How many of you actually return producs that don't work out for you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never because you can't return stuff in my country as far as I know! You can return it but it has to be unused & unopened and you can only exchange for something else (I have done this and they always inspected the product). So if I don't like a product and I've used it, I'm stuck with it :/. I wish I could return because I've bought many crappy things through the years lol

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL Possibly. I avoid Walmart when possible. I love Hard Candy but don't buy more often because its' sold exclusively at Walmart. If I'm at Wally World I may buy something but most times I don't. It's not really my loss but Hard Candy's because I'd buy everything they have.

I bought 6 Hard Candy items. 3 I like. 1 was just broke, 2 of the mascaras were awful... so I kinda have a hit or miss impression with them now. When I went to return them the lady said I need to write Hard Candy and then they will send me my money back. Ugh... I'm too lazy and nice to go complain to them LOL So I guess I'm out $12

Same thing here.  You cannot return opened cosmetics.  Other things, I just keep.  I don't think I ever returned anything beauty wise.  I just keep it on my hands and give it away after.

Originally Posted by aliana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Never because you can't return stuff in my country as far as I know! You can return it but it has to be unused & unopened and you can only exchange for something else (I have done this and they always inspected the product). So if I don't like a product and I've used it, I'm stuck with it :/. I wish I could return because I've bought many crappy things through the years lol

I had my make up done by a professional at a Salon once. She told me about mineral makeup and applied a thin layer of foundation on my face. I loved the coverage but I wasn't too keen on spending 40 dollars at that time for foundation (I was in high school) but I brought it anyway. I got home and to my horror the shade was way way too yellow for my complexion. I returned it for a full refund. I wonder if there is a list of stores that have a no return policy on cosmetics. 

^^ we should make a list of ones that have good return policies. Walgreens seems to be awesome about returns, and CVS also. We don't have Rite Aid anymore but when we did they used to run commercials about how they will return makeup, even if it's just the wrong shade.

I know MicaBella has a no return policy. :| I eventually DID get my money back and returned the products to her once I cashed the check she sent.

RiteAid still has the 100% guarantee policy on makeup. I wonder what they do with returned products.

Walgreens... I think also has a 100% guarantee policy on makeup.

Target and Walmart - no returns

ShopKo - returns only defective/damaged products. I don't know if they return if the product just didn't work out.

Sephora - 100% refundable.

Macy's - no idea.

MAC - no idea.

Sally's Beauty Supply - does allow returns but I'm not sure what their policy actually states.

That's what I love about Sephora, they may be super expensive but the customer service is amazing and so generous!

I hardly ever return stuff... even clothes if they don't fit LOL... I just give them away... With Makeup that I don't like I just keep and use it on someone else or just give it to someone...I'm really bad at returning things, probably because I hate packing up my twin boys (who are 2) and taking them to the store just to return something. By the time my husband gets home its dinner time and I just don't feel like running out to the store after dinner... I'm so bad! LOL

You got refunded??  I didn't even know.  How did that happen?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know MicaBella has a no return policy. :| I eventually DID get my money back and returned the products to her once I cashed the check she sent.

RiteAid still has the 100% guarantee policy on makeup. I wonder what they do with returned products.

Walgreens... I think also has a 100% guarantee policy on makeup.

Target and Walmart - no returns

ShopKo - returns only defective/damaged products. I don't know if they return if the product just didn't work out.

Sephora - 100% refundable.

Macy's - no idea.

MAC - no idea.

Sally's Beauty Supply - does allow returns but I'm not sure what their policy actually states.

Originally Posted by llehsal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You got refunded??  I didn't even know.  How did that happen?
Well I filed a lawsuit, complained to the ATG and the BBB. She refused to respond to the ATG and I haven't heard anything from the BBB. Last week I got a check in the mail and went right down to the bank and cashed it. I guess she didn't want to go to court which is fine, neither did I. The next day I went to the mall and returned the products to her but she wasn't there so I left the products with the girl who was working there (not Kat the assistant witch manager). I'm out only the $6 check cashing fee which Bank of America charges non-members to cash a member's check.

I've returned cosmetics at Walmart.... just told them "It wasn't for me" and never had a problem getting a refund.

CVS has always been good with a return.

Sephora is the best. I had a mascara item that I had used almost a year, when the brush broke. They wouldn't refund my money, but had no problem giving me store credit. That's fine by me.

I've also had no problems when dealing with Avon reps either. They are "self employed" so probably each rep's position on things is different. ALTHOUGH the company itself says you have a 100% satisfaction guarantee do if I didn't get a refund/exchange? I'd raise holy heck!!

Those are, primarily, the main stores I deal with when it comes to makeup.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol, when I went  to Walmart on Friday it was so ghetto they had the entire makeup area gated in.  You weren't allowed to leave without paying for your items first.   It was only 2 tiny partial isles of makeup too.  Stupid walmart!
OMG that is so ghetto! LOL!

LOL Reminds me of the mall I went to in Walla Walla, Washington. I've only been to Walla Walla once and went to their mall. OMG - Talk about ghetto! The mall's parking lot had these large potholes that could give a car front end damage. It had a (closed) KMart attached to it. Then there was one in one of the towns south of Boston (MA) and that was pretty ghetto too. That was in... let's see... I was pregnant with our youngest daughter and our middle daughter just turned two... um... 14 years ago. The interior of that mall looked like it was stuck in the 1970s! LOL I wish I could remember what town it was in, I think it was Dedham, hubby said it was in Medford. He was thinking it was South Shore Plaza but I said, "no the one story, trashy one". LOL He remembered it was in Medford.

Hahaha sounds classy!  My hubboyfriend was like text me when you get there just in case I have to tell the police what time you went missing.

Originally Posted by AmyNxDx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not everywhere returns things :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Walmart wouldn't return stuff, I dunno why not, they return everything in the world!!

Really?! I've returned things to Wal-Mart WITHOUT a receipt and it was like past 2 months. I decided to try the L'Oreal true match and hated it. I just kept it in my stash and never got around to returning it. One day I decided to clean out my stash and returned it. Though they didn't give me my money back they did let me pick something else out.

Wal-Mart is really big on customer service, I'm surprised they didn't let you return something-unless like half the product was gone.

I used to not return things because I was afraid the clerk would think I was one of those crooked customers that liked to cheat the system by using products and then returning them to get my money back.

But really, I realized I work hard for my money I'm not going to spend money and keep something that doesn't work for me. That's just stupid. I've never returned something at MAC but I have exchanged a lipstick that just didn't look as good as it did in the store and had no problems. But with MAC you have to keep the original packaging as well as the receipts, so I keep the boxes.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol, when I went  to Walmart on Friday it was so ghetto they had the entire makeup area gated in.  You weren't allowed to leave without paying for your items first.   It was only 2 tiny partial isles of makeup too.  Stupid walmart!

LOL!

I think Wal-Mart in general is just not that great. Yah, it's cheap but I find it messy and never fully stocked. And the people that work there aren't that nice but I guess it makes sense with the way they treat their employees.

Originally Posted by KaytieBaybie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really?! I've returned things to Wal-Mart WITHOUT a receipt and it was like past 2 months. I decided to try the L'Oreal true match and hated it. I just kept it in my stash and never got around to returning it. One day I decided to clean out my stash and returned it. Though they didn't give me my money back they did let me pick something else out. Wal-Mart is really big on customer service, I'm surprised they didn't let you return something-unless like half the product was gone.
Walmart is horrible on customer service which is why they're ranked #1 on bad customer service.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-talk-customer-service-0608-20110607,0,1364718.story

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20110607/pl_usnw/DC15601_1

According to a new Consumer Reports' survey, 65 percent are "tremendously annoyed" by rude salespeople and 64 percent of respondents said that they had left a store in the previous 12 months because of poor service.  This survey is part of a larger investigation on customer service featured in the July issue of Consumer Reports and online at www.ConsumerReports.org.  The report names Walmart among the worst in customer service for its retail service in eight out of 21 industries evaluated.

any Walmart should return makeup you don't like.  If you don't have a receipt they'll usually make you switch it out for another makeup product. 

Back