays a whole lot of nothing gets done around here. If there is something I need him to do, I tell him first thing in the morning, tell him when it needs to be done by and let him do it in his own time. Pushing just makes people push back.

I find with men you need to just spell it all out. What you want, how long you want it, why you want it, etc. Imagine you're in a boardroom trying to convince your company to invest a million dollars in your project.

We also moved our computers into the living/dining area so we are always together even if I'm not playing with him. Doesn't look very attractive but it's functional and helps keep our marriage going strong
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Actually now my bf just got digital cable, he admits on weekends during the day (I am not there during the day), that he sits all day and watches movies. I like movies, but he doesnt watch tv, just movies. I probably fueled the fire b/c I bought him every James Bond movie there is for Christmas. He has sooo many dvds, and watches them every day. It isnt a prob since I dont live with him, but we are planning on getting engaged, and I am thinking he is just going to watch movies and sports 24/7. When he comes to my house to hang out, he reads the paper, and my stepdad's Sports Illustrated. HE HAS SI AT HOME, why does he read it at my house? He says then he wont have to read at home. I get so bored when he comes over I start reading my own mags or just check email, cause he isnt noticing I am alive anyway. I know he would clean b/c he is a neat freak, I am a slob (something I am trying to fix). My best trick to get guys to pay attention to me is to go in the bathroom and come out in my underwear. It has never failed with any boyfriend, haha.

That sounds just like my husband, being on the PS2 all day and all night, but when enough is enough and I need his help. oh...............you bets to believe that that game will be off, even if I have to pull out the plug. I feel as though, I didn't have OUR kids by myself, so I won't raise OUR kids by myself. We both will spend quality time with OUR kids and he play the game on his own time. When you say it, don't ask, you demand it ! And he will feel the heat in your tone of voice.

Back