How do you store your samples/Makeup Vanities?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just spent some time in my bathroom sorting through all my samples and "excess inventory" (stuff I don't use very often at all and should probably throw out but HEEECK NO!).  it's not pretty but it's organized and i did get rid of some products that were expired.

Here is a pic of my loose shadow "palette".
This was just made w stuff I had around the house.

If I had gone to the store I could have done a better job, but this is good for now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I can also remove the loose shadows from this as they have velcro on the back!

This is a mini box that came from the tooth cleaning brushes I buy.
I have at least 9 more of these tiny cases to use up eventually.
To hold the shadow pans I used Duck Brand putty from Home depot...

I labeled the brands of eyeshadow on the back of the case w a white label (the purple/black shadow is QUO, brown Aveda and the round ones are Lancome- from an annoying palette I had).

Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is a pic of my loose shadow "palette".

This was just made w stuff I had around the house.

If I had gone to the store I could have done a better job, but this is good for now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can also remove the loose shadows from this as they have velcro on the back!

This is a mini box that came from the tooth cleaning brushes I buy.

I have at least 9 more of these tiny cases to use up eventually.

To hold the shadow pans I used Duck Brand putty from Home depot...

I labeled the brands of eyeshadow on the back of the case w a white label (the purple/black shadow is QUO, brown Aveda and the round ones are Lancome- from an annoying palette I had).
Cool, thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i just spent some time in my bathroom sorting through all my samples and "excess inventory" (stuff I don't use very often at all and should probably throw out but HEEECK NO!).  it's not pretty but it's organized and i did get rid of some products that were expired.

basically my setup right now! lol. not that organized but does the work! but was wondering if this would be fine for starters? plain and simple? what do yo think?

Originally Posted by brendabona /img/forum/go_quote.gif

basically my setup right now! lol. not that organized but does the work! but was wondering if this would be fine for starters? plain and simple? what do yo think?

Love it!

This is cute! My only concern is the mirror, will it be close enough for you to do your makeup and what not?

I prefer a mirror that I can move around a but I'm quite vision impaired when it comes to seeing thing more than a few inches in front of my face lol Just a though you might want to look at Ikea too if you have one near you they have a lot of great desks that you could DIY into a great vanity.

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sort my samples in subscription boxes too!

Originally Posted by Beauty-Flawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is cute! My only concern is the mirror, will it be close enough for you to do your makeup and what not?

I prefer a mirror that I can move around a but I'm quite vision impaired when it comes to seeing thing more than a few inches in front of my face lol Just a though you might want to look at Ikea too if you have one near you they have a lot of great desks that you could DIY into a great vanity.
Got your point there. But I'm not that impaired really to have difficulties. I only liked it for its simpleness. Might as well comfort it to fit my needs in case I buy it. 

This is cute. I looked at the same one on Amazon only in the dark cherry color. My main concern was that I'd smack my legs on the sharp edges (right side), so I went with a more open vanity. I'm also a big girl, so if you are more proportionate it will probably suite you just fine.  You can always add a hand mirror or standup small mirror (I got mine at Ikea for 8 bucks and it's cute w/ iron detailing) for close up work.

Originally Posted by Beauty-Flawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have this vanity in black and I love it...Take it with a grain of salt though...I have a modest collection but it suits my needs..If you have a palette collection, you will need something else to store them b/c the drawers are shallow..I can post a pic of my set up if anyone wants to see it.  As for the mirror, I lean in to do my more precise make up but a magnified mirror with light to sit on the vanity would be ideal for me.

Originally Posted by Canny Charlene /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have this vanity in black and I love it...Take it with a grain of salt though...I have a modest collection but it suits my needs..If you have a palette collection, you will need something else to store them b/c the drawers are shallow..I can post a pic of my set up if anyone wants to see it.  As for the mirror, I lean in to do my more precise make up but a magnified mirror with light to sit on the vanity would be ideal for me.
Pictures would be great!

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm home now so I took a quick picture. Its super messy right now because I was going to try to alphabetize my palettes (lol) and organize some other things, but here is what it looks like to give you an idea:

I have eye shadow singles in one drawer, blush in another, etc. 

This is the exact same set up I have! Same Micke desk and additional drawers on casters.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, this is a nice idea! I've been trying to find a use for all my sub boxes. >_<

Back